Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Most desired T206 cards? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=62931)

Archive 01-08-2003 12:44 PM

Most desired T206 cards?

Posted By: <b>Mike&nbsp; </b><p>I'm not a big T206 collector so I was wondering what the top 10 most desired T206 cards were. Also, just how rare is the Plank( approx. how many exsist?). Thanks.

Archive 01-08-2003 01:06 PM

Most desired T206 cards?

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>1. Burns with glove on wrong hand<BR>2. Shaughnessy - freaky monster look<BR>3. Mullin horizontal - both eyes are prosthetics<BR>4. Freeman - actually Babe Ruth as a chubby 12 yr old<BR>5. Titus - only t206 mustache card<BR>6. Huggins - only "turkey call" card<BR>7. Kisinger - about to spike ball after touchdown<BR>8. McGraw pointing - index finger added, middle finger removed<BR>9. McQuillan throwing - only t206 featuring golf ball<BR>10. Pattee - prototype for first "Florida" postcard

Archive 01-08-2003 01:27 PM

Most desired T206 cards?

Posted By: <b>John(z28jd)</b><p>Scott and i often disagree but not this time,hes dead on with this one BUT some people might say the following:The rare cards are usually most desired including: honus wagner,plank,magie,doyle, o'hara and demmitt st louis cards along with rare backs like drum uzit,broadleaf 460,ty cobb advertisement,lenoxthen the top hall of famers: cobb all 4 poses,cy young 3 poses,walter johnson 2 poses,mathewson 3 poses,speaker and lajoie 3 poses etc down the lineerror cards(that covers alot) and color variations are also popular along with the 2 blacksox players and not quite as rare but still tough cards(elberfield,wash port,browne wash,smih chicago and boston,lundgren chicago,klienow boston).....plank i would say theres probably about 75-100 somewhere in that range

Archive 01-08-2003 03:55 PM

Most desired T206 cards?

Posted By: <b>Brian H.</b><p>Jennings performing rain dance after Tigers takes lead in the fifth; and Cravath batting with cap over eyes.

Archive 01-08-2003 04:12 PM

Most desired T206 cards?

Posted By: <b>john(z28jd)</b><p>since you guys refuse to be serious i will too.How about the Murphy horizontal wheres he throwing nothing,looks like they forgot to put the ball on the card. Also the O'leary hands on knees where he looks like he about to take a.....eh,nevermind,just the Murphy one for now<br><br>this is my signature

Archive 01-08-2003 06:30 PM

Most desired T206 cards?

Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p>This is my personal list:<BR>1. Wagner<BR>2. Plank<BR>3. Cobb (Cobb back)<BR>4. Doyle<BR>5. Magie<BR>6. O'Hara<BR>7. Demmitt<BR>8. Cobb Green <BR>9. Sweeney no B<BR>10. Elberfeld Wash Port<BR><BR>I would say 100-150 Planks exist, I'm just sorry I don't have one. I'll just admire Julie's. be well brian <BR>