Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   PWCC Lists Forged Derek Jeter Baseball COA Not Steiner Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=273687)

thetruthisoutthere 09-17-2019 03:53 PM

PWCC Lists Forged Derek Jeter Baseball COA Not Steiner Sports

2 Attachment(s)
In the past when I have attempted to contact an Auction House or High-End Ebay seller that accepts consignments about a forged item, I NEVER receive a reply or acknowledgement.

So maybe someone here on Net54 can reach out to PWCC and inform them that the below "Derek Jeter" is an obvious forgery.

And, of course, it is not a Steiner Sports product.

Steiner Sports dos not "authenticate."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Derek-Jeter...b706%7Ciid%3A1

Attachment 366280

Attachment 366282

bnorth 09-17-2019 05:24 PM

These listings are outrageous. How dare a unscrupulous consigner take advantage of such an honest eBay seller.

thetruthisoutthere 09-17-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1917585)
These listings are outrageous. How dare a unscrupulous consigner take advantage of such an honest eBay seller.

Imagine that!!!

bnorth 09-17-2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1917591)
Imagine that!!!

Just in case anybody doesn't know blue font is the font of sarcasm.:D

thetruthisoutthere 09-17-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1917597)
Just in case anybody doesn't know blue font is the font of sarcasm.:D

Yep. Awesome.

bounce 09-17-2019 06:59 PM

this isn't the only forged autograph in their auction, there are numerous others

Griffey, tiger, I haven't given the rest a good once over but those and the Jeter are obvious

chalupacollects 09-17-2019 07:30 PM

Looks like a toddler did it...

thetruthisoutthere 09-17-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1917559)
In the past when I have attempted to contact an Auction House or High-End Ebay seller that accepts consignments about a forged item, I NEVER receive a reply or acknowledgement.

So maybe someone here on Net54 can reach out to PWCC and inform them that the below "Derek Jeter" is an obvious forgery.

And, of course, it is not a Steiner Sports product.

Steiner Sports dos not "authenticate."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Derek-Jeter...b706%7Ciid%3A1

Attachment 366280

Attachment 366282

This "Jeter" is laughable.

Yastrzemski Sports 09-18-2019 06:41 AM

Steiner Sports provides a high end service and they know better than to use a sharpie on a baseball. They are also usually more careful than to place their hologram over the stitches of a ball. I sent a link to my Steiner rep to see if they want to address it.

Smanzari 09-18-2019 06:49 AM

Whats weird to me is there is a MLB Holo on the ball (the small hologram) - I wonder what its actually for? IIRC those are tamper resistant and look horrible once peeled.

Yastrzemski Sports 09-18-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smanzari (Post 1917679)
Whats weird to me is there is a MLB Holo on the ball (the small hologram) - I wonder what its actually for? IIRC those are tamper resistant and look horrible once peeled.

After some thought, I’m willing to bet that this is an authentic Jeter ball from Steiner. Then when the autograph faded the owner traced over it in sharpie.

AGuinness 09-18-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports (Post 1917766)
After some thought, I’m willing to bet that this is an authentic Jeter ball from Steiner. Then when the autograph faded the owner traced over it in sharpie.

I guess this qualifies as "conserved," right? And since PWCC doesn't need to disclose any conservation, there's nothing to see here! :rolleyes:

Aquarian Sports Cards 09-18-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports (Post 1917766)

For something like that I can normally manipulate the photo to show something underneath. Was tough this time but here's what I got. arrows point to dark line under the marker.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...080&fit=bounds

thetruthisoutthere 09-18-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1917778)
For something like that I can normally manipulate the photo to show something underneath. Was tough this time but here's what I got. arrows point to dark line under the marker.

That is nice work.

With all of the crap (fake holograms, etc) going on in the hobby, anything is possible.

So no one at PWCC was puzzled by this "Jeter" with a COA from Steiner Sports?

felada 09-19-2019 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports (Post 1917677)
Steiner Sports provides a high end service and they know better than to use a sharpie on a baseball. They are also usually more careful than to place their hologram over the stitches of a ball. I sent a link to my Steiner rep to see if they want to address it.

Is Steiner even still operating or is it just a shell for fanatics now?

packs 09-19-2019 07:02 AM

The sticker could be related to game use or some other authentication. Steiner doesn't just sell autographs. They authentic all kinds of game used stuff too. Same goes for MLB. The sticker isn't necessarily related to the autograph.

Mr. Zipper 09-19-2019 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felada (Post 1917893)
Is Steiner even still operating or is it just a shell for fanatics now?

They are owned by Fanatics. I believe it's just a matter of time before the Steiner name disappears and the remaining inventory will be absorbed by Fanatics. There are currently zero signings listed on the Steiner site... it used to be dozens at any given time.

From the NY Post, Founder and CEO completely blindsided by sale of Steiner Sports to rival, June 12, 2019:

Steiner filed a public notice late Tuesday that all 60 employees at its New Rochelle offices were getting fired. Layoffs will begin Aug. 29, with a complete shuttering of the company by Oct. 29, according to the notice.

A stunning and sudden collapse of what used to be one of the premier names in sports memorabilia.

Mr. Zipper 09-19-2019 08:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
By the way... this is what I got when I suggested that Steiner look into obvious fakes on ebay that had their stickers...

bnorth 09-19-2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1917903)
They are owned by Fanatics. I believe it's just a matter of time before the Steiner name disappears and the remaining inventory will be absorbed by Fanatics. There are currently zero signings listed on the Steiner site... it used to be dozens at any given time.

From the NY Post, Founder and CEO completely blindsided by sale of Steiner Sports to rival, June 12, 2019:

Steiner filed a public notice late Tuesday that all 60 employees at its New Rochelle offices were getting fired. Layoffs will begin Aug. 29, with a complete shuttering of the company by Oct. 29, according to the notice.

A stunning and sudden collapse of what used to be one of the premier names in sports memorabilia.

That sucks for their employees, isn't a member here an employee?

perezfan 09-19-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1917800)
That is nice work.

With all of the crap (fake holograms, etc) going on in the hobby, anything is possible.

So no one at PWCC was puzzled by this "Jeter" with a COA from Steiner Sports?

PWCC doesn't know anything other than how to over-hype their items for maximum profit. I just received another email from PWCC, touting their Vault, with all of its "tax-free" and "protection" benefits.

The fact that they can even be taken seriously (or are allowed to continue selling their wares while under FBI Investigation) is disgusting.

Yastrzemski Sports 09-20-2019 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1917778)

Nicely done Scott. We figured it out.

As far as Steiner - I am in contact with 2 reps who have been there for a few years now. So there are still employees left there from Steiner.

chaddurbin 09-22-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1917910)
By the way... this is what I got when I suggested that Steiner look into obvious fakes on ebay that had their stickers...

Nice work Steve being on their blocked list, you must've called them out on some bs because they suck ass and they didn't take too kindly to that.

Mr. Zipper 09-23-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaddurbin (Post 1918609)
Nice work Steve being on their blocked list, you must've called them out on some bs because they suck ass and they didn't take too kindly to that.

I wasn't nasty or anything rude. If I recall I tweeted them a link to an auction with obvious fake junk with their sticker on it... something to the effect of "Steiner... you may want to protect your brand and go after crooks using your sticker to sell fakes"

Their response was to apparently do nothing about the fakes, but instead block me.

:rolleyes: