Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My experience with LOTG (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=249878)

T205 GB 01-09-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1737050)
Seller received cleared payment 12/10 and has been sitting on them for a month now. Yeah, maybe just a titch more patience. Clearly he should have waited two months. :rolleyes:

Whether you agree with the OP's methods or not, it worked. Period. I really don't think he would have received his cards if not for this thread.

That's not a knock against Al, I truly believe it was an honest mistake. But the squeaking wheel gets the grease.

You gotta be ignorant. He wouldn't have got the cards if not for being outed and and drug through the mud publicly but it's not a knock against Al. Your a tool dude!

doug.goodman 01-09-2018 03:15 PM

I would think that this thread shows that Al is "one of the good ones".

And Frank get's a thumbs up in my book, too.

If I had been the OP, I would change the title of the thread to :

"My sad happy experience with LOTG"

vintagetoppsguy 01-09-2018 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T205 GB (Post 1737056)
You gotta be ignorant. He wouldn't have got the cards if not for being outed and and drug through the mud publicly but it's not a knock against Al. Your a tool dude!

LOL! I'm ignorant? Aren't you the one who for years now has been talking about some secretive computerized card grading technology? You're so full of crap and everybody knows it. So, when can we expect to see this new technology? Don't tell me, it's a secret, right? :rolleyes:

Neal 01-09-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T205 GB (Post 1737010)
Your wrong IMO. The OP has been made aware of what happened and as per Al there is a check mailed correct? Just because the OP has not received his check yet he came here and started to state his case that had actually been settled already but was impatient and didn't make any more calls or anything. I don't care if Al or Jesus himself admitted fault. I 110% believe that the OP should be liable for what he posted about LOTG. Plus not a single one of us knows whether or not the person that got the cards has actually received it yet anyway. Come on guys stop splitting hairs here.

As far as me and the slander or liable.... well I JDGAF. I am not going to hold my opinion back for someones feelings. Anyone that has ever met me knows this. Some people are just to sensitive. The issue here is I am practicing my "1st amendment rights". Just like burning a flag in the streets is legal and blocking off a major highway is also apparently. Just ask BLM supporters and Millennials.

libel? or held liable .....

Neal 01-09-2018 03:31 PM

A few things ....

1) I'd be upset if I did not receive the cards
2) I would have called Al - a reasonable, completely professional guy

that said, I find it humorous that the OP is getting ripped a new one. Undeserving imo

carry on

OriolesHOF 01-09-2018 03:34 PM

Approximately 380 more posts to surpass the infamous T206 Ty Cobb Red Background Lenox back thread!

packs 01-09-2018 03:38 PM

The OP told a story that was confirmed by the person the story was about. You have to tell a lie to defame someone.

Yoda 01-09-2018 03:59 PM

I consider Al to be scrupulously honest, trustworthy in all regards, and a good personal friend. And wouldn't it be nice if the card in question is returned to Al and the original deal successfully completed.

Yoda 01-09-2018 04:08 PM

I should have read prior posts and delighted cards have been found. Now can we all shake hands and be friends.

1952boyntoncollector 01-09-2018 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampsfan (Post 1737031)
A few things cross my mind in reading this.

3. I don't think either party is a dick, but it is possible that two parties have a different expectation of what is reasonable. And that's OK. Right now we are gutting our kitchen, and I am having an issue with the cabinet guys to the tune of $500 (which is not much given the $12,000 worth of cabinets we are putting in). Neither of us are being dicks, but we are not agreeing as to the proper resolution.

5. People, if you're gonna post legal opinions on a situation, learn the difference between "liable" and "libel". Otherwise you look like the doofus.

You do realize cabinets are just boxes........baseball cards are just card board....now if baseball cards were cardboard boxes we would be on to something..