Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   FREE "Net54 Spoken Here!" Booth Sign for The National!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=337468)

JollyElm 07-05-2023 02:20 PM

FREE "Net54 Spoken Here!" Booth Sign for The National!!

1 Attachment(s)
Using the word "Free" was just a Marketing 101 ploy to get eyes on this thread. I mean, it is FREE, but that has no bearing on anything. :D

Anyway...I created a sign for members to put up at their National booths (actually, you can use it at whatever show you want), so other members can easily zero in and perhaps do business (in other words, "drop dem Benjamins") with some of our own. Of course, money isn't everything, so the other function of the sign is to find guys you 'on-line know' to chat with (Crap! You should never end a sentence with with. With with?? Whoa!! This is getting weird...stay focused, Elms.).

Here's what it looks like (with an invented 'sample' member's name/ID). Leon okayed it, so it's ready to go...unless anyone has pertinent suggestions for necessary changes (the key word there is "necessary")?

Some basic facts:
• The final version will be posted here, so you would just download it and print it from home.
• If done correctly (printed with the 'origin across' and 'origin down' both at zero), it will have a one quarter of an inch white border around it. After printing, use a paper cutter to chop it at the 8" mark and you will have the proper 8.5" wide by 8" tall final version.
• For durability, simply use some rubber cement to mount it to cardboard.
• The "Name/Net54 ID" section will obviously be blank, so you would use a Sharpie or such to write whatever you want there.
NO FRICKIN' PROMISES!! I may be up for personalizing them (in other words, replacing the Barney Buggzie and “CobbSlobb28” - same font - with your info) for some of you guys, if I have enough time.

IMPORTANT:
Can someone out there download the sample and print it, to see if the sizing is working correctly?? I would appreciate it.

Attachment 578703

Question, comments, etc., welcome.

JollyElm 07-07-2023 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Below is the final 'blank' version for downloading and printing, so grab it up.

For those asking about a personalized version:
• PM me and type out EXACTLY what you want it to say in the "Name/Net54 ID:" box, because I'm only going to do a cut and paste job to replace the 'Barney Buggzie “CobbSlobb28”' verbiage (seen in the first post above). In other words, make it easy on me.
- You can have your full name, first name, nickname, no name, whatever you want in the 'Name' portion.
- You 'should' have your Net54 screenname displayed (it'll be encased in quote marks), but you can do whatever you want. Your booth, your choice. :D
- You can have just your name or just your screenname if you don't want to have both of them on this thing.

Attachment 579024

brianp-beme 07-07-2023 06:14 PM

Great idea. These would also make great t-shirts for those attending...attentive sellers that reside within our lair could beckon Net54'ers to their tables, and fellow t-shirt wearers could play Net54 'tag you're it' games while roaming the convention aisles.

Brian

Casey2296 07-07-2023 09:33 PM

Nice of you to offer this option Jolly.

JollyElm 07-08-2023 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, here's a possible T-Shirt version for those walking around The National.

• Obviously, I would have to clear it with Leon first.
• It would be through an on-line 'print as you go' t-shirt purveyor.
• I would have to find a way to do it so there's no mark-up. You'd just pay whatever the base cost to buy one is (read: no money in my pockets).
• I'd also have to find a printer that does it cheaply. Other two-sided baseball card shirts I created cost a lot. This one would be single-sided, so perhaps a decent price could be doable?

Would members be interested in this idea?
Please post your thoughts here.

(Not to size.)
Attachment 579154

brianp-beme 07-08-2023 06:15 PM

Nice offer for folks attending. I will have to pass as I will not be at the show, and thus if I were to wear it at home, I would just be talking to myself.

Brian

ValKehl 07-08-2023 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 2354274)
Nice offer for folks attending. I will have to pass as I will not be at the show, and thus if I were to wear it at home, I would just be talking to myself.Brian

Brian, don't you already do this much of the time? :D

brianp-beme 07-09-2023 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValKehl (Post 2354311)
Brian, don't you already do this much of the time? :D

Sometimes it seems like it Val. Or should I instead say...Brian?

Brian (echo...echo. Is it just me, or are the walls slowly closing in?)

JollyElm 07-18-2023 02:32 PM

Anyone else need a personalized version of the booth sign? Hit me up, because The Natty (not a fan of that expression) will be here quicker than Mike Trout gets injured (too soon?).

Fuddjcal 04-06-2024 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2353978)
Below is the final 'blank' version for downloading and printing, so grab it up.

For those asking about a personalized version:
• PM me and type out EXACTLY what you want it to say in the "Name/Net54 ID:" box, because I'm only going to do a cut and paste job to replace the 'Barney Buggzie “CobbSlobb28”' verbiage (seen in the first post above). In other words, make it easy on me.
- You can have your full name, first name, nickname, no name, whatever you want in the 'Name' portion.
- You 'should' have your Net54 screenname displayed (it'll be encased in quote marks), but you can do whatever you want. Your booth, your choice. :D
- You can have just your name or just your screenname if you don't want to have both of them on this thing.

Attachment 579024

Great idea!!! I'll be heading over to Stupidsville:D to buy some cards and I look forward to meeting ALL you kids!