Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   enough is enough (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=245482)

megalimey 09-28-2017 04:54 PM

enough is enough

Call for a National boycott of the NFL for Sunday November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend. Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin. Continue with the weekly boycott of televised games. MAKE THIS SPREAD NATIONWIDE !!!!!

Nunzio11 09-28-2017 09:07 PM

Already with you David! Hopefully we won't have to wait until Veteran's Day before we see some results. Between the penalties, instant replays, me first dances on inconsequential plays, and ridiculous dog peeing TD dances, NFL telecasts are almost unwatchable already. Add in politically charged, hollow protests against the flag and it's an easy decision...done.

nolemmings 09-28-2017 09:21 PM

Not gonna happen. And as a proud American and son of a Veteran I very much understand what my father fought for, and as importantly, what he fought against. My late father completely understood and supported the importance of peaceful protest, including those raised against the flag. Don't get me wrong, he did not like such displays, but made it clear to me that they were a part of this Country's heritage and separated us from tyranny.

P.S. I won't even get into the misunderstanding many have as to why these kneelings are made and what is being protested. It is not the American military and those who serve or who have died. Apart from that and again, long live the First Amendment.

cardsfan73 09-29-2017 01:37 AM

I won't get political because this is a sports forum, not politics. I'll simply reply with nope!

cardsfan73 09-29-2017 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolemmings (Post 1705491)
Not gonna happen. And as a proud American and son of a Veteran I very much understand what my father fought for, and as importantly, what he fought against. My late father completely understood and supported the importance of peaceful protest, including those raised against the flag. Don't get me wrong, he did not like such displays, but made it clear to me that they were a part of this Country's heritage and separated us from tyranny.

P.S. I won't even get into the misunderstanding many have as to why these kneelings are made and what is being protested. It is not the American military and those who serve or who have died. Apart from that and again, long live the First Amendment.

Thank you to your father for serving.

Gobucsmagic74 09-29-2017 06:34 AM

Enjoy watching the final round of the LPGA tour event from Tucson, AZ gentleman. Looking forward to less crowds at Buffalo Wild Wings

vintagetoppsguy 09-29-2017 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolemmings (Post 1705491)

Thank you to your father for serving. I don't think anybody disagrees with their (NFL) right to protest (even though most, including myself, doesn't like it). It's how they're doing it that bothers people. Nobody, and I mean nobody has the right to protest while at work, while they're on the clock, while they're being paid - without the approval of their employer.

If you think otherwise, then the next time you're in a courtroom and the bailiff comes in and says "all rise" you just remain seated. When the judge asks you why you didn't rise, tell him it's your First Amendment right to protest and see where that get you. Again, it's not their (NFL) protesting that bothers most, it's the venue in which they're doing it. If they really want to protest, let them go do it in their free time - not while they're being paid to work.

glenv 09-29-2017 08:01 AM

It's amazing how well the protests are working. Sunday there were lots of games, but there was only one on Monday, then none on Tuesday and Wednesday...

Snapolit1 09-29-2017 08:03 AM

Has nothing to do with the military. Nada. But that's perfectly clear. People want to turn it into something it's not. Have 3 friends who fought in Afghanistan and not a one of them gives a hoot about any of this.

vintagetoppsguy 09-29-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1705547)
Has nothing to do with the military. Nada. But that's perfectly clear. People want to turn it into something it's not. Have 3 friends who fought in Afghanistan and not a one of them gives a hoot about any of this.

The Star Spangled Banner has nothing to do with the military? Who knew?

Edited to add: The Star Spangled Banner is a military tune. It was written in a time of war, about war (the bombardment of Ft McHenry). The Star Spangled Banner is what is being protested. Blacks have labeled it as racist. ..

http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-c...#axzz4u4uQU1Tr

If it's not about the Star Spangled Banner, then why don't they just get out on the field at halftime and lock arms? Why not after the game? Why not some other venue?