Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Favorite Artist - Show example(s) (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=132816)

jerrys 01-31-2011 09:32 PM

Favorite Artist - Show example(s)

2 Attachment(s)
Jackson Pollack: (Images much reduced)

1. Key

2. Stenographic

thekingofclout 01-31-2011 11:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Boy. That's a great topic jerrys and a really tough choice. I'm leaning towards Winslow Homer. Especially his watercolors. Just amazing...

The Red Canoe. 1889
Attachment 32427

Rowing Home. 1890
Attachment 32430

nebboy 02-01-2011 08:13 AM

Great subject

2 Attachment(s)
for painter - Georges Braque
for scalpter - Jacques Lipchitz

((I also love Pollacks early work - nice pick!)))

ChiefBenderForever 02-01-2011 01:22 PM

a few favorites

Magritte
Dali
Albrecht Durer
Hieronymus Bosch
Pieter Bruegel
Duccio
Giotto
Warhol
Thomas Cole
George Catlin
John Singleton Copley
Jasper Johns
Manet
Thomas Hart Benton
and many many many more

But as far as Jackass Pollack he is garbage. In the world of sports he wouldn't have made it past little league with the crap he produced, the man had no talent unless drinking a fifth in 5 minutes counts.

D. Bergin 02-01-2011 02:04 PM

I guess I tend towards the more traditional and accessible artists:

Frederic Remington
George Bellows
Michelangelo
Rembrandt
Norman Rockwell
MC Escher

I'll be the first to admit "I don't get it", when it comes to primitive abstract artists like Van Gogh, Basquiat and Jackson Pollock.

Even Andy Warhol, who was obviously quite talented but seemed to dumb down his work to fit a particular movement and championed what seemed to me, many untalented artists and a very frustrating modern art movement that rewarded abstract definitions of a piece of art, over the actual art itself.

ChiefBenderForever 02-01-2011 05:48 PM

Van Gogh could be considered somewhat abstract but was a post-Impressionist who was clinically insane with unbelieveable work. When compared to anything else ever done he was beyond original and so deep with colors and paint thickness when you look closely at his paintings you can feel the madness burning inside him and it is unreal work.
Warhol was not that talented, but understood what a fraud modern art was. On a road trip across the country high on a mix of herion, coke, pills, lsd, and anything else he could get his hands on he had sort of a modern day vision quest staring at all the billboards flying by on the highway. It was in this trance state he realized that with the invention of the camera, and then tv the use for artists was nothing more than making the advertisments he was being bombarded with one after another, and everything had become a comercial. With no need for traditional artists modern art became more philosophy than skill, and who you knew was more important than what you could do. It was then he said art is advertisments and began his printing of dollar bills and soup cans ect ect. He even took the American spirit a step further in not even making his prints but having all his assistants do all the work while he shot up more herion and filmed Dennis Hopper and had the Velvet Underground play at the Factory. So in a nutshell most modern art=fraud, or philosophy at best with people like Jackass Pollack and Robert Rauschenberg at the top of the fraud chain, another natural progression in the spirit of consumerism and technology!

Vol 02-02-2011 09:55 PM

Van Gogh

1 Attachment(s)
My favorite artist- Van Gogh

teetwoohsix 02-05-2011 02:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Roy Hampton

teetwoohsix 02-05-2011 02:49 PM

And.......

1 Attachment(s)
My younger brother..........