Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Paul O’Neill Ruth Ball (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=287365)

yanks12025 08-11-2020 06:52 PM

Paul O’Neill Ruth Ball

1 Attachment(s)
During tonight’s Yankees game, Paul O’Neill showed off his Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth signed baseball. Couldn’t get a photo of the Aaron, but here’s one of the Ruth.

Georj 08-12-2020 05:16 AM

Is that an authentic Ruth signature? The "R" in Ruth doesn't look right.

keithsky 08-12-2020 05:58 AM

I thought the same thing to that it doesn't look real.

yanks12025 08-12-2020 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georj (Post 2007809)
Is that an authentic Ruth signature? The "R" in Ruth doesn't look right.

Also thought it looked weird but I don’t really know autos that much.

packs 08-12-2020 10:13 AM

If you go to Yankee Stadium there is a type of relic room where they have all these signed baseballs on display. I looked at maybe 5 of them and could instantly tell they were fake.

Just because you have the money doesn't mean you know how to spend it.

tazdmb 08-12-2020 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 2007876)
If you go to Yankee Stadium there is a type of relic room where they have all these signed baseballs on display. I looked at maybe 5 of them and could instantly tell they were fake.

It is their museum, they claim to have an autograph of every player to ever put on the uniform. The Red Sox have something similar, displaying a signed display ball of every winning HOF team, back to 1903. Some very questionable autographs there as well.

packs 08-12-2020 03:47 PM

I remember seeing baseballs from Yankees throughout totally different eras and thinking the baseballs all looked like they were signed with the same pen.

Shoelessseb 08-12-2020 04:21 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 2007876)

I went to that little museum last year. I would have liked to spend more time but the game was about to start and it was so crowded... I had time to take few pictures of old signed baseballs. Just for fun, do you think they’re real or not ?

I also attached a picture of a Babe Ruth jersey/bat that were on display

packs 08-13-2020 10:25 AM

It helps to see the balls in person as they're arranged. I can't tell from those pictures. I just remember seeing several balls signed across totally different eras that appeared to use the same pen.

I went into a "hobby shop" in SF once while I was still there and saw the guy had a George Custer autograph sitting next to a Jimi Hendrix autograph that were both clearly signed with the same pen.