Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Auction house shipping times - very interesting (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=255353)

hcv123 05-22-2018 08:53 AM

Auction house shipping times - very interesting

So, I recently won lots in 3 auctions - Heritage ended in April, REA and Small Traditions.

Payments were withdrawn from my account on the following dates and the items were shipped/received on the following dates:

REA - funds withdrawn May 21st, items received May 21st - unbelievable!

Small Traditions - funds withdrawn May 15th, notice of delivery with tracking expected to receive tomorrow May 23rd - very reasonable

Heritage - funds withdrawn May 7th. Still no package (it was 1 card) - unacceptable. I called and spoke with someone this morning who communicated -"it should have been shipped out last week" - she was going to make some noise to see what was going on with my card and e-mail me to let me know. I believe that was about 30+ minutes ago - no email yet.

I know REA has a stunning reputation for rapid shipping. Anyone have similar not so good experience with Heritage?

aljurgela 05-22-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcv123 (Post 1779254)
So, I recently won lots in 3 auctions - Heritage ended in April, REA and Small Traditions.

Payments were withdrawn from my account on the following dates and the items were shipped/received on the following dates:

REA - funds withdrawn May 21st, items received May 21st - unbelievable!

Small Traditions - funds withdrawn May 15th, notice of delivery with tracking expected to receive tomorrow May 23rd - very reasonable

Heritage - funds withdrawn May 7th. Still no package (it was 1 card) - unacceptable. I called and spoke with someone this morning who communicated -"it should have been shipped out last week" - she was going to make some noise to see what was going on with my card and e-mail me to let me know. I believe that was about 30+ minutes ago - no email yet.

I know REA has a stunning reputation for rapid shipping. Anyone have similar not so good experience with Heritage?

+1 REA Super Fast... Had to wait 3 weeks for Heritage and 3 phone calls to customer service. Disappointed.

Peter_Spaeth 05-22-2018 09:11 AM

Heritage can be on the slow side, but it doesn't bother me because I am not in a rush and if I get a good buy I am fine with waiting since I know what to expect. Plus you get a lifetime supply of packing peanuts.:eek:

x2drich2000 05-22-2018 09:24 AM

I've had mixed results with Heritage. Most recently shipping seemed a bit slow, but I have also had them ship my items almost the same day they received my payment.

DJ

Rich Falvo 05-22-2018 09:48 AM

I've only had good experiences with Heritage, but I'm usually only buying single cards from their weekly Sunday auctions. Every time that I've paid on a Monday, I've had the cards by the weekend.

hcv123 05-22-2018 12:21 PM

Well at least they are doing what they can to make it right

They emailed me (as stated) that they will be sending out overnight and apologized.

bensie 05-22-2018 12:45 PM

My first few Heritage orders were slow, but now that they've upgraded me to their "ship prior to receiving payment" option, they've been pretty fast.

oldjudge 05-22-2018 12:46 PM

I agree with Rich. I think Heritage is great.

Rickyy 05-22-2018 01:26 PM

Heritage sometimes takes longer...from my experience, within week to week and a half after payment... but it is always packed and shipped very carefully (as Peter said...with lots o peanuts). I'm okay with their time.

REA is fast... within one week I usually have it.

Love of the Game also very fast too...

Ricky Y

mantlefan 05-22-2018 07:45 PM

Heritage shipping sucks

I paid my REA bill one day AFTER I received my winnings (over $10K).

I paid Heritage on April 21st (under $10K), was charged $58 for shipping 7 graded cards and received my items on May 19th. I grade them PSA 1 (poor). Their shipping dept. should be put to the lash.

PLUS: I go to sign in today on their site via PayPal and get this crap:

https://d28lcup14p4e72.cloudfront.ne...HERITAGEBS.jpg

WTF?

Topnotchsy 05-22-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bensie (Post 1779361)
My first few Heritage orders were slow, but now that they've upgraded me to their "ship prior to receiving payment" option, they've been pretty fast.

I got a message like this on my winnings from this past auction. Will see how long it takes to receive.

Topnotchsy 05-29-2018 05:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Topnotchsy (Post 1779552)
I got a message like this on my winnings from this past auction. Will see how long it takes to receive.

Winnings arrived today. One of the highlights...

bobbyw8469 05-29-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mantlefan (Post 1779529)
I paid my REA bill one day AFTER I received my winnings (over $10K).

I paid Heritage on April 21st (under $10K), was charged $58 for shipping 7 graded cards and received my items on May 19th. I grade them PSA 1 (poor). Their shipping dept. should be put to the lash.

PLUS: I go to sign in today on their site via PayPal and get this crap:

https://d28lcup14p4e72.cloudfront.ne...HERITAGEBS.jpg

WTF?

I don't mean no harm, but as a consignor I would be leery of someone sending out my items before receiving payment.

oldjudge 05-29-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1781745)
I don't mean no harm, but as a consignor I would be leery of someone sending out my items before receiving payment.

Why? It's not your risk.

Leon 05-31-2018 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldjudge (Post 1781751)
Why? It's not your risk.

I agree. As a consignor if the AH wants to take liability for one of their customers payments i don't care. As long as they send my consignment check on time I am fine.