Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Lonzo Ball (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=245770)

1952boyntoncollector 10-05-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 1707533)
I guess I don't understand why he hasn't put his dad in check. I know your dad is your dad, but when you become an adult you should be able to understand what's happening around you. It's clear to anyone that his dad is living his life through his sons. When you're an adult there is a distance that a mature person would put between himself and his father. Maybe it's an issue with maturity.

There was a time Venus Williams and Serena Williams appeared to be totally controlled and there was greater power in tennis world for them versus the Balls...but they grew up and became independent...the maturity issue will solve itself

samosa4u 10-05-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1707410)
...and how is he going to keep his shoe business going now that all his potential east-coast customers got their sneakers on the cheap in Miami a few weeks ago?

Please tell me more about this.
Thanks

Touch'EmAll 10-05-2017 11:29 AM

D'Angelo Russell was a disappointment. The Lakers gave him the key to the team and a huge green light. He couldn't get it going.

Just cross fingers Lonzo Ball does markedly better. He has Magic Johnson, with vested interest, to help him along - a big plus.

Julius Randall can play. Verdict still out with Jordan Clarkson. It sure will be interesting and will be watching box scores diligently.

GO LAKERS !

packs 10-05-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1707551)
He's only 19 and in today's world that's still a kid. Plus this is an exceptionally dominant Dad.

His dad is definitely exceptional in that department. I think back to when I was 19 and that was probably the time in my life I listened to my parents the least. I'm just a little surprised a young superstar in the making isn't telling his dad to take a step back.

ALR-bishop 10-05-2017 01:29 PM

" When I was 14 years old my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years".... Mark Twain

packs 10-05-2017 01:34 PM

I would never speak for Mark Twain. When I was 19 I'd only been out of the house for 2 years at college. I probably talked to my parents once a semester.

drcy 10-05-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1707671)
" When I was 14 years old my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years".... Mark Twain

"I'm not young enough to know everything"-- Oscar Wilde

Peter_Spaeth 10-06-2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 1707676)
I would never speak for Mark Twain. When I was 19 I'd only been out of the house for 2 years at college. I probably talked to my parents once a semester.

Different world with no devices and long distance calls costing a sheetload, eh? My 28 year old daughter will text me a picture now asking if she is parked too far from the curb. Yeah different world.

CMIZ5290 10-06-2017 09:05 PM

This guy makes me sick to my stomach....Why does ESPN constantly show him? I dont get it...

CMIZ5290 10-06-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1707553)
There was a time Venus Williams and Serena Williams appeared to be totally controlled and there was greater power in tennis world for them versus the Balls...but they grew up and became independent...the maturity issue will solve itself

And you don't think their asshole Dad still doesn't control them? Man....Please....He is a piece of garbage....