Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Change at PSA (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=252087)

RichardSimon 03-04-2018 10:42 AM

Change at PSA

Rich Albersheim is no longer a PSA authenticator.
His name and bio have been removed from the PSA website.
I have not talked to him since I heard this news so I don't know what his plans are now.

Republicaninmass 03-04-2018 11:01 AM

The Man who knew too much

theshleps 03-05-2018 03:56 PM

If anyone finds out why, let us know. I had multiple dealings with Richie and he is a man of integrity like alot of the other oldschool dealers

Duluth Eskimo 03-05-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshleps (Post 1754350)
If anyone finds out why, let us know. I had multiple dealings with Richie and he is a man of integrity like alot of the other oldschool dealers

That might just be why Rich is no longer with them.

Hankphenom 03-05-2018 04:52 PM

Without a scintilla of information on the situation, I'll hazard a guess that Rich is leaving PSA for a better opportunity, perhaps with a TPA looking to add one of the marquee names in the hobby and willing to pay for it.

keithsky 03-05-2018 05:31 PM

Maybe he left because of the usual corporate crap. No quality just quantity. He's a good guy and I have won a few things from him when he was running his auctions.

tazdmb 03-05-2018 06:59 PM

I have it on good authority that the biggest issue was the travel schedule.

RichardSimon 03-05-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithsky (Post 1754391)
Maybe he left because of the usual corporate crap. No quality just quantity. He's a good guy and I have won a few things from him when he was running his auctions.

+1 , that is my guess too.

Kco 03-07-2018 07:50 AM

My guess is the same, going from running your business, your way, it’s difficult to conform to the corporate culture, and I’m sure PSA is looking for volume and is expecting a lot of hours and weekends, which is going to wear you out fast.

Baseball Fan 08-20-2018 07:19 PM

Just a quick bump here about Mr. Albersheim.

He was taking offers on his inventory today, and I felt a bit uncomfortable making one because I'm never sure what is insulting and what is not.

Any way, I emailed him to buy something and told him to just take off whatever he was comfortable with/thought was fair and to just charge me.

He ended up taking 40 percent off. I found that to be incredibly kind and just wanted to share.

I will for sure give him my business in the future.

Topnotchsy 08-20-2018 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fan (Post 1805917)

He was taking offers on his inventory today, and I felt a bit uncomfortable making one because I'm never sure what is insulting and what is not.

Any way, I emailed him to buy something and told him to just take off whatever he was comfortable with/thought was fair and to just charge me.

He ended up taking 40 percent off. I found that to be incredibly kind and just wanted to share.

Where can one view his inventory?

Baseball Fan 08-21-2018 07:40 AM

http://albersheims.com/

Leon 08-21-2018 08:05 AM

He seems like a really good guy and that was a great gesture he did for you. That said, per that rule in bold at the top of every page, if you give an opinion you need your full name by it. Good or bad opinion, same thing. Nothing personal.

I recommend just putting your name in your sig line and scrambling it a little if you don't want it found in searches. If you don't want to do that please don't disobey the rule. I would have PMd this but you are not the only one that will do this today and maybe others will see this mentioned. :)

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fan (Post 1805917)

Baseball Fan 08-21-2018 08:37 AM

Oops. Sorry about that.

I'll sign my name from now on. Thanks!

Topnotchsy 08-22-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fan (Post 1806059)

Thanks!

Hankphenom 08-23-2018 05:07 PM

I've always considered Rich to be one of the good guys in the hobby, and a friend. He's a total pro to deal with, and I've never heard about anything the slightest bit shady.

Duluth Eskimo 08-24-2018 07:18 AM

I agree. Rich is a very good guy.