Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   What are the best Mookie Betts,Xander Bogaerts and Jackie Bradley Jr rookie cards? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=223907)

MRSPORTSCARDCOLLECTOR 06-13-2016 10:43 AM

What are the best Mookie Betts,Xander Bogaerts and Jackie Bradley Jr rookie cards?

Hi,there.
I don`t know much about modern rookie cards.
I am just wondering what the best Mookie Betts,Xander Bogaerts and Jackie Bradley Jr rookie cards are?
My 9 year old son and I are big Red Sox fans.
I was looking to surprise my son with his birthday and Christmas coming up with the rookie cards.
I am looking for them for which ones would be the best ones to get for him that might have a chance to go up in value.
I know the common rookie cards are not valuable,and I guess I would be interested in the refactors for him?
You know something I could get certified and hold on to for him.
Thanks in advance. I am clueless about modern cards,but would like to learn.

Rookiemonster 06-13-2016 11:37 AM

Well the kids nowadays love there bowman chrome autographed rookies. It's usually the players first card. It comes in all colors . There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for actual rookie cards anymore. I consider these cards prospects because in some cases the card was issued years before the player ever makes
A pro deput or even gets in a uniform.

Jackie Bradley 2012 bowman chrome auto . He has a few autograph cards before this and I don't think his rookie was until 2013 .

Mookie betts 2014 bowman chrome . This seems more like a true rookie to me . There is no other autograph card before this . That I could find at least.

Bogarts is also 2012 bowman chrome . He also has some before and his rookie looks like 2014 . I hope this helped ! From a big Yankees fan 😜.

MRSPORTSCARDCOLLECTOR 06-13-2016 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookiemonster (Post 1550126)
Well the kids nowadays love there bowman chrome autographed rookies. It's usually the players first card. It comes in all colors . There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for actual rookie cards anymore. I consider these cards prospects because in some cases the card was issued years before the player ever makes
A pro deput or even gets in a uniform.

Jackie Bradley 2012 bowman chrome auto . He has a few autograph cards before this and I don't think his rookie was until 2013 .

Mookie betts 2014 bowman chrome . This seems more like a true rookie to me . There is no other autograph card before this . That I could find at least.

Bogarts is also 2012 bowman chrome . He also has some before and his rookie looks like 2014 . I hope this helped ! From a big Yankees fan ��.

Thanks so much.

Rookiemonster 06-13-2016 02:58 PM

Awesome good hunting !

chaddurbin 06-13-2016 06:33 PM

if you are buying now, you are buying them at the absolute peak! unless bogaerts go on to hit .400 or bradley has a 58 game hitting streak, wait until the offseason.

MRSPORTSCARDCOLLECTOR 06-14-2016 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaddurbin (Post 1550275)
if you are buying now, you are buying them at the absolute peak! unless bogaerts go on to hit .400 or bradley has a 58 game hitting streak, wait until the offseason.

Thanks for the tip!

7nohitter 06-14-2016 05:03 PM

Is this Jose Tiejro?

Is this Jose????????

MRSPORTSCARDCOLLECTOR 06-15-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7nohitter (Post 1550675)
Is this Jose????????

No.

the 'stache 06-17-2016 07:10 PM

More than kids love them. I collect them, as well. I have about 200 Bowman Chrome prospect autos, maybe a bit more.

And Bogaerts is nowhere near his peak price. There's a Bowman Chrome refractor auto of his, BGS 9.5/10, for $280 on EBay right now. It's expensive, sure, but it has a lot of upside potential. I haven't looked at the others yet. But Bogaerts has real room for growth. There are ungraded base autos with not a lot of bidding activity. Find one that meets your needs, and you can still get a good deal if you are lucky.

Waiting for the offseason will allow you to get slightly lower prices unless he has a torrid second half. Then, you might not see these prices again.

Rookiemonster 06-17-2016 08:21 PM

Hahah bill I know it's for one and all. I just know the modern is lot of younger collectors . The younger collectors will more likly define the modern era. They will also collect a bit longer then me.

MRSPORTSCARDCOLLECTOR 07-11-2016 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaddurbin (Post 1550275)

I guess buying them right now is the peak, as all three are starting the 2016 All-Star Game!
:)

ls7plus 08-10-2016 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BASEBALLCARDGURU (Post 1550105)
Hi,there.
I don`t know much about modern rookie cards.
I am just wondering what the best Mookie Betts,Xander Bogaerts and Jackie Bradley Jr rookie cards are?
My 9 year old son and I are big Red Sox fans.
I was looking to surprise my son with his birthday and Christmas coming up with the rookie cards.
I am looking for them for which ones would be the best ones to get for him that might have a chance to go up in value.
I know the common rookie cards are not valuable,and I guess I would be interested in the refactors for him?
You know something I could get certified and hold on to for him.
Thanks in advance. I am clueless about modern cards,but would like to learn.

From a monetary standpoint, the best ones are those that are bought once they enter into their mid to late '30's down slide--that way, the speculative and transient demand has dissipated, you know what the player's career impact has been, and if he beats the odds and has done very well, you will have a card that won't degenerate into a common. However, if you want to gamble on a present now, stick with the card with the lowest production you can afford.

Best of luck in your phenom prospecting,

Larry

MRSPORTSCARDCOLLECTOR 12-09-2018 05:27 PM

I am glad to see Mookie Betts was a good pick.
:)

ls7plus 12-17-2018 04:49 PM

A bit off topic, but when are the Red Sox going to finish game 4 of the LCS in Houston??? Alteuve's ball was clearly beyond the plane arising from the top of the fence in right and into the first (and possibly would have landed in the second) row. There is no such thing as fan interference with regard to a ball beyond the field of play. That homer would have resulted in an 8 to 8 tie after nine. While Betts and Cora babbled loudly about the fan closing Betts' glove, and indeed he did so BEYOND THE FIELD OF PLAY, so what? The fan had as much right to the ball as Betts did in the area of the stadium in which that occurred.

And no, I'm not a Red Sox hater. I was actually rooting for them and believe they would have beaten Houston anyway. The missed call on the Alteuve ball simply cheapened their World Series appearance and victory. Good thing the Yankees will relegate them to second place next year!

Well, this one should be controversial and add a little color,

Best wishes,

Larry

Marchillo 12-18-2018 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls7plus (Post 1837162)

I'm not a Red Sox hater.
cheapened their World Series appearance and victory.
Good thing the Yankees will relegate them to second place next year!

Best wishes,

Larry

If you don’t hate the Sox why is it a good thing they will be “relegated” to second place?

How did it cheapen their WS? No one I know feels that way and I live in the hotbed of Sox and Yankees fans. Yankees fans who like to discredit the Sox say how good this team was. The Sox fans really like this team. It’s hard not to.

Why is this coming up in the middle of December? Lol. It’s over. They dominated the playoffs and WS. Better luck to your team next year.

There was a phantom roughing the passer call against the 1976 NE Patriots that probably cost them a trip to the SB. Does this cheapen the Raiders SB victory? Never too late to discuss.

ls7plus 12-18-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marchillo (Post 1837294)
If you don’t hate the Sox why is it a good thing they will be “relegated” to second place?

How did it cheapen their WS? No one I know feels that way and I live in the hotbed of Sox and Yankees fans. Yankees fans who like to discredit the Sox say how good this team was. The Sox fans really like this team. It’s hard not to.

Why is this coming up in the middle of December? Lol. It’s over. They dominated the playoffs and WS. Better luck to your team next year.

There was a phantom roughing the passer call against the 1976 NE Patriots that probably cost them a trip to the SB. Does this cheapen the Raiders SB victory? Never too late to discuss.

See? I knew it would generate some controversy!

Best wishes,

Larry

Peter_Spaeth 12-18-2018 05:47 PM

I'm still pissed that Michigan lost the Rose Bowl when Charles White scored a "touchdown" despite fumbling at the 2 yard line.

ls7plus 12-20-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1837627)
I'm still pissed that Michigan lost the Rose Bowl when Charles White scored a "touchdown" despite fumbling at the 2 yard line.

There you go, Pete!

Best wishes,

Larry