Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Basketball / Cricket / Tennis Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   MONSTER Bobby Orr Collection For SALE! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=243354)

jb217676 08-08-2017 09:21 AM

MONSTER Bobby Orr Collection For SALE!

16 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,
A good friend of mine outside of Toronto purchased a large collection of Bobby Orr cards & memorabilia, he's piecing the collection out for sale and asked me to let you guys know about it's availability. A HUGE amount of stuff (vintage & modern) is included in this collection.

If you see something you like, or would like to contact him directly about something you're looking for, send me a PM and I'll provide his email address.

Here's a copy of his original for sale post copied from the hockey forum:

"Yesterday I picked up Jerrey Potts collection of 30 years of collecting Bobby Orr, Jerrey unfortunately passed on at the age of 56 so his brother called me and asked me to buy the collection. Some highlights are a complete run of every Orr card & insert from 66 to 79 with a complete set of 66-67 Topps, over 50 Autographs from modern day packs including some jersey cards and hundreds of regular and very tough to find inserts. Over 500 books, 200 magazines, McFarlane's & Starting Line Up, Rally equipment, Food premiums, Team Issue, Pucks, Puzzles,Games, Mugs, Jerseys, Posters and tons of oddball stuff. Post Cereal Marble set with game board was also in the collection.View the photos. I will be sorting all this stuff out and offering it for sale. As you can see I have my work cut out for me as there is a lot of stuff."

OldEnglishD 08-08-2017 10:32 AM

Wow, quite a collection. And much too young to leave it behind.

I would be interested in all the cards, but particularly the 66 Topps and 69 OPC.

jb217676 08-08-2017 10:51 AM

Hi Dave,
I agree, much too soon. I sent you a PM with the sellers contact information. Let me know how it works out for you.
Jeff

irv 08-08-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb217676 (Post 1688461)
Hi everyone,
A good friend of mine outside of Toronto purchased a large collection of Bobby Orr cards & memorabilia, he's piecing the collection out for sale and asked me to let you guys know about it's availability. A HUGE amount of stuff (vintage & modern) is included in this collection.

If you see something you like, or would like to contact him directly about something you're looking for, send me a PM and I'll provide his email address.

Here's a copy of his original for sale post copied from the hockey forum:

"Yesterday I picked up Jerrey Potts collection of 30 years of collecting Bobby Orr, Jerrey unfortunately passed on at the age of 56 so his brother called me and asked me to buy the collection. Some highlights are a complete run of every Orr card & insert from 66 to 79 with a complete set of 66-67 Topps, over 50 Autographs from modern day packs including some jersey cards and hundreds of regular and very tough to find inserts. Over 500 books, 200 magazines, McFarlane's & Starting Line Up, Rally equipment, Food premiums, Team Issue, Pucks, Puzzles,Games, Mugs, Jerseys, Posters and tons of oddball stuff. Post Cereal Marble set with game board was also in the collection.View the photos. I will be sorting all this stuff out and offering it for sale. As you can see I have my work cut out for me as there is a lot of stuff."

Unbelievable, Jeff!!

I assume it's the same guy you set me up with about my Beehives? Don't know how he does it, but my hat's off to him! :)

jb217676 08-08-2017 05:14 PM

Different guy Dale, I know a few big fish in the GTA area!

irv 08-08-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb217676 (Post 1688664)
Different guy Dale, I know a few big fish in the GTA area!

I thought it was LK for sure when you said outside of Toronto.

How many RC's are there? I see, what looks like 3-4, but is that a whole box full or is it the set I am seeing?

Pretty impressive having 3-4, but I can't imagine having a whole box full! :eek:

jb217676 08-08-2017 07:27 PM

He had two real ones I believe and the others were modern reproductions. He also had a complete 1966 Topps set with the RC.

rjackson44 08-09-2017 07:59 AM

omg pretty