Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Coaches Corner auctions comments (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=194074)

w7imel 09-16-2014 02:07 PM

Coaches Corner auctions comments

I have been on this site a few months and have see numorus posts reguarding " coaches corner" I thought it was just a term you had for like junk autographs. I didnt actually realize it was an actual auction house until today!!! I was blown away with the JUNK that has been sold there. Although I wish I had know about this site last auction, I missed out on a SS signed Joe Jackson ball for 100 and a christy mathewson SS signed ball for 214 bucks.....I will just have to wait till next auction I suppose. HAHAHA unreal

w7imel 09-16-2014 02:16 PM

Oh Im safe they have yet another Joe and Christy ball this auction, And the Joe Jackson ball is even enscribed "chicago white sox player" that shoul really increase the value. Unreal, How is this site allowed to operate?

thetruthisoutthere 09-16-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w7imel (Post 1322893)
Oh Im safe they have yet another Joe and Christy ball this auction, And the Joe Jackson ball is even enscribed "chicago white sox player" that shoul really increase the value. Unreal, How is this site allowed to operate?

Lee Trythall and Scott Malack have been selling forgeries for twenty years with the help of people like Chris Morales (incompetent, complicit or both?) and Ted Taylor (incompetent, complicit or both?).

They also advertised for over 15 years with Sports Collectors Digest.

w7imel 09-16-2014 06:24 PM

but why would SCD aloow them in their magizine? I guess it truely is all about money. Sad but true, I belive there is maybe 3 know joe jackson autograph examples that everyone agrees is real deal. How is it every coaches corner auction can come up with one? And it only sell for 100 bucks? Are these people that dumb? And surely the seller isnt that dumb to think he is is selling authentic stuff...how is this not criminal?

thetruthisoutthere 09-16-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w7imel (Post 1323067)
but why would SCD aloow them in their magizine? I guess it truely is all about money.

Money, money, money!!!!

w7imel 09-16-2014 07:18 PM

your right for sure, isnt that what it is ever about

thetruthisoutthere 09-16-2014 07:27 PM

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...lectors+digest

Bigdaddy 09-17-2014 07:11 PM

One of the reasons I quit subscribing to SCD

thetruthisoutthere 09-17-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdaddy (Post 1323660)
One of the reasons I quit subscribing to SCD

I actually gave them (SCD) another shot until I saw them allowing "CSC Collectibles (on Ebay's Banned COA List)" to advertise in their magazine.

That was it for me.

RichardSimon 09-18-2014 09:19 AM

You would think that the government could get hold of their books and see who their consignors are. That would end this lunacy.
They have had more autographs of the HOF toughies than all the dealers in the business combined. Just amazing that they keep getting away with this, month in and month out.

GoCubsGo32 09-18-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w7imel (Post 1322882)
I have been on this site a few months and have see numorus posts reguarding " coaches corner" I thought it was just a term you had for like junk autographs. I didnt actually realize it was an actual auction house until today!!! I was blown away with the JUNK that has been sold there. Although I wish I had know about this site last auction, I missed out on a SS signed Joe Jackson ball for 100 and a christy mathewson SS signed ball for 214 bucks.....I will just have to wait till next auction I suppose. HAHAHA unreal

I see you are interested in the Shoeless Joe Jackson on the SS. If you would like, they probably can get Shoeless Joe Jackson to make it out to,"Michael" if you wish. Oh wait? Shoeless Jackson is dead?! Oh man.well..don't worry...don't worry...I'm sure they'll be able to "find one" for you. Coaches Corner held a private signing with Shoeless Jackson before he passed. Just a shame Shoeless only would signed in black..:( Anyhow, just trying to help out! :p

w7imel 09-18-2014 02:13 PM

So they are the only company that Joe signed with? Great I will send them Email to see if they have one made out to Michael! Wait what am I thinking? Joe could barely write his own name....hahaha

RichardSimon 09-18-2014 04:20 PM

Joe's deal with CC was unique.
He signed 5000 balls with just his signature then another 5000 which were personalized to every name you could imagine, just so CC could fill any order that came in.

keithsky 09-18-2014 04:40 PM

It always amassed me that every so often you see a guy get busted for stealing or scamming sports stuff and it seems to be in the east area but Coachs Corner in PA just keeps plugging along after all these years. It's like the authorites just don't care. I thought after Operation Bullpen that CC would have been busted for sure but nothing. You would think at least one guy associated with CC would sqwell like a pig and rat these crooks out.

shelly 09-18-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1323885)
You would think that the government could get hold of their books and see who their consignors are. That would end this lunacy.
They have had more autographs of the HOF toughies than all the dealers in the business combined. Just amazing that they keep getting away with this, month in and month out.

Richard, if that happened we would have no place to go to have fun. It would not allow us to have a backlog of forgerys to look at. It would also not alow us to make fun of the FBI. Postal Inspectors and law enforcement in general. I would be really upset if they took down these honest guys that you can see a mile away.:rolleyes:

thetruthisoutthere 09-18-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1323885)

Thousands of forgeries every month and probably 4-6 consignors.

khkco4bls 09-19-2014 04:45 PM

SCD has turned out to be a rag

thetruthisoutthere 09-19-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khkco4bls (Post 1324606)

Their decision to accept a ton of money from Lee Trythall and Scott Malack for all of those years certainly had long-term consequences....

And deservedly so.........

SikSyko 09-19-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khkco4bls (Post 1324606)

After not picking up a copy in years I went to get one. Seeing that it was maybe 20 pages and was the same price when I was getting it before, I just walked out of the store leaving it on the shelf.