Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NYC Dinner Thread (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=255477)

Leon 06-14-2018 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVSNYC (Post 1786579)
Actually, I thought Leon picked up that one.

Wonka got that one.

And yes, the same "Bruces" who threatened to sue himself. Still the funniest thread ever on our board, imo, though Adrian is close.

MVSNYC 06-14-2018 11:48 PM

Michael, you have a higher res pic? I think Charlotte took a good pic, too.

Fun time. Great conversation, and great burger too!

Cmount76 06-15-2018 03:21 AM

[QUOTE=MVSNYC;1786829]Michael, you have a higher res pic? I think Charlotte took a good pic, too.

Yeah. Unfortunately, I had to shrink it down this small in order to get it to fit.

barrysloate 06-15-2018 03:27 AM

Good morning Michael. There is probably a way to make the photo larger, but I have no idea how. Somebody else could tell you.

And I'm grateful everyone had a good time. For me to put a dinner party together is almost inconceivable, and yet it happened, and it was a success.

barrysloate 06-15-2018 03:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go guys. Starting far left and going clockwise:

Keith T, Ted Z, Pete U, Steve H (in hiding), Carl P, Yours truly, Michael S, Hoboken Jon, Judson H, and Michael "Broadleaf 460" S.

ullmandds 06-15-2018 05:04 AM

It was great to see everyone last night...i'm glad I was able to attend the ny dinner as a "guest"

KingFisk 06-15-2018 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1786779)
Carl- great meeting you too, and we still owe you $10 change. You left a few minutes too soon.
!
Fantastic evening, even if it was a little too loud in the restaurant. Great seeing old friends, and meeting Michael and Jenni, Carl,Jon, and Pete for the first time. It was a great group and we'll have to do it again soon.

And a little later Jenni is going to post a picture to prove we really did get together. Thanks to everyone!

Ah, I need that $10 to help pay off my new acquisitions! :) PayPal works for me, let me know. If not, we can hold as a credit until next dinner.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tedzan 06-18-2018 06:05 PM

NYC Dinner

Hi Barry and Judy

Thank you for organizing a great get together last Thursday nite. Charlotte and I don't get into NYC much anymore. So, this was a real treat.
The weather was perfect, and we checked-out some of the NY attractions during our 2-day stay.

I have scaled down setting-up at BB card shows, so it was nice talkin' BB and BB cards with old friends......Keith, Jon, Judson, Michael, Peter,
Steve, and of course you.

Plus meeting Carl and Mike and his lovely wife Jenni.

I've been in this hobby for over 40 years. It is now 35 years since you and I first met, Barry. We certainly love our little pieces of cardboard,
but the greatest love that any of us can have are all the friends that this hobby has brought us.

TED Z

T206 Reference

barrysloate 06-19-2018 07:10 AM

Absolutely Ted, we enjoyed seeing you and Charlotte and meeting new board members too. As you know I can be a bit socially awkward, and that would be an understatement, so the fact I put this dinner together is about as out of character for me as I could imagine. It it was a good experience however, although I will pass off the reins to someone else next time.