Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Let's recommend some movies (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=248873)

CobbSpikedMe 12-28-2018 04:36 PM

I agree with Darren regarding The Game with Michael Douglas being a great film. It's one of those films that is awesome the first time you see it if you don't know what's coming in the end.

And someone else mentioned The Gods Must Be Crazy. An odd film but also very good regardless.

Jim65 12-29-2018 06:20 AM

If you like classic 1930's, I recommend "Dead End" and "Crime School" with Humphrey Bogart and the Dead End Kids, these 2 came out just before "Angels with Dirty Faces" so if you like that, you'll like the other 2.

egri 12-29-2018 06:15 PM

I’ll throw out two:

Twelve O’clock High, with Gregory Peck.

American Sniper. A prior SEAL chief I went through OCS with had been a sniper and knew Chris Kyle; he really liked the movie.

pawpawdiv9 12-31-2018 12:43 PM

Wanna see some dope sh&t? Watch Harold & Kumar’s Christmas.
I swear I don't know who makes this, but it be 1 1/2 hrs you wont get back.
FYI, rated MA for adults. Sorry kiddos

tedzan 12-31-2018 02:12 PM

Movies

Quote:

Originally Posted by egri (Post 1840558)
I’ll throw out two:

Twelve O’clock High, with Gregory Peck.

American Sniper. A prior SEAL chief I went through OCS with had been a sniper and knew Chris Kyle; he really liked the movie.

Twelve O’clock High with Gregory Peck, Gary Merrill, and Dean Jagger (Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor).

Thanks for mentioning this movie. It brings back fond memories, I saw it when I was 10 years old when it was in the theatres. I thought when I grow up I will join the Army-Air Corps.
And sure enough, I served in the Air Force 1960-1964.

And, thank you Scott for your service.

TED Z

T206 Reference

egri 01-01-2019 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedzan (Post 1841121)
Twelve O’clock High with Gregory Peck, Gary Merrill, and Dean Jagger (Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor).

Thanks for mentioning this movie. It brings back fond memories, I saw it when I was 10 years old when it was in the theatres. I thought when I grow up I will join the Army-Air Corps.
And sure enough, I served in the Air Force 1960-1964.

And, thank you Scott for your service.

TED Z

T206 Reference

Thank you Ted, and thanks for yours.

Bigdaddy 01-02-2019 10:36 PM

Watched it tonight, can't say that I'd recommend. Left me wanting more - maybe that is the Netflix plan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagewhitesox (Post 1840170)
Anyone see Birdbox yet on Netflix?

Ive gotten mixed reviews about it. People either love it or hate it. I hope to watch it this weekend.

vintagewhitesox 01-03-2019 09:13 AM

I watched it on new years. It was just ok, but I had the same feeling, wanting more.

Nice to see the doctor from ER was able to find work in the medical field after the apocalypse

buymycards 01-04-2019 11:42 AM

Bird Box

My wife and I watched it last night. We liked it. There are a lot of unanswered questions, so I'm guessing their will be a sequel or a series coming up.

BTW, I went running through the woods this morning while blindfolded. It didn't go well.:eek: