Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Announcement: New YouTube Channel... TSOG ! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=332078)

perezfan 02-23-2023 11:39 PM

Announcement: New YouTube Channel... TSOG !

I know what you're thinking.... What the heck is TSOG?

It's short for "The Stuff Of Greatness"... A brand new YouTube Channel that focuses on vintage Baseball Cards and rare Memorabilia. My friend Bart and I have been working on this concept for nearly 2 years, and it has finally come to fruition! The goal is to share some of my favorite (and rarest) pieces, and to draw new collectors into this wonderful hobby.

Each week, we will be adding a couple of new videos to the YouTube Channel. There are only 5 videos posted to date, but if you subscribe, you'll be notified as the new videos are added. Be sure to check in periodically, as we intend to add new videos each week for at least the next couple of years!

Here is a link to the YouTube Channel...

https://www.youtube.com/@tsogreatness

We are keeping the videos brief (about 2 minutes long, on average), so we don't monopolize your time. Please let me know what you think as it continues to evolve, and feel free to let me know what types of items you'd like to see featured. The date range of potential items is huge.... everything from the Civil War era through the 1970s.

Lastly, below is a link to the TSOG web page...

https://www.thestuffofgreatness.com/

I really appreciate the support of this great forum, and hope you will enjoy the content. Please let me know what you think, and many thanks for your consideration!

Mark

mrreality68 02-24-2023 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 2317614)
I know what you're thinking.... What the heck is TSOG?

It's short for "The Stuff Of Greatness"... A brand new YouTube Channel that focuses on vintage Baseball Cards and rare Memorabilia. My friend Bart and I have been working on this concept for nearly 2 years, and it has finally come to fruition! The goal is to share some of my favorite (and rarest) pieces, and to draw new collectors into this wonderful hobby.

Each week, we will be adding a couple of new videos to the YouTube Channel. There are only 5 videos posted to date, but if you subscribe, you'll be notified as the new videos are added. Be sure to check in periodically, as we intend to add new videos each week for at least the next couple of years!

Here is a link to the YouTube Channel...

https://www.youtube.com/@tsogreatness

We are keeping the videos brief (about 2 minutes long, on average), so we don't monopolize your time. Please let me know what you think as it continues to evolve, and feel free to let me know what types of items you'd like to see featured. The date range of potential items is huge.... everything from the Civil War era through the 1970s.

Lastly, below is a link to the TSOG web page...

https://www.thestuffofgreatness.com/

I really appreciate the support of this great forum, and hope you will enjoy the content. Please let me know what you think, and many thanks for your consideration!

Mark

WOW Looking forward to it.
Your collection/museum looks amazing

Lordstan 02-24-2023 06:36 AM

Very nice Mark.
The videos are very professional looking while also coming across relatable to hardcore and causal fans alike.
Good luck with your endeavor.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

slidekellyslide 02-24-2023 06:53 AM

Very nicely done. High quality production. I like the narrator’s voice in the trailer, he sounds a lot like Liev Schreiber.

sayheykid54 02-24-2023 07:30 AM

Incredibly well-produced videos. Impressive collection:) Look forward to your future content.

ooo-ribay 02-24-2023 08:27 AM

Can’t wait for your pennant overview. :drool:

todeen 02-24-2023 08:56 AM

I know we all value Mark's expertise on pennants. But he is also a Reds collector, and I have valued his opinion on more than one occasion when I've been snooping around for memorabilia. Very excited for more videos to come out.

MK 02-24-2023 10:18 AM

This is great news! Looking foreword to all the videos.

Forever Young 02-24-2023 10:45 AM

Very well done! It is Direct yet light.. educational yet fun :). It is a very professional and high quality feel. Love the *ching with dollar amount similar to antique roadshow/pawn stars etc. I really enjoyed these. 2 min each was a idea.Thanks for sharing and the very best of luck.

Ps: I also LOVE the entire “museum” and “art” theme. That’s what many collectors envision their collections to be.

Bumpus Jones 02-24-2023 11:19 AM

First Class all the way! Looking forward to seeing what turns up next!

GoCubsGo32 02-24-2023 11:35 AM

Great job Mark!! Looking forward to it!

bocca001 02-24-2023 01:02 PM

Really cool, Mark. Looking forward to more videos.

guy3050 02-24-2023 03:21 PM

Very much looking forward seeing more of your videos.nice Expos batting helmet

eastonfalcon19 02-24-2023 03:37 PM

This is a great...thank you for sharing, can't wait to watch.

gonefishin 02-24-2023 03:38 PM

Super - looking forward to the future.

BobC 02-24-2023 04:02 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing something about some of those baseball related tabletop games I saw in that pilot video. You rarely see anyone talk or show anything about items like that. Great stuff!

BobC 02-24-2023 04:08 PM

UKCardGuy 02-24-2023 04:13 PM

Great stuff Mark. I've subscribed and looking forward to more videos.

thetahat 02-24-2023 04:59 PM

Mark this is very cool. I know nothing about things that aren’t felt and triangular but look forward to learning about the rest of your amazing collection!

perezfan 02-24-2023 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobC (Post 2317843)
I'm looking forward to seeing something about some of those baseball related tabletop games I saw in that pilot video. You rarely see anyone talk or show anything about items like that. Great stuff!

Many thanks to Jeff, Mark, Dan, James, Rob, Tim, Mike, Ben, Chris, Gary, Marc, Guy, Ron, Bob, Gary and Greg for watching. Sorry, Gonefishin... I love your moniker, but don't know your name. ;)

Really appreciate all of your support and all of the subscriptions. There is a ton more to come...

Bob:
I love your idea about the Arcade Games! They all still work, and seeing the games in action will make for an awesome video. Some require mad skills. We have a lot of episodes "in the can" that will air soon, but have not yet filmed any of the arcade games. We will do so very soon, as "Producer Bart" has agreed they'll make for a great segment. Please stay tuned!

Guy:
Glad you made note of the Expos Helmet. That is actually Tony Perez' Game-worn Helmet, circa 1977-79. Lots of great usage on that one. If you want to see some closer images, just shoot me a PM. I don't have a ton of Expos stuff, but this a favorite.

Ben:
Thanks for noticing all those nuances. Producer Bart is a consummate professional, and really knows his stuff. You wouldn't believe the lighting set-up that is required to eliminate reflection and make it look professional. He will be thrilled you noticed!

Greg:
Don't fret... the next segment will feature a couple of ancient oversized pennants.

Thanks again to all... more to follow soon!

BobC 02-24-2023 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 2317907)
Many thanks to Jeff, Mark, Dan, James, Rob, Tim, Mike, Ben, Chris, Gary, Marc, Guy, Ron, Bob, Gary and Greg for watching. Sorry, Gonefishin... I love your moniker, but don't know your name. ;)

Really appreciate all of your support and all of the subscriptions. There is a ton more to come...

Bob:
I love your idea about the Arcade Games! They all still work, and seeing the games in action will make for an awesome video. Some require mad skills. We have a lot of episodes "in the can" that will air soon, but have not yet filmed any of the arcade games. We will do so very soon, as "Producer Bart" has agreed they'll make for a great segment. Please stay tuned!

Guy:
Glad you made note of the Expos Helmet. That is actually Tony Perez' Game-worn Helmet, circa 1977-79. Lots of great usage on that one. If you want to see some closer images, just shoot me a PM. I don't have a ton of Expos stuff, but this a favorite.

Ben:
Thanks for noticing all those nuances. Producer Bart is a consummate professional, and really knows his stuff. You wouldn't believe the lighting set-up that is required to eliminate reflection and make it look professional. He will be thrilled you noticed!

Greg:
Don't fret... the next segment will feature a couple of ancient oversized pennants.

Thanks again to all... more to follow soon!

Sounds great Mark. I was especially interested when I saw those as I have a modest collection of baseball related board and other games, as well as cards. I also have a similar tabletop arcade game, Marvel's Pop-Up, that looks somewhat similar to the ones I saw on your video. Coin operated and great graphics and all. From the 30s or 40s I believe, made of wood mostly. You definitely don't see those kind of tabletop arcade games every day.

Now all you need is an Exhibit card distribution machine, and a gumball dispensing machine that also distributes baseball cards. LOL

Scott Garner 02-25-2023 07:17 AM

Tsog

Hi Mark,
TSOG is AWESOME and really well done! :cool:
Your collection is truly amazing & I can't wait to view more episodes.
Congrats on the launch of TSOG.

Bill Rayburn 02-25-2023 07:30 AM

Hey Mark...Wow, this is great! Thanks for sharing your collection and knowledge. I will definitely be watching.

Phil Arem 02-25-2023 08:00 AM

Videos

Mark. You are a natural!
Best of luck!!!
Phil

71buc 02-25-2023 07:10 PM

Great job Mark most enjoyable!

Duluth Eskimo 02-25-2023 09:46 PM

Nicely done Mark

mr2686 02-26-2023 05:08 AM

Great Youtube channel Mark! I've been spending more time over there lately, and it's a great visual medium for collectors. I only hope my videos can someday be as good as yours. Looking forward to your future videos.

murphusa 02-27-2023 12:45 PM

Simply Great

GaryPassamonte 02-27-2023 01:40 PM

This is great to see! I look forward to all your future additions.

seattlerainiers 02-27-2023 07:41 PM

Kudos

So well done, Mark. I’ve subscribed, and look forward to all of your stories and the spectacular eye-candy from your collection.

Dave

Kzoo 02-28-2023 06:34 AM

Love it!

Just subscribed yesterday, Mark. My wife even expressed interest and started asking follow-up questions on a couple items.

With future episodes and your collection, topics could be endless....but if you ever run out of ideas and are taking 'requests', Net54 is here to help!

vintagesportscollector 02-28-2023 07:45 AM

Thanks!

I am enjoying the videos a lot. Very well made. Thanks for sharing Mark!
Best,
Joe

Fuddjcal 03-01-2023 11:33 AM

sick Mark...Very nice job. I'll be watching!!!!Subscribed

Stuke1976 03-01-2023 03:45 PM

New YouTube channel

Hi Mark, Gave you a sub.

Looks great!

tazdmb 03-01-2023 04:19 PM

Subscribed! I have a YT channel as well focusing just on baseball autographs and always enjoy watching this stuff. Looks very nice.

todeen 03-01-2023 04:37 PM

PM me your channel please.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk

perezfan 03-01-2023 06:29 PM

Same here Frank. Sounds cool... eager to see it! :)

perezfan 03-01-2023 06:38 PM

Additionally, I want to thank Scott, Bill, Phil, Mike, Jason, Mike, Jim, Gary, Dave, Matt, Joe, Chuck, Scott and Frank for the input, kind comments and subs.

It is very much appreciated and I hope you are enjoying the content. Tons more to come, and we will shake it up a little bit as we progress with this. A really cool item is being featured on Friday under a slightly different format.

Thanks again for tuning in!

ooo-ribay 03-21-2023 04:46 PM

Really enjoyed your latest on trade stimulators!

perezfan 03-21-2023 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 2325564)
Really enjoyed your latest on trade stimulators!

Thanks Rob!

Bob C had asked us to do a video on them, so we did. Hopefully Bob and the other forum members will enjoy it as well. Here's a link to that video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i-veL0zFTI

Shoeless Moe 03-29-2023 08:48 PM

Mark, just started watching your videos, you did a GREAT job!......and have some AMAZING items! Keep the videos coming.

perezfan 03-30-2023 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe (Post 2328043)
Mark, just started watching your videos, you did a GREAT job!......and have some AMAZING items! Keep the videos coming.

Thank you Paul!

They'll definitely keep coming... Just the tip of the iceberg so far.

Another new one should air tomorrow (Friday) morning. But your guess is as good as mine as to what it will be. My buddy Bart is the keeper of the schedule. Regardless.... many thanks for your support!

japack12 04-02-2023 10:20 AM

These videos are great sir! Fantastic job! I’ve watched em all so far and subscribed

perezfan 04-02-2023 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japack12 (Post 2328983)
These videos are great sir! Fantastic job! I’ve watched em all so far and subscribed

Thanks so much... really appreciate the support!

We definitely keep them short and sweet. So watching them is never a major time commitment. I've been watching more videos on YouTube since we started this, and so many are long and laborious to the point of extreme boredom. Seems like everyone is doing a half-hour long "card reveal" as they get their submissions back from the TPGs.

So this is a completely different animal, focusing almost exclusively on vintage memorabilia. We may "break schedule" and film a Jackie Robinson related segment next weekend (to air in conjunction with Jackie Day on April 15). It's a super tight timeline for Bart to shoot, edit and refine the video, but we'll likely give it our best shot. Should be a good one...

Please stay tuned and thanks again!

Jay Wolt 04-02-2023 04:32 PM

Mark very informative & a pleasure to watch, great job

thetahat 04-02-2023 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 2329034)
Thanks so much... really appreciate the support!

We definitely keep them short and sweet. So watching them is never a major time commitment. I've been watching more videos on YouTube since we started this, and so many are long and laborious to the point of extreme boredom. Seems like everyone is doing a half-hour long "card reveal" as they get their submissions back from the TPGs.

So this is a completely different animal, focusing almost exclusively on vintage memorabilia. We may "break schedule" and film a Jackie Robinson related segment next weekend (to air in conjunction with Jackie Day on April 15). It's a super tight timeline for Bart to shoot, edit and refine the video, but we'll likely give it our best shot. Should be a good one...

Please stay tuned and thanks again!

Mark this is the best thing on video since The Benny Hill Show. Keep ‘em coming!

perezfan 04-02-2023 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetahat (Post 2329089)
Mark this is the best thing on video since The Benny Hill Show. Keep ‘em coming!

Well hopefully it's a bit better than this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqxm-u8T2bc

thetahat 04-03-2023 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 2329113)
Well hopefully it's a bit better than this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqxm-u8T2bc

Fantastic!

guy3050 04-14-2023 09:25 AM

Really enjoying all the video's, just watch the Jackie Robinson one, Congrats

Stupe the Second Sacker 04-14-2023 01:00 PM

Great stuff Sir.