Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Non Paying bidder - Ebay feedback (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=237905)

bobbyw8469 04-05-2017 09:18 AM

Non Paying bidder - Ebay feedback

I thought about leaving a positive feedback for non paying bidders on Ebay along these lines...."As far as NON PAYING BIDDERS go, I guess he was ok?"

Is that a good thing to do, to warn people, or is that considered bad?

pawpawdiv9 04-05-2017 10:26 AM

I got one of them people too. Was wondering the same thing.
My unpaid assistance is set for 9 days. (as I wrote pay within 7 days in my description)
Maybe I should cut that down to 3-4 days now.
What feedback do we leave???
I thought about writing/notify that he/she is a non-payer. But do we check positive/neutral/negative??

D. Bergin 04-05-2017 11:21 AM

You can leave one, but they could possibly have it easily removed and get you a slap on the wrist from Ebay, if they wanted to bother to put the work in.

You're not allowed to leave negative/positive feedback.

Ebay doesn't like the word getting out into the world that all the bidders on Ebay aren't really on the up and up. They will bury that as quick as possible.

I wasn't even allowed to share communications I had with a non-paying bidder on the Ebay Powerseller forums.........and I didn't even name the bidder.

D. Bergin 04-05-2017 11:37 AM

BTW, here's the feedback left for my last non-paying bidder. It's been almost 3 weeks since he won his items. Anybody tell me they would have let them bid, if they knew his history ahead of time?

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rchInterval=30

They were not for high dollar items, so I'm just going to eat the fees and hope he never pays. This is an example of the type of buyer Ebay is not concerned about.

Some very familiar looking sellers on his feedback left to. Probably several from this very site.

Even in his positive feedback, it's obvious he's nailing sellers on their DSR scores, or extorting them for partial refunds. Ebay doesn't consider him a problem, apparently.

D. Bergin 04-05-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1647860)
BTW, here's the feedback left for my last non-paying bidder. It's been almost 3 weeks since he won his items. Anybody tell me they would have let them bid, if they knew his history ahead of time?

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rchInterval=30

They were not for high dollar items, so I'm just going to eat the fees and hope he never pays. This is an example of the type of buyer Ebay is not concerned about.

Some very familiar looking sellers on his feedback left to. Probably several from this very site.

Even in his positive feedback, it's obvious he's nailing sellers on their DSR scores, or extorting them for partial refunds. Ebay doesn't consider him a problem, apparently.

....and apparently Ebay has corrupted the links on Feedback pages so you can't share them on other sites.

Just hover over the link and you should be able to see the Buyer ID within the code and look it up.

bn2cardz 04-05-2017 11:40 AM

I have items on Ebay with BO. I had an offer recently and when I looked at their feedback there was one stating they didn't pay. So it is helpful. I don't understand why buyers can't get negative feedback, or at least have non payments listed.

ibuysportsephemera 04-05-2017 01:29 PM

I have had no problem leaving negative/positive feedback. I usually wait 5 to 7 days before filing a non-paying bidder claim. You have to wait the 3 or 4 days and then eBay will let you close the claim out. I then close it out, add the buyer to my blocked bidder list, I am refunded my fees and then leave feedback. Once a case is closed the buyer cannot leave you feedback. You just need to be factual on your feedback. I usually say something like No Contact and No payment. I have never had a problem doing this.

Jeff

D. Bergin 04-05-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera (Post 1647898)
I have had no problem leaving negative/positive feedback. I usually wait 5 to 7 days before filing a non-paying bidder claim. You have to wait the 3 or 4 days and then eBay will let you close the claim out. I then close it out, add the buyer to my blocked bidder list, I am refunded my fees and then leave feedback. Once a case is closed the buyer cannot leave you feedback. You just need to be factual on your feedback. I usually say something like No Contact and No payment. I have never had a problem doing this.

Jeff

Curious what you or anybody else would do with the guy I mentioned above?

Based on his left feedback, it looks like he waits until somebody files a non-paying bidder complaint to get back their fees.........THEN he pays, and then he causes additional problems after they send the item out, including asking for refunds on stated S&H costs, complaining about condition, and leaving a constant stream of negative feedback.

I'm asking because in all the years I've been on Ebay, I've never run across a bidder as obviously spiteful as this guy, and based on some of the ID's I see in his feedback, I would not be shocked if he also frequented these boards.

pawpawdiv9 04-05-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1647861)
....and apparently Ebay has corrupted the links on Feedback pages so you can't share them on other sites.

Just hover over the link and you should be able to see the Buyer ID within the code and look it up.

I saw the feedback....Holy Smokes man, nothing makes this guy happy.
Seller: originalcards*n*collectibles
Just click: Feedback left for others.

D. Bergin 10-24-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 1647922)
I saw the feedback....Holy Smokes man, nothing makes this guy happy.
Seller: originalcards*n*collectibles
Just click: Feedback left for others.

Oh well, Guy got me again 6 months later. This time on a different account since I've had him blocked on the above account since April. I've had about 5 non-payers in the last 6 months, and he's two of them.

Might as well out him to others, since he seems to be very persistent in his non-paying and vindictive with his feedback left.

The above account is his most active. his backup account he uses that I just got nailed on is "traderjay3".

Name on account is J@son D*v!n out of Chi-town.

Looking at his feedback left on both accounts is also pretty alarming.

Feedback received shows tons of activity with Probstein AND PWCC. Wonder how many times they've looked the other way on his bidding habits.

:mad:

ibuysportsephemera 10-24-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1713459)
Oh well, Guy got me again 6 months later. This time on a different account since I've had him blocked on the above account since April. I've had about 5 non-payers in the last 6 months, and he's two of them.

Might as well out him to others, since he seems to be very persistent in his non-paying and vindictive with his feedback left.

The above account is his most active. his backup account he uses that I just got nailed on is "traderjay3".

Name on account is J@son D*v!n out of Chi-town.

Looking at his feedback left on both accounts is also pretty alarming.

Feedback received shows tons of activity with Probstein AND PWCC. Wonder how many times they've looked the other way on his bidding habits.

:mad:

You might be able to beat him this time. You should call eBay and tell them that this was a previously blocked bidder and he used a different account to bid on your items. Good luck!

Jeff

D. Bergin 10-24-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera (Post 1713472)
You might be able to beat him this time. You should call eBay and tell them that this was a previously blocked bidder and he used a different account to bid on your items. Good luck!

Jeff

Already filed a UPI on him and got my fees back, so I don't think he can nail me on feedback.

Not sure I have it in me to pursue additional Ebay "justice" and the time suck that goes along with it.

ibuysportsephemera 10-24-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1713478)
Already filed a UPI on him and got my fees back, so I don't think he can nail me on feedback.

Not sure I have it in me to pursue additional Ebay "justice" and the time suck that goes along with it.

I hear ya. I might still go on record with eBay about this clown just in case he tries it again.

Jeff

D. Bergin 10-24-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera (Post 1713482)
I hear ya. I might still go on record with eBay about this clown just in case he tries it again.

Jeff

Luckily I started writing blocked and problem bidders down in a little journal, so I can connect the dots when something goes fishy.

I probably wouldn't even have realized this was the same guy if I didn't start doing this a little while ago.

ALR-bishop 10-25-2017 08:15 AM

I am just a buyer on eBay but do worry about the horror stories sellers tell about phsyco and dishonest buyers, because it seems to have reduced the number of good sellers on eBay, and hence reduced my buying options.

I do remember a day, before eBay changed it's approach, when sellers could use feedback as a weapon and threat, and there were sellers who abused that system as well. Not sure there is a happy medium but assume eBay had landed on it's current approach as being in it's best interest from a bottom line standpoint.

At least as a buyer I can be picky and research a seller some before bidding. I feel for sellers who have to deal with some of the dishonest and crazy buyers out there. It is why I do not sell even my duplicate stuff directly, it t all. I either sell it through a 3d party or give it away.

D. Bergin 10-25-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1713728)
I am just a buyer on eBay but do worry about the horror stories sellers tell about phsyco and dishonest buyers, because it seems to have reduced the number of good sellers on eBay, and hence reduced my buying options.

I do remember a day, before eBay changed it's approach, when sellers could use feedback as a weapon and threat, and there were sellers who abused that system as well. Not sure there is a happy medium but assume eBay had landed on it's current approach as being in it's best interest from a bottom line standpoint.

At least as a buyer I can be picky and research a seller some before bidding. I feel for sellers who have to deal with some of the dishonest and crazy buyers out there. It is why I do not sell even my duplicate stuff directly, it t all. I either sell it through a 3d party or give it away.

I will say, as much as I and others might complain when things go sideways. Most buyers on Ebay are really good. It's a very small percentage that actually cause problems.

What's the saying though.............one bad apple can ruin your day.

RichardSimon 11-15-2017 11:00 AM

Can we use this thread to post the names of ebay non payers.
I recently had two within a six day span.
Fortunately the second bidder in both cases did buy the auction items so there was no loss for me except for the annoyance factor :mad:
Both non payers had large # of positive feedback and one actually said I will pay you tomorrow and never did.

D. Bergin 12-29-2017 11:25 AM

Always with the stories during the holidays. About a $50 item. Guy placed 6 last day and several last minute bids on an item I had that ended December 20th.

He was obviously bidding in real time and not sniping.

So instead of paying right when the auction is over, even though he's present and see's he just won, he waits 9 days and then contacts me to tell me his wife has been admitted to the ICU, he's with her and is not able to complete the sale, and can I cancel his bid. :rolleyes:

On the off chance he's actually telling the truth I won't out him on here, but I usually get one or two of these every December it seems.

If people would just stop buying stuff on Ebay, they might avoid all these tragedies happening to their loved ones. :(

ALR-bishop 12-29-2017 01:23 PM

Maybe his wife got ill when she saw the amount of his winning bid ....so you are partly responsible Dave :)

D. Bergin 12-29-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1733723)
Maybe his wife got ill when she saw the amount of his winning bid ....so you are partly responsible Dave :)

I guess we're all a little bit at fault here.

Happy New Year Al! :D

vintagetoppsguy 12-29-2017 02:38 PM

Just tell him that you're understanding to his situation and that you'll wait for payment until his wife gets out of the hospital. Then email him daily about her status.

Or you could ask him her name, hospital and room number so that you can send flowers. :D

D. Bergin 12-30-2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1733752)
Just tell him that you're understanding to his situation and that you'll wait for payment until his wife gets out of the hospital. Then email him daily about her status.

Or you could ask him her name, hospital and room number so that you can send flowers. :D

Trust me, every time I get a message like this I go through several moments of wanting to dig just a little bit deeper. Then I realize I would just be stringing myself along, and just try to accept it and move on as quickly as possible.......................................... ......right after venting on Net54. :D

D. Bergin 01-28-2018 10:58 AM

Jeez, this is becoming more commonplace then it's ever been. Going to make a couple separate rants here.

#1. Who the hell places a snipe bid with 6 seconds left to go in an auction, and then decides to never pay? $71 item. Gave the guy 16 days before I finalized the UPI, and nothing.

#2. No offense to anybody here because I'm sure 99% are great, but why is it nearly always the baseball guys who do this? If you see my avatar, you notice I specialize in boxing.......and then I dabble in all the other sports. 90%+ of what I sell is boxing, but the baseball items I sell consist of over 50% of the unpaid items cases I've had over the last several years.

Not football, not basketball, not hockey, not wrestling...............but baseball. Is it simply because there's a deeper pool of collectors in this area?

Is it because the baseball guys are used to bidding in Probstein and PWCC auctions and behaving however the hell they want, between retractions and unpaid items with no repercussions, because these consignment sellers are afraid of losing bidders (and consignors)?

Anybody wants the ID, feel free to PM me.

Jim65 01-29-2018 05:30 AM

Ebay should have a policy where a non-paying bidder strike shows up in a buyers feedback so sellers can block if they choose.

ALR-bishop 01-29-2018 07:18 AM

We baseball guys are known to use snipe services and drink to excess at night :)