Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Football Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   eBay Chicle Auction (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=186636)

TanksAndSpartans 04-19-2014 07:05 AM

eBay Chicle Auction

Looks like a PSA set break - grades seem to be 3 and under - let me know if you don't see it. The Masterson tempted me, but I wasn't that happy with the condition.

tuckr1 04-22-2014 09:49 AM

Chicles

Seen that, going for the isola, ernie smith, and hinkle

Hope they don't go to outrageous

Still looking for Nags in $1500 range too is anyone sees one or has one

Let me know

Thanks Tucker

TanksAndSpartans 04-23-2014 10:06 AM

Hi Tucker, I'm glad you saw this - I was going to pm you if you didn't.

Definitely post back if you win any - I'll do the same.

I'm keeping an eye on high numbers..... We'll see.

T2069bk 04-23-2014 11:27 AM

I have seen them as well....

BUT do they seem to be WAY over graded? I have really low bids on 1 or 2 but the ones I want have issues that don't even seem to justify the grade - especially because I intend to cross them to SGC.

tuckr1 04-23-2014 11:52 AM

I agree

I agree that some are over graded, and I plan on crossing them to SGC as well, don't think they will cross that good??

Quote:

Originally Posted by T2069bk (Post 1268373)
BUT do they seem to be WAY over graded? I have really low bids on 1 or 2 but the ones I want have issues that don't even seem to justify the grade - especially because I intend to cross them to SGC.

TanksAndSpartans 04-23-2014 12:16 PM

I suspect the seller intentionally posted really small images. That's why my excitement ran out pretty quickly. From what I can squint to see, they look pretty beat up. The Kostka doesn't look too bad and not surprisingly it was already bid up pretty high.

The Chicles are a tough thing - I see 3s that are beautiful to me and I see 6s that have toning and speckles etc. Sometimes I think cards get graded on centering and corners and the rest is just ignored.

T2069bk 04-23-2014 12:43 PM

I want the edwards

Phantom of the opera variation

tuckr1 04-23-2014 01:36 PM

Lol

Thats funny, how the heck does that get a 2????

Quote:

Originally Posted by T2069bk (Post 1268411)
Phantom of the opera variation

TanksAndSpartans 04-23-2014 09:26 PM

I didn't win anything. Tucker, how about you? 3 cards closer to the Chicle set?

tuckr1 04-24-2014 07:34 AM

Down to 4!!

I scored the Hinkle, probably over paid but it seems the Hinkles just keep going up for some reason!!?? I felt the others went a little to high for the condition of the cards. Anyone else do any good

TanksAndSpartans 04-25-2014 02:56 PM

Congrats on the Hinkle!

Well.... There is another round. I get the strategy - start with the cards with the players faces torn off, then in five or six more weeks we'll start seeing auctions for 7s and 8s!

jefferyepayne 04-25-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DezHood (Post 1269088)
Congrats on the Hinkle!

Well.... There is another round. I get the strategy - start with the cards with the players faces torn off, then in five or six more weeks we'll start seeing auctions for 7s and 8s!

+1

In baseball this is called climbing the ladder on a hitter. Stay focused and on point with your valuations and don't get caught up in the frenzy.

jeff

TanksAndSpartans 06-28-2014 09:50 PM

I just picked up a Battles in PSA 4. It looked nice to me - hopefully it's fine in person - the condition of most of the collection was... well - usually on the low end for the grade. But it was definitely a lot of cards for a single seller and a lot of high numbers (a Tosi and a Masterson both PSA 3). I was told this was the last Chicle for sale. In terms of my set, if all goes well, this would bring me down to 14 needed.

tuckr1 06-30-2014 07:34 AM

nice

Nice job on the Battles, good luck on your set! I have my Nagurski coming soon and now I am down to the Ernie Smith!!!! Granted my collection is not a high grade and most high numbers are mostly SGC 10s -30s, but what an awesome set to collect

Good Luck on your 14

Tucker

TanksAndSpartans 06-30-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuckr1 (Post 1292807)
Nice job on the Battles, good luck on your set! I have my Nagurski coming soon and now I am down to the Ernie Smith!!!! Granted my collection is not a high grade and most high numbers are mostly SGC 10s -30s, but what an awesome set to collect

Good Luck on your 14

Tucker

Thanks Tucker. I was just thinking of you when I saw this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:B:SS:US:1123. You got a Nagurski on the way? Hope you can post an image once you get it.

tuckr1 06-30-2014 01:03 PM

I seen that too

I will definitely show pics once I receive the Nags!!! Big shout out to MSB Sportscards and John for helping me out on this transaction! I saw those other 2 and glad I don't have to choose, between the SGC 20 or the pSA 1, love the front of the 1, but the back is a mess?? Think I would go with the SGC but the SGC 20 I am getting in my opinion presents much nicer then the one in those pics. Good luck with your set and I will keep an eye for you, once again anybody got a Ernie Smith for sale!!!! Let me know

Thanks Tucer

pawpawdiv9 06-30-2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuckr1 (Post 1292907)
I will definitely show pics once I receive the Nags!!! Big shout out to MSB Sportscards and John for helping me out on this transaction! I saw those other 2 and glad I don't have to choose, between the SGC 20 or the pSA 1, love the front of the 1, but the back is a mess?? Think I would go with the SGC but the SGC 20 I am getting in my opinion presents much nicer then the one in those pics. Good luck with your set and I will keep an eye for you, once again anybody got a Ernie Smith for sale!!!! Let me know

Thanks Tucer

Nice..i been looking for a low end Nag..I wonder about the seller, since they have not done business since 2011??? peoplewhoknowme1 (491)
Especially when they already sold a 4 a while back, and now has 2 more??

jefferyepayne 06-30-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuckr1 (Post 1292907)

Thanks Tucer

Congrats, Tucker! Glad you tracked one down. You're almost there.

jeff

tuckr1 07-01-2014 07:21 AM

Thanks Jeff

Thanks Jeff, you track down that Ernie Smith for me yet?? LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by jefferyepayne (Post 1292998)
Congrats, Tucker! Glad you tracked one down. You're almost there.

jeff

TanksAndSpartans 07-01-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 1292912)
Nice..i been looking for a low end Nag..I wonder about the seller, since they have not done business since 2011??? peoplewhoknowme1 (491)
Especially when they already sold a 4 a while back, and now has 2 more??

I'm a pretty skeptical buyer and there were some red flags here including the loooong write up - "..I have 2 Nagurski cards, only selling 1, blah blah". But, nothing bothered me that much. I would take a shot dealing with this seller at least until he tried to take me outside eBay, then no.

jefferyepayne 07-01-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuckr1 (Post 1293110)
Thanks Jeff, you track down that Ernie Smith for me yet?? LOL

I did but you didn't buy it, remember? ;)

jeff

tuckr1 07-02-2014 07:22 AM

Ernie Smith??

I don't remember the Ernie, thought it was isola??

Well If you come across one or have a lower grade for sale

Let me know

Thanks Tucker

Quote:

Originally Posted by jefferyepayne (Post 1293318)
I did but you didn't buy it, remember? ;)

jeff

TanksAndSpartans 07-02-2014 08:38 AM

I missed on Jeff's Ernie too - it was a really nice PSA 4.

tuckr1 07-02-2014 09:54 AM

Darnit!@!

PSA 4 might have been over my price range at that time?? Sounds like a beauty!!!

Darnit

Quote:

Originally Posted by DezHood (Post 1293440)
I missed on Jeff's Ernie too - it was a really nice PSA 4.