Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Snow on the ground ? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=201661)

TUM301 02-15-2015 05:37 AM

Snow on the ground ?

Here in western Mass. we`re used to having a pretty long and harsh winter season. We can usually count on snow covered streets, yards, and snow banks from around Thanksgiving until the end of March. This year, as the rest of the country has already heard, has been unbelievable. It was relatively quiet until say MLK Day but since then, estimating we`ve had around 80 inches of snow with no melt at all. Just wondering if any fellow board members are experiencing the same wave in different areas ? Pitchers and catchers in 6 days !!!!!!!

Econteachert205 02-15-2015 09:10 AM

Rhode Island has been clobbered as well.

gregr2 02-15-2015 09:32 AM

Here is Florida waiting for pitchers and catchers to report! No snow here! :D

Got my Spring Training tickets already.

EvilKing00 02-15-2015 09:39 AM

Long island ny, seems it snows or ices 2x a week, but its not so bad, compared to what your getting. Heard more snow next weekend too, seems it snows every weekend.

bnorth 02-15-2015 11:08 AM

We have been lucky here in South Dakota. Usually we are cold with snow cover all winter. We have very little snow on the ground now and the temps. have been above average.

gnpaden 02-15-2015 01:31 PM

here is kentucky and it has been very cold! we are expecting 10-15 inches of snow here tonight and tomorrow

familytoad 02-15-2015 02:34 PM

SW Wash

In Southwest Washington (metro Portland Oregon for practical sake)
Today should be the highest temperature on record in history, at 63 degrees .
Cloudless, beautiful crisp air.

It's been several days like this, so it's hard to fathom it's mid-February .
Usually rainy and gray in this second month of the year.

We'll take it! :D

My native Vermonters have alerted me that they have snow measured in yards not inches. Ouch!

billyb 02-15-2015 03:14 PM

Mid Northern Michigan here. Not much snow, only about 4-5 inches on ground. But bitter cold today. Yesterday was just below zero, with 50 MPH wind gusts.
Windchill today, -20, but sunny.

DHogan 02-15-2015 07:19 PM

It hasn't been any fun with the snow in eastern Massachusetts either. The wind is blowing about 30 - 40 mph right now. I don't have enough room to put any more snow when I shovel. I have to pile it one place and shovel it again to another spot. At one point, I sunk up to my waist and had to dig myself out at 7:00 at night and crawl over the snow pile. After working all day.

egri 02-16-2015 04:51 AM

We got about nine inches over the weekend here in Rhode Island. By virtue of being near the bay, we generally won't get more than this unless there's a really bad blizzard.

clydepepper 02-16-2015 10:12 PM

Just cold rain down here in the south...hope everyone makes it through to spring.

almostdone 02-17-2015 05:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here in Noeth East Georgia we usually get maybe one snowfall of a few inches per year. I know that seems like nothing compared to where I grew up in the NorthEast but there is no snow removal equipment here so you basically wait until it melts to get around.
I learned to drive in snow in NJ so it's not so bad for me except most other local drivers either crawl at 5 mph because it's flurries or speed on the ice because they think they can handle it.
Yesterday was the first of anything we had. First was sleet for a few hours to put down a mice ice layer, then one inch of snow followed by more sleet for the next four hours into light rain and then freeze it all into two inches of ice. No fun to get around in this. Remember no one to scrape or device the roads either.
Drew

This is my front yard as I'm typing this. That's just ice. Yuck!

GoldenAge50s 02-17-2015 11:01 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I'm just a bit north of Providence. Here's some shots of my driveway area, front door to mailbox & my backyard area. My pool is underneath that next to last shot.

It's snowing again now.

steve B 02-17-2015 01:01 PM

About 111 inches here so far. 96.9 official plus about 14 this weekend. Official figure should be out soon. What's on the ground after packing and some being blown away is around 46 inches.

Steve B

Jason 02-17-2015 01:11 PM

14 inches overnight in RVA. I hate snow but love the paid days off!

Paul S 02-18-2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s (Post 1381519)
I'm just a bit north of Providence. Here's some shots of my driveway area, front door to mailbox & my backyard area. My pool is underneath that next to last shot.

It's snowing again now.

Fred, Ahhhh, I should have figured out that's why you're so quiet lately in the Live Auctions section! Thaw out soon, buddy.

Bocabirdman 02-18-2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s (Post 1381519)

It's snowing again now.

Fred, You need to stop hanging on that rim when you dunk.:):D

Paul S 02-18-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bocabirdman (Post 1382022)
Fred, You need to stop hanging on that rim when you dunk.:):D

The only thing he's dunking now is soda bread in his porridge [insert emoticon for "You poor bastid" here]:(

thedutymon 02-20-2015 10:21 AM

And Here in the Rocky Mtns we have Diddly!!

Morning,

Live at 7000 ft. and work at 8000-11000 every day here in the Vail Valley. Last winter was absolutely horrendous, worst in decades, this year basically we should have snow A$$ deep but haven't had but a couple inches in almost two months. YeeFrickin'Hah....I'm loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for you poor New Englanders to New Yorkers, welcome to My World (Normally), sorry to not have much sympathy, I go through that almost every year!!!

Neil:D:D:D

GoldenAge50s 02-20-2015 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I would tell you guys my "dunkin days" are over, but @ 5' 9" I never could dunk, even back in the days when I DID played bsktball!

My only dunkin' these days is at the donut shop!