Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Can I have some advice on this Mantle (solved) (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=160185)

isaac2004 12-14-2012 08:42 AM

Can I have some advice on this Mantle (solved)

3 Attachment(s)
I am not even close to a Mantle expert, but this looks like a lot of examples from the end of his life. That paired with the fact it is a Budig ball means that there was a 18 month window(94 to his death) where the Mick could have signed this. I would appreciate anyones thoughts on it.

On a side note, it comes with a cert from A&S Sports. One is in NY, the other in FL. I am hoping its the NY one. Let me know what you guys think

Big Dave 12-14-2012 09:12 AM

Don't believe this autograph is authentic.

ATP 12-14-2012 09:16 AM

Not authentic.

isaac2004 12-14-2012 09:20 AM

Thats good enough for me

James showed me this

http://www.icollector.com/MICKEY-MAN...14252965?t=GAG

Hard to argue the fact that he is flipping it for way less than $400 means he found out is was fake.

Thanks All!

shelly 12-14-2012 10:13 AM

My question is why would you even think this was even close to being authentic.:confused:
It is a true piece of garbage.

isaac2004 12-14-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1062538)
My question is why would you even think this was even close to being authentic.:confused:

Because I have seen many signatures floating around on ebay with this "style" of signature (with the bottom of the Ms flat) and they were not being booted off and selling for high dollars.

Thanks for the input Shelley

jgmp123 12-14-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1062538)

Shelly,

I think it's time to realize that not everyone may be as seasoned as you or some others on this site and that I am sure at one point in time, you too weren't the "expert" you are now.... If you want to help educate a fellow collector, then please do...but remember that you always have the option to simply close out the discussion and move on.

Remember this is supposed to be a community and no reason to alienate anyone....

shelly 12-14-2012 10:46 AM

Not meant to be a put down. This is one Mantle that I would say most everyone on this site would call bad. I will make one suggestion. If you see a Mantle on a Budig ball you can almost bet its bad. Just like Maris on a Bobby Brown.

Fuddjcal 12-14-2012 10:54 AM

So painfully fake it hurts and really easy to see even if your a beginner IMHO. If you'd just compare it to a few known originals you'd easily see this one is a clear cut forgery. it's nice to know that this new site "iforgery.com" is off to a good start is selling fakes. Just another on line auction site to steer clear of just like "Always Fake at Auction" I don't know why morons use these off beat site that deal in 99.9% forgeries. As Fudd always says...I wouldn't buy a Kewpie doll from them:D

ALSO, the budig ball is a huge tip off. Good luck

JimStinson 12-14-2012 12:01 PM

JimStinson

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1062550)
Not meant to be a put down. This is one Mantle that I would say most everyone on this site would call bad. I will make one suggestion. If you see a Mantle on a Budig ball you can almost bet its bad. Just like Maris on a Bobby Brown.

BINGO !

jgmp123 12-14-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1062555)
So painfully fake it hurts and really easy to see even if your a beginner IMHO. If you'd just compare it to a few known originals you'd easily see this one is a clear cut forgery. it's nice to know that this new site "iforgery.com" is off to a good start is selling fakes. Just another on line auction site to steer clear of just like "Always Fake at Auction" I don't know why morons use these off beat site that deal in 99.9% forgeries. As Fudd always says...I wouldn't buy a Kewpie doll from them:D

iforgery.com
Lol.:D

isaac2004 12-14-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1062555)

Thanks Fudd for the insight!