Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Jose Bautista painting from our 3rd raffle... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=222334)

baseball tourist 05-15-2016 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yanks12025 (Post 1539574)
That is so great to see. Jose deserves that 100% for all the dirty stuff he does.

I think you need to watch the man play. I've seen more than a few games and he doesn't play dirty. That slide today was harder than it might have been if he wasn't just hit it the ribs with a 96 MPH 4-seamer but it wasn't dirty.

baseball tourist 05-15-2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenavarro (Post 1539657)
Go Rougned!! Made many of us down here in Texas smile today. Good job.

He connected allright! Jose commented on that in is post game interview! It was a sucker punch in my opinion.

baseball tourist 05-15-2016 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey (Post 1539669)
Everything is bigger in Texas, including the sour grapes. It boils down to their feelings getting hurt because a dude jacked an iconic home run of them. Deal with it.

I've got no problem with that slide either. Especially after Bautista got a high fastball into the ribs. Then the whining Rangers get all offended when a rotund Fielder takes a ball to his thigh. Gibbons diagnosed the situation perfectly. Gutless.

Dodger fan here. No dog in this fight. But I sure like the painting even more now.

I agree.

baseball tourist 05-15-2016 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7nohitter (Post 1539593)
Chris and Graig,

Thank you for including us on the 'journey!' I love seeing Graig's work from beginning to finish.

Oh, since I did contribute $40 do you think one of the fans in the back could have a Red Sox hat on? :D

Andrew, I really appreciate the support Sir, but I don't think I can do it. Red Sox and Yankee hats make me queasy ;). Can't wait to finally get to Fenway though. Been on my bucket list for ever!

thenavarro 05-15-2016 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baseball tourist (Post 1539703)
He connected allright! Jose commented on that in is post game interview! It was a sucker punch in my opinion.

Congrats on winning the contest, can't wait to see your painting in the end.

Mike

baseball tourist 05-15-2016 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenavarro (Post 1539736)
Congrats on winning the contest, can't wait to see your painting in the end.

Mike

Thanks Mike!

chaddurbin 05-16-2016 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey (Post 1539669)
Everything is bigger in Texas, including the sour grapes. It boils down to their feelings getting hurt because a dude jacked an iconic home run of them. Deal with it.

I've got no problem with that slide either. Especially after Bautista got a high fastball into the ribs. Then the whining Rangers get all offended when a rotund Fielder takes a ball to his thigh. Gibbons diagnosed the situation perfectly. Gutless.

Dodger fan here. No dog in this fight. But I sure like the painting even more now.

pretty much this. if you had this big a hard-on the whole offseason hit him the first chance you see him. don't wait until the last ab of the season and have a 30 yr alcoholic who wasn't even on the team last year do the dirty work for you.

T206Jim 05-16-2016 05:55 AM

Guys, let's return this thread to its original purpose as it has veered way off track. I have deleted my intended humorous post about the Rangers/Jays game yesterday and would request everyone else to do the same for theirs. After all, the painting and its development is a much more interesting topic than the merits of a baseball feud.

btcarfagno 05-16-2016 07:17 AM

I agree Jim. However, in some ways, what happened yesterday does make the subject of the painting even that much more interesting. I mean, what happens if these two teams meet again in the post season?

Also, I wanted a reason to post this in all its gloriousness.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...096x7lbsyd.gif

Now. Back to the painting.

Tom C

Bpm0014 05-16-2016 08:51 AM

For as hard as Odor hit him, to Bautista's credit, he didn't go down. And that punch landed as squarely as possible....