Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone received consignment checks from H&S May auction? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=256548)

whiteymet 06-21-2018 11:40 AM

Anyone received consignment checks from H&S May auction?

Hi Gang:

Has anyone received their consignment check from the May 11 Huggins and Scott auction?

They say payment will be made APPROXIMATELY (my caps) 15 business days (M-F) following the payment of ALL ( their caps) of the memorabilia by the buyer(s)

By my count we are now at day 29 or almost double the time frame they mention.

Am I the only one who has not received payment?

Wonder if their statement of payment will be made after ALL payments are received means ALL the lots in the auction or just my lots? It would seem strange to with hold payment to everyone because one or two guys do not pay their invoices.

Anyone have history with this?

Any one received their checks?

oldjudge 06-21-2018 01:44 PM

You need to switch to Brockelman. Scott mails consignment checks less than two weeks after the auction closes.

hcv123 06-21-2018 08:15 PM

I got mine

Whoops - my comment was related to another auction company - NOT H&S - Sorry Huggins and Scott!

calvindog 06-21-2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteymet (Post 1788573)
Hi Gang:

Has anyone received their consignment check from the May 11 Huggins and Scott auction?

They say payment will be made APPROXIMATELY (my caps) 15 business days (M-F) following the payment of ALL ( their caps) of the memorabilia by the buyer(s)

By my count we are now at day 29 or almost double the time frame they mention.

Am I the only one who has not received payment?

Wonder if their statement of payment will be made after ALL payments are received means ALL the lots in the auction or just my lots? It would seem strange to with hold payment to everyone because one or two guys do not pay their invoices.

Anyone have history with this?

Any one received their checks?

Too many better auction houses to consign with than H & S; move onto the next one.

whiteymet 06-23-2018 09:17 PM

H&S

Dear fellow Net54 members. My post asking if anyone had received their consignment checks from Huggins and Scott came to the attention of the auction house.

I received a pleasant phone call from Bill Huggins saying he was sorry that I felt I had been let down by his company. I explained to him that in no way was that my intention or thoughts. Rather I was just curious if others had received their check because I had not in what I felt was a timely manner.

Bill explained/answered one of my questions. It seems a few of my items had not been paid for yet, which is the reason I had not been paid.

Come on guys! If you bid on something get your payments out with in 15 days. Is that too much to ask? I think not.

I have been very satisfied in all my dealings both as a buyer and seller with H&S for many years and in no way meant to besmirch the company. In fact the opposite is true.

The fact that Bill took the time to call me personally and explain the situation goes a long way in my eyes to show what a good company they are. I look forward to working with them for many years.

Fred

Leon 06-24-2018 07:12 AM

Bill and team are good people. I have made the decision, recently, to do more business with good people instead of some others. I have always done well buying and consigning in the H and S auctions. (of course they are an advertiser, but regardless, the job they did for me was good). I also enjoy hanging out with Bill and team at the Nationals.....Lots of fun to go around!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteymet (Post 1789324)
Dear fellow Net54 members. My post asking if anyone had received their consignment checks from Huggins and Scott came to the attention of the auction house.

I received a pleasant phone call from Bill Huggins saying he was sorry that I felt I had been let down by his company. I explained to him that in no way was that my intention or thoughts. Rather I was just curious if others had received their check because I had not in what I felt was a timely manner.

Bill explained/answered one of my questions. It seems a few of my items had not been paid for yet, which is the reason I had not been paid.

Come on guys! If you bid on something get your payments out with in 15 days. Is that too much to ask? I think not.

I have been very satisfied in all my dealings both as a buyer and seller with H&S for many years and in no way meant to besmirch the company. In fact the opposite is true.

The fact that Bill took the time to call me personally and explain the situation goes a long way in my eyes to show what a good company they are. I look forward to working with them for many years.

Fred