Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   the EAGLES are the team to beat in the NFC? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=119083)

dennis 12-29-2009 05:56 AM

the EAGLES are the team to beat in the NFC?

with the vikes and saints showing their flaws in the last month,the eagles have gone 6-0. there are 6 legitimate contenders in the NFC.they all have a great quarterback but the only team with a great coach is philadelphia, they are the team to beat.

GrayGhost 12-29-2009 07:28 AM

Right now, I think you may be right. Id worry a bit about the Saints still, and the Vikings, tho Favre is scary at times, especially in big games at this age. I hate to pick anyone out of NFC right now. Maybe Arizona can sneak in again under the radar?

Abravefan11 12-29-2009 07:38 AM

As much as I hate to say it (life long Skins fan) I think Dallas is the team to beat. They are playing great on both sides of the football. Romo and Austin are really clicking and their defense is great.

I think the winner of the game between the Eagles and Cowboys will be carrying huge momentum into the playoffs and I wouldn't want to face that team in the first round.

Robextend 12-29-2009 08:24 AM

I also think the NFC East is the toughest division even with the Giants tanking and the Skins having a tough year. I feel the Eagles or Cowboys are best prepared to have a great playoff run. I still do like the Saints, but the Vikings seem to have lost a lot of steam, and their defense is on the weaker side.

JasonL 12-29-2009 08:33 AM

I would say ...

It is amazing how different this last month of the season looks from the first half...
Top teams now include:
Cowboys
Eagles
Cardinals

Chargers
Patriots
Colts

drc 12-30-2009 01:00 PM

Good or bad, I always root for the Packers. It's just this time they're pretty good too. I won't claim they are the best (because they probably aren't), but they are 6-1 the last seven games and, despite ESPN's junior high infatuation with Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers has been the better quarterback since he became Green Bay's starter.

As far as ESPN goes, I think the phrase is, Get A Room.

barrysloate 12-30-2009 02:43 PM

Jets are the team to beat...Jets over New Orleans in the Super Bowl.;)

Robextend 12-30-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 771417)
Jets are the team to beat...Jets over New Orleans in the Super Bowl.;)

I will pray for that!! I will be there Sunday night with my Revis jersey on!!

barrysloate 12-30-2009 06:55 PM

Depending upon how the afternoon games go, Cincinnati may decide to rest some of their starters. If so, that would be two weeks in a row for the Jets. Has any team ever before benefited from such a strange quirk in the schedule?

Mikehealer 12-30-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drc (Post 771390)
Good or bad, I always root for the Packers. It's just this time they're pretty good too. I won't claim they are the best (because they probably aren't), but they are 6-1 the last seven games and, despite ESPN's junior high infatuation with Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers has been the better quarterback since he became Green Bay's starter.

As far as ESPN goes, I think the phrase is, Get A Room.

I couldn't agree more. I have to believe that every Packer fan has to be thrilled that there quarterback is Rodgers and not Favre.

ChiefBenderForever 12-31-2009 01:49 PM

The playoffs are shaping up to be some of the best games in awhile where anyone can take it all. I think the games will come down to one or two mistakes that cost a team the season. It's going to be very exciting !

HRBAKER 01-03-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennis (Post 771062)
with the vikes and saints showing their flaws in the last month,the eagles have gone 6-0. there are 6 legitimate contenders in the NFC.they all have a great quarterback but the only team with a great coach is philadelphia, they are the team to beat.

..........on second thought.

dennis 01-03-2010 05:05 PM

dallas and green bay look good now.

barrysloate 01-03-2010 05:12 PM

The Eagles are the team to beat, and today they were easy to beat. They didn't even make a showing.

ChiefBenderForever 01-03-2010 05:25 PM

Wow are the playoffs going to be good !! The team that looks the best right now is Packers, my most hated team but gotta give them credit. Saints and Indy lost the momentum, better wake up or get out the golf clubs.

Robextend 01-03-2010 10:49 PM

Just got back from the Jet game...no voice left, but wow!!!

They sure knew how to close out the stadium.....

sox1903wschamp 01-03-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robextend (Post 772382)
Just got back from the Jet game...no voice left, but wow!!!

They sure knew how to close out the stadium.....

Nice job by the J-E-T-S. Now we will see how they fare in 6 days in a hostile stadium against a team that actually will have a game plan for this one. Should be interesting.

barrysloate 01-04-2010 05:04 AM

If the Jets somehow get to play the Ravens, I believe there will be another game at Giants Stadium...interesting that in the first round three of the four games will be rematches from yesterday.

Robextend 01-04-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 772405)
If the Jets somehow get to play the Ravens, I believe there will be another game at Giants Stadium...interesting that in the first round three of the four games will be rematches from yesterday.

That is correct!! Of course that means we will both have to get through the Colts and Chargers, but anything is possible with our defense and our rushing game. Baltimore can be scary too.

barrysloate 01-04-2010 08:12 AM

Chargers might be the team to beat in the AFC.

JasonL 01-04-2010 09:27 AM

Go BEARS!

seriously, though...amazing how the NFL can make you so WRONG from week to week. I was on the Ealges bandwagon with everone else ahead of that drubbing yesterday.

We are at that time of year though, where I think every team is "that team no one wants to play"...they're all capable of something big.

Abravefan11 01-04-2010 10:19 AM

I'll stick with my statements on page 1 that Dallas is the team to beat. Their defense has back to back shutouts and yesterdays game was a huge confidence builder for Romo.

The big question for me will be how does Romo play under the pressure of the post season and in the shadow of his past performances. I think he'll be OK given how his is playing right now and that the Cowboys will be at home. But he's looked awful at times in the past for no reason or when the pressure is on, so who knows.

I just hope the three first week rematches will be better than this past weeks games.

Jim VB 01-04-2010 01:05 PM

Romo looks/plays as well as his offensive line allows. If he has time, he usually plays pretty well. If he's hurried, anything can happen.

Right now they're playing pretty well (except for the damn false start penalties. How the hell does the center false start?) Next Saturday could be a different story.

sox1903wschamp 01-04-2010 04:09 PM

The Dallas D is really impressing me. Tony may not have to do too much. I like Dallas in the NFC. In the AFC, I am a huge Patriot fan but not sure if they get by the Chargers (if they get by the Ravens). That is a huge game for SD and if they win that, I think they go all the way. SD/Dallas would be an interesting matchup although they did just play a few weeks back in D.