Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   T (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=253180)

PiratesWS1979 03-29-2018 04:43 PM

T

I

Peter_Spaeth 03-29-2018 04:52 PM

Art thou certain? The auction listing sayeth Little Rock, Arkansas.

bnorth 03-29-2018 04:55 PM

According to a few people I know Daniel(Candiman) is/was Battlefield and War Eagle also. It was never his mother, father, or sister like has been reported on here.

Peter_Spaeth 03-29-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1762471)
According to a few people I know Daniel(Candiman) is/was Battlefield and War Eagle also. It was never his mother, father, or sister like has been reported on here.

Interesting. You should post this on the Candiman thread if you have not already.

bnorth 03-29-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1762469)

Location listed on a eBay account really means nothing. I know people with several accounts that are listed from all over the US. I would think the PP information is what really counts.:)

Peter_Spaeth 03-29-2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1762476)
Location listed on a eBay account really means nothing. I know people with several accounts that are listed from all over the US. I would think the PP information is what really counts.:)

Indeed. I was just humorously calling attention to the misrepresentation. Rhetorical question.

PiratesWS1979 03-29-2018 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1762469)

My bad..."Second incarnation of Candiman auctions"

horzverti 03-29-2018 06:38 PM

...oh no.

cardsnstuff 03-29-2018 06:46 PM

Interesting; just noticed they do not accept paypal. I wonder why?

Jenx34 03-29-2018 06:48 PM

Uses the same Auctiva software that both Battlefield and War_Eagle_Vintage used also

Jenx34 03-29-2018 06:56 PM

Just to clarify.... Those listings don't list PayPal as a payment option. How did they pay?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiratesWS1979 (Post 1762466)
I won a card on eBay and when I checked PP the business was Candiman Inc, Dothan, AL w/ eBay ID: sipeemend1

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sipeemend1/...p2047675.l2562

CANDIMAN INC,DOTHAN,AL,
Authorization
Loading transaction details for
CANDIMAN INC,DOTHAN,AL,
Authorization

Paid with
PayPal balance

Seller info
CANDIMAN INC,DOTHAN,AL,

bobbyw8469 03-29-2018 07:07 PM

I'm the worst at detecting trims. But if this card is NOT miscut/trimmed, I would be shocked...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reggie-Jack...oAAOSwIrpatwJS

PiratesWS1979 03-29-2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenx34 (Post 1762519)
Just to clarify.... Those listings don't list PayPal as a payment option. How did they pay?

It still shows pending with this note:

This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will
cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when
CANDIMAN INC,DOTHAN,AL, completes your order.

Batpig 03-29-2018 07:33 PM

Just when I thought the Battlefield saga was dying out...and yeah, the Reggie is below min size at best.

JollyElm 03-29-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1762524)
I'm the worst at detecting trims. But if this card is NOT miscut/trimmed, I would be shocked...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reggie-Jack...oAAOSwIrpatwJS

Yeah, especially the lower right corner. It angles inward, making the card no longer a rectangle. Somebody did some slicing.

irv 03-29-2018 07:42 PM

I bid on this card the other night but felt uncomfortable.

Free shipping on some, or promotional, as they say, and free returns on others?

The price is low for this card, imo, but I am glad I didn't win it now, especially now. Others may have felt the same way as I did?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Milton-Stoc...vip=true&rt=nc

cardsnstuff 03-30-2018 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenx34 (Post 1762519)

good point. here is clip from their auction.

Quote:

Payment
I can accept all major credit & debit cards through secure eBay checkout. I do not accept PayPal.

slidekellyslide 03-30-2018 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1762471)

This I believe....look at the lady's facebook page and tell me if you get a seedy baseball card dealer vibe. Pretty sure this kid threw his folks under the bus for whatever reason.

And what do they have against back scans? Is there a baseball card collector in the world who doesn't care what the back of the card looks like?

frankbmd 03-30-2018 06:50 AM

For those of you who were fortunate enough to participate in the “inaugural” Candiman Auction, it appears that you may have participated in the “only” Candiman Auction.

The upcoming auction schedule has been deleted from the website as well as just about everything else.

Anyone who is surprised by turn of events should consider investing in a different hobby in my opinion.;)

bnorth 03-30-2018 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1762598)
For those of you who were fortunate enough to participate in the “inaugural” Candiman Auction, it appears that you may have participated in the “only” Candiman Auction.

The upcoming auction schedule has been deleted from the website as well as just about everything else.

Anyone who is surprised by turn of events should consider investing in a different hobby in my opinion.;)

From the vicious rumor I heard he could not pay for his new purchases to have the auction. His check is still bouncing like a rubber ball.

bbcardzman 03-30-2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsnstuff (Post 1762517)
Interesting; just noticed they do not accept paypal. I wonder why?

Because PayPal will refund your money right away, no matter what the seller says and eBay will make you wait forever to get anything back. eBay protects their sellers, no matter how crooked they are and paypal protects the buyer.

Peter_Spaeth 03-30-2018 07:44 AM

Surely the brothers will be back to reassure us that all is well.

cardsnstuff 03-30-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1762611)

or to tell us now there grandfather was cleaning out his house and they found a massive high end vintage collection, and they despise PSA and other TPG and they prefer to cater to the raw collector and leave money on the table.

murphy8276 03-30-2018 08:33 AM

I still think Battlefield has had many other accounts. I've watched a few between 1-2 years depending on which account. Because I couldn't prove it was him or that the guy was doing nefarious altering/pic changes/etc, I haven't mentioned it myself in detail. He likely is doing the same shtick of buying authentic cards and popping them out of holders though based on my experiences even if he isn't battlefield persay. I am sure a few sleuths could prove it beyond a doubt that this is the same guy or one of his other "relatives" lol. Meet his other auction house and his "Uncle"... https://www.ebay.com/sch/great_lakes...p2047675.l2562 Uncle Bill - https://www.ebay.com/sch/Baseball-Ca...ills_treasures

I bought 4 cards about 2 years ago from Great Lakes Auction House and 3 of 4 came back altered. To be fair, one graded pretty decently, but I tend to think it got past the graders' "trimmed" radar and now I will forever have to hold onto it because of that.

NYYFan63 03-30-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphy8276 (Post 1762631)
I still think Battlefield has had many other accounts. I've watched a few between 1-2 years depending on which account. Because I couldn't prove it was him or that the guy was doing nefarious altering/pic changes/etc, I haven't mentioned it myself in detail. He likely is doing the same shtick of buying authentic cards and popping them out of holders though based on my experiences even if he isn't battlefield persay. I am sure a few sleuths could prove it beyond a doubt that this is the same guy or one of his other "relatives" lol. Meet his other auction house and his "Uncle"... https://www.ebay.com/sch/great_lakes...p2047675.l2562 Uncle Bill - https://www.ebay.com/sch/Baseball-Ca...ills_treasures

I bought 4 cards about 2 years ago from Great Lakes Auction House and 3 of 4 came back altered. To be fair, one graded pretty decently, but I tend to think it got past the graders' "trimmed" radar and now I will forever have to hold onto it because of that.

I would like to hear what others have to say about this. I have purchased quite a few cards from Great Lakes and have not had any issues. I do think he buys slabbed cards, cracks them and sells raw. I have read that in another thread on this board.

He does state that the cards are unaltered and authentic. Not sure when you had purchased from him in the past. Maybe he did sell altered cards in the past.

murphy8276 03-30-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYYFan63 (Post 1762635)
I would like to hear what others have to say about this. I have purchased quite a few cards from Great Lakes and have not had any issues. I do think he buys slabbed cards, cracks them and sells raw. I have read that in another thread on this board.

He does state that the cards are unaltered and authentic. Not sure when you had purchased from him in the past. Maybe he did sell altered cards in the past.

It was about two years ago. One was altered stock and two were altered trimmed. PSA has been wrong before, but considering the alteration possibility and the way the cards are sold, I would lean to PSA's opinion. Without proof not much can be done but I tend to think his authentic unaltered claim works as stated to ensure a buyer doesn't consider the potential alterations while bidding. Unless they are in a rush to grade them its possible they miss a chance of return altogether--as is my case. With PSA's crazy delays now, it is even more likely battlefield, candiman auctions or others won't be forced to pay up within a deadline unless using paypal return and not ebay if you can.

Rhotchkiss 03-30-2018 09:40 AM

Don’t buy ungraded/unslabbed cards online. Or if you do, don’t complain when they come back altered. Seems pretty simple to me - if you play with fire, don’t complain when you get burned

ALR-bishop 03-30-2018 10:04 AM

I do, and I won't. On the other hand neither will I get them graded. :)

CandimanAuctions 03-30-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1762600)
From the vicious rumor I heard he could not pay for his new purchases to have the auction. His check is still bouncing like a rubber ball.

Wow Ben! You guys and your conspiracy theories is literally laughable. I'm not sure who you heard this "vicious" rumor from but I'm pretty sure we've never met before and you know nothing about us, our personal lives, or our finances. This comment is a joke.

Our April 2018 auction will be open for preview on April 7th. Check out the website next Saturday. Lots of great items.

Daniel

CandimanAuctions 03-30-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1762598)

Frank,

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about:

candimanauctions.com

Click on the above link and you will clearly see the upcoming auction schedule and other than the featured items not being posted yet for the upcoming auction, EVERYTHING is on the website as before. The auction preview for our April auction (which will run from April 14-28) will be posted on April 7.

Daniel

CandimanAuctions 03-30-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1762611)

Peter,

We haven't gone anywhere. Our April 2018 auction will be open for preview April 7th (next Saturday) and the auction will run from April 14 -28.

We don't have time to get on here all day and debate with you guys about things that have already been discussed at length. We have been extremely busy getting orders from the March auction shipped and working on getting the April auction done. We've told our story and that's all we can do. If you want to read it again I suggest going back to the original thread we posted.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=252144

Daniel

Yoda 03-30-2018 10:38 AM

I have to wonder if anyone who won a raw card in the inaugural Candiman auction, submitted it to a TPG and now has it back, cares to confess. What happened?

bobbyw8469 03-30-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1762688)
I have to wonder if anyone who won a raw card in the inaugural Candiman auction, submitted it to a TPG and now has it back, cares to confess. What happened?

No way someone got their cards back that fast. Unless they sent to SGC.

Peter_Spaeth 03-30-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphy8276 (Post 1762631)

Pretty sure Great Lakes is not Battlefield.

cardsnstuff 03-30-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandimanAuctions (Post 1762681)
Peter,

We haven't gone anywhere. Our April 2018 auction will be open for preview April 7th (next Saturday) and the auction will run from April 14 -28.

We don't have time to get on here all day and debate with you guys about things that have already been discussed at length. We have been extremely busy getting orders from the March auction shipped and working on getting the April auction done. We've told our story and that's all we can do. If you want to read it again I suggest going back to the original thread we posted.

Daniel

Daniel; if you care to respond

One thing that bothers me is you don't use TPG; why not? For example the 1954 Aaron you have pictured or the 52 Robinson from March Auction. Aren't you doing your cosigners a dis-service, by not maximizing the potential sale price; and aren't your allowing your buyers to have doubt with regards to the authenticity of such cards. Perhaps, I am naive, but I don't understand why any auction house would not grade cards that clearly "exhibit" the look and the value that they should be, especially considering it would be in the consignor's best interest to do so.

If timing, is the answer as many have pointed out SGC & or BGS can meet your demands. So can PSA you may just need to pay up for speedier service, and wouldn't the consignor bear that cost anyway?

Peter_Spaeth 03-30-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1762693)
No way someone got their cards back that fast. Unless they sent to SGC.

They wouldn't even be logged in yet. :D

Peter_Spaeth 03-30-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandimanAuctions (Post 1762681)
Peter,

Daniel

So a simple question that you neatly avoided, is this ebay account in Little Rock that doesn't take paypal yours or not?

bnorth 03-30-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandimanAuctions (Post 1762678)
Wow Ben! You guys and your conspiracy theories is literally laughable. I'm not sure who you heard this "vicious" rumor from but I'm pretty sure we've never met before and you know nothing about us, our personal lives, or our finances. This comment is a joke.

Our April 2018 auction will be open for preview on April 7th. Check out the website next Saturday. Lots of great items.

Daniel

So are you saying that the cards being sold by eBay IDs battlefield and War Eagle are not the same exact cards that got sent to YOUR address? Was your Mom using YOUR address?

Also are you saying YOU did not recently win several thousand $ worth of cards and not pay for them?

I heard the other side so now lets hear yours.

NYYFan63 03-30-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1762717)
Pretty sure Great Lakes is not Battlefield.

I agree with Peter. Great Lakes owned by someone with a different name.

frankbmd 03-30-2018 02:10 PM

Simple question

Were there more battlefields in the Civil War or on eBay selling cardboard?

botn 03-30-2018 04:15 PM

Great Lakes is not affiliated in anyway with the Battles clan however both have the same basic business model. Great Lakes is the DePatie brothers and they have 4 or 5 buying IDs on ebay.

slidekellyslide 03-30-2018 05:26 PM

LOL. Jumps in to say he’s not broke and has an auction coming up in April. Completely ignores the elephant in the room.

Peter_Spaeth 03-30-2018 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1762831)
LOL. Jumps in to say he’s not broke and has an auction coming up in April. Completely ignores the elephant in the room.

It's an art form, appearing responsive when you aren't.

NYYFan63 03-30-2018 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botn (Post 1762809)
Great Lakes is not affiliated in anyway with the Battles clan however both have the same basic business model. Great Lakes is the DePatie brothers and they have 4 or 5 buying IDs on ebay.

Interesting note on their buying ID’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

botn 03-30-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1762831)

You guys need to send Daniel an invoice for his March and April "banner ad".

Jenx34 03-30-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1762740)
So are you saying that the cards being sold by eBay IDs battlefield and War Eagle are not the same exact cards that got sent to YOUR address? Was your Mom using YOUR address?

Also are you saying YOU did not recently win several thousand $ worth of cards and not pay for them?

We may be getting info from the same source, but I was just told the same thing directly from someone who didn't get paid. Paid with an e-check that bounced. Wonder if the previous issues keep them from using PayPal at all?? And the buying Ebay ID was different than any I've seen on here. Yet the buyer was Battles from Dothan, AL.

Jenx34 03-30-2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandimanAuctions (Post 1762678)

Daniel

So you are saying you or someone in your clan didn't bounce at least one e-check on at least one large ebay purchase? If you say no, then I know you are f*cking lying!

Peter_Spaeth 03-30-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1762740)

I am sure Ben is reporting what he was told accurately. It would be nice if one person who sold cards to Daniel that in turn were sold by Battlefield would rise above their self-interest and come forward.

slidekellyslide 03-30-2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botn (Post 1762846)
You guys need to send Daniel an invoice for his March and April "banner ad".

Does it even matter? Some of the people here would bid if Charles Manson was selling a card they “need”. Nobody in this business is punished until the FBI shows up.

frankbmd 03-30-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandimanAuctions (Post 1762680)
Frank,

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about:

candimanauctions.com

Click on the above link and you will clearly see the upcoming auction schedule and other than the featured items not being posted yet for the upcoming auction, EVERYTHING is on the website as before. The auction preview for our April auction (which will run from April 14-28) will be posted on April 7.

Daniel

After the post above the web site shows a second auction which was to begin on March 24 and to close on April 7. No preview, no catalog, no rules, nada, nada, nada. I guess the second auction was cancelled and we have moved on to the third auction, but the dates you just stated for your April auction are not on the web site. If the second auction is currently in progress, I apologize, and offer a bid of $23 on lot #13. If you would be so kind as to tell me what I have bid on, I would appreciate it.