Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Some important info re Paypal (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=75500)

Archive 12-11-2004 01:46 PM

Some important info re Paypal

Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>We talk a lot about what Paypal does and does not do for gypped buyers. <br /><br />As long as the seller sends you something, even if it is a fake or nonconforming something, Paypal offers you no protection. As Paypal itself says:<br /><br />"PayPal's Buyer Complaint Process helps protect PayPal members if a merchant does not deliver goods paid for. If a complaint involves a buyer who receives "not as described goods", the buyer can use an online-trackable shipping service if the goods are returned to the seller." <br /><br />"Please be aware that not-as-described claims are not covered under this Buyer Complaint Policy. Therefore, using an online-trackable shipping service may help in resolving the problem with the seller. We also encourage claims to be filed with us as the buyer feels necessary for not as described merchandise."<br /><br />I filed a complaint about the fake OJ cards and received the following response:<br /><br />"Thank you for filing a buyer complaint. Unfortunately, this complaint has been closed because it does not meet PayPal's complaint policy guidelines. However, your complaint has been noted in the record of the PayPal member whom you reported."<br /><br />So, my take on Paypal transactions is as follows:<br /><br />1. Only use a credit card to buy through Paypal.<br /><br />2. Always use a tracked shipment to sell through Paypal because you can send anything and Paypal will not do a thing as long as you can prove the package was delivered. <br /><br />

Archive 12-11-2004 02:56 PM

Posted By: <b>Judge Dred</b><p>This is the beauty of paypal if you are a dishonest person. It can be a pal to those that know how to abuse the system. <br /><br />It's really sad but true. You can receive an empty package and as long as it was tracked it still constitutes a shipment of goods. And as stated above, paypal will not do anything about it. Also note that even if you pay with a credit card you may still have problems because paypal is supposed to be the mediator in the credit card claims (unless something has changed recently).

Archive 12-11-2004 03:18 PM

Posted By: <b>Josh A.</b><p>Even if Paypal won't protect the Buyer, can't an injured person file a report with the FBI, or the US Attorney's office in your jurisdiction, because doesn't this constitute mail fraud, a federal crime? <br />

Archive 12-12-2004 10:11 AM

Posted By: <b>marty</b><p>What can a credit card company do if you have enough funds in you account and your credit card is not debited?

Archive 12-12-2004 12:05 PM

Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>to pay with a credit card that you have on file. this way it does not come out of your paypal acct. or bank account but is a regular credit card purchase.

Archive 12-13-2004 09:06 AM

Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>If you have funds in your paypal account, they will take it from there first no matter what you specify. Keep your account empty and ALWAYS use a mastercard or visa, these will protect you against the scum utility paypal. Adam is correct, I could sell a car and ship a brick and it is not fraud according to paypal and ebay. Remember, DISCOVER will NOT protect you! They allow you to be ripped off. <br><br>I posted about the fake Ripken card I received. I returned it with signature confirmation and the thief signed for it. Now he has my money and the card and paypal and ebay both say it isn't fraud. My MC bailed me out and reversed payment. Then I got a nastygram from paypal stating I should have used their protection. What a joke! I tried but they do not protect!! Please visit website www.paypalsucks.com

Archive 12-15-2004 10:05 AM

Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>Most scumbag cheater sellers will not incur the trouble of creating a trackable shipment record. Under Paypal's regime, you could theoretically receive the package of fake, untracked cards, claim it was never received, and file a claim with Paypal. Since the seller would have no record of your receiving it, Paypal would slam him. All hypothetically, of course...just conversation...I would always recommend that you tell the truth...