Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   enough is enough (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=245482)

Peter_Spaeth 09-29-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1705751)
Yes, everything...even Dr. Seuss books.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...as-racist.html

If you don't want to read the article, let me sum it up for you. "Dr. Seuss’s illustrations are steeped in racist propaganda, caricatures, and harmful stereotypes."

Wow! Who knew?

Dunno bout Seuss, but as our sensitivies and sensibilities have evolved, there is certainly a lot in the pop culture of even a few decades ago that through today's eyes seems racist and or sexist.

Gobucsmagic74 09-29-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravos4evr (Post 1705780)
and your communistic ignorance shows it's face again. This has nothing to do with the constitution. zero, zilch, nada.

the first amendment issues you protections from the govt that's it. It does not apply to your job, your private life...etc You have a right to not be arrested for saying things the govt doesn't like. But, you are not free from facing consequences for your choices. If you say things I don't like, I can fire you. If you say things in a place of business they don't like they can ask you to leave. If you refuse, you can be arrested for trespassing.

oh, and btw, if you are going to call people tools and be a smug little twat, bring that to me man, I'm not a victim nor am I frightened of internet tough guy communists on the internet. Grow up, your POV is for children.

Looks like Mississippi finally got the internet. Welcome to the 21st century

KMayUSA6060 09-29-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 (Post 1705810)
Looks like Mississippi finally got the internet. Welcome to the 21st century

Goodness. Lay off the personal attacks.

By the way, you've posted a couple times since I last responded. Still haven't read a single answer to any of my questions.

Gobucsmagic74 09-29-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 (Post 1705816)
Goodness. Lay off the personal attacks.

By the way, you've posted a couple times since I last responded. Still haven't read a single answer to any of my questions.

F off Kyle May

Gobucsmagic74 09-29-2017 08:09 PM

2) If this is about the Constitution, then can you please show me where in the Constitution it states who these rights are and are not extended to?

They are extended to all, in theory. It's the lack of execution of these rights that's in question

- Why aren't these athletes protesting the violence in the south side of Chicago, that just recorded its 500th official homicide of 2017 this past weekend?
Can't answer that but unsure of the relevance as it relates to this issue?

- If these minorities/people of color were truly oppressed, why is 68% of the NFL and 74% of the NBA black? These athletes are representing the other 99.9 of those who aren't professional athletes

- Why is the leader (Colin Kaepernick) of this "movement" a supporter of Fidel Castro, a truly oppressive dictator? No idea, and he's not the leader as far as I know...he just was the first to stick his neck out

- Why don't these athletes - or anyone who feels oppressed by America for that matter - find another country to live in if the US is truly that oppressive?
Or just be uber patriotic and stop watching sports

Cliff Bowman 09-29-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 (Post 1705817)
F off Kyle May

Just wanted to save that.

Gobucsmagic74 09-29-2017 08:28 PM

You too Cliff

vintagetoppsguy 09-29-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 (Post 1705823)
You too Cliff

Can I be included too, Dan? :D

Gobucsmagic74 09-29-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1705824)
Can I be included too, Dan? :D

Yes you may

vintagetoppsguy 09-29-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1705809)
Dunno bout Seuss, but as our sensitivies and sensibilities have evolved, there is certainly a lot in the pop culture of even a few decades ago that through today's eyes seems racist and or sexist.

Yes, Peter, I agree. But do we re-write history, remove plaques, tear down statues, etc? Where do we stop? There are certainly some racists in the HOF too. Do we give them the boot and ignore all their accomplishments? It has to stop somewhere. The political correctness is out of hand.