Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   REA - great customer service (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=170488)

Runscott 06-11-2013 08:33 PM

REA - great customer service

I think I've only won anything in the last two REA auctions - always fun, but I'm normally outbid. There was a shipping accident - I changed my address via a notation on the invoice, but the items headed off to my actual 'computer' address (simple mistake, not horribly unusual) - and Rob Lifson was all over it (many personal phone calls, checking and updating), making sure that the items made it to my physical location. It was a mess, including a mistake by Fedex, but REA's diligence (and Rob's personal attention) made sure that three huge packages got to me as fast as could be expected. Considering it was only my second auction winning anything with them, and no one at REA knows me personally, I was really impressed that Rob and others gave the situation so much attention - they could have done less and I wouldn't have made a fuss.

shammus 06-11-2013 08:47 PM

Scott, thanks for posting about this as I meant to right after the auction ended. I'll piggy back on your experience with one of my own...

I called Rob right after his last auction, didn't get him on the phone right away and declined to leave a voice mail as I just figured I'd call him back some other time. It was a Friday night and a bit after 7pm, so I didn't really expect him to be there.

Less than 10 minutes later, he calls me back and greets me with a very cheery "Hey Brian!!" and proceeded to chat with me for at least 20 minutes even though he had to have been swamped. I was really impressed that not only did he remember who I was, he knew my number, what I had won and could easily recall items that I had won from him in the past. I could tell he was really enthused about the group of cards I had won and was going to do everything in his power about getting them to me safely and as soon as possible.

Also, he struck me as extremely dedicated - when I spoke with him it was Memorial day weekend and he was planning on spending the entire weekend getting cards ready to ship, sending out invoices, processing payments and so on.

Fun conversation for sure and it certainly was a pleasure chatting with him. He also mentioned an upcoming auction in the fall sometime. I'll certainly look forward to that and I think it will be a great thing for them and really interesting for us to see them expanding beyond their annual auction and hosting a second auction this year.

joeadcock 06-11-2013 11:16 PM

Rob has responded quickly and very nice when I have dealt with him. Including when asking about consignment a few days ago.

the 'stache 06-11-2013 11:55 PM

I'm super impressed with REA overall, and will be looking to bid in their second auction. I'd asked when their second auction would be held, and got a response back from Dean Faragi the next morning. They're looking at October 19th or thereabouts.

gnaz01 06-12-2013 03:46 AM

I concur with everything everyone has said. I had my item in my hands less than 1 week after the auction closed, well packed and safe. Rob and team as a class act all around, IMO.

scooter729 06-12-2013 06:36 AM

Chuck Norris has admitted that Rob is his daddy when it comes to customer service.

Bosox Blair 06-12-2013 10:53 AM

+1 here...Rob and Brian Dwyer make a formidable customer service team. For this REA, Brian worked with me to arrange a much-expedited delivery, and everything was as smooth as silk! Top notch for sure!!!

Cheers,
Blair

Jay Wolt 06-12-2013 10:55 AM

The REA team is as solid as they come.
Looking forward to their 1st fall offering and plan to consign several lots to boot.

Leon 06-12-2013 10:56 AM

I have to throw my hat into the REA compliment ring too. They always give exceptional customer service. Brian added another layer of "exceptionalism".

Wymers Auction 06-12-2013 01:39 PM

This is one of the most refreshing posts that I have read in a long time.

Runscott 06-12-2013 03:26 PM

I should add that Dean was also very helpful. I have never talked with Rob before, so it was interesting discussing baseball collectibles - I don't know where he found the time to spend so much time on the phone with me. Sounds like someone who just loves his job and is willing to put in a lot of overtime.

Yankeefan51 06-12-2013 09:11 PM

REA Service

I have had the honor and pleasure of dealing with Rob since I began collecting in 1977. Rob has always been helpful, in good times and bad. When I have been ill, he always called. When I sold items, he paid in full within a week.

Although everybody has issues with everybody. Rob is world class and I am honored and grateful for the help he has given to me over the last 30 years.

Without a doubt REA is the Harry Winston and Rolls Royce of the hobby.
Time has proven that the less ethical players will get back the carma they passed on. Thank you Rob for your integrity and support

Bruce Dorskind
America's Toughest Want List
bdorskind@dorskindgroup.com

Rickyy 06-13-2013 10:56 PM

First time I dealt with Rob he treated me like I was a long time customer and friend...advising me of what and what not they would accept from me in terms of items I was interested in possibly consigning to them...and giving me courteous advice...I don't forget things like that....it was truly appreciated. Ricky Y