Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone Got $4.5 Million to Spare? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=116819)

paul 10-13-2009 07:06 PM

Anyone Got $4.5 Million to Spare?

Don't miss this "opurtoonity"!

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-baseball-foo...item27ac46be84

carrigansghost 10-13-2009 07:08 PM

Yankeys!!

GoldenAge50s 10-13-2009 07:34 PM

I scanned the list & found my "Holy Grail""---Have been looking since 1957 for this one!

Mikey Mantel Yankeys tops 1956 95

bh3443 10-13-2009 07:35 PM

deal of a lifetime?

Well, just when you think you've seen it all out comes another one!
Is it me or are you other net54 buddies having a hard time figuring out exactly what is being sold for 1/2 mill?
I hope everyone's enjoying this nice Fall weather! After 3+ weeks of brutal hospital treatments, I'm happy to be home! Hi to all my 54 friends!
Take care,
Bill Hedin
bh3443@aol.com

teetwoohsix 10-13-2009 07:39 PM

It's quite the "opurtoonity",and as he stated"most all of them have four crisp cornes".......................

carrigansghost 10-13-2009 07:39 PM

Glad you are home, Bill. Hope things are looking up.

Rawn

Doug 10-13-2009 07:43 PM

I think my Firefox window almost crashed due to all of the typos overloading the spell checker. :eek:

brickyardkennedy 10-13-2009 07:46 PM

" He is only selling them so he can have a comfortable retierment (sic)."

Guess he wants to take his life to a new level

Pup6913 10-13-2009 08:00 PM

Yeah but the fine print at the bottom was the best. Fork over 1/2 a mil and I will send you your cards in 21 days, right after I take a jet to the Camans for some Mojitos.:eek:

The only forms of payment that will be acepted are certified check or pay pal. If pay pal is used the contents of auction will be held for 21 days after payment. If ussing paypal if you use a credit card their is a 3% fee. Buyer assumes all cost for payment. The cards will not be delivered untill payment is 100% cleared. They will be fully insured and sent the safest way. Post office secured mail. I am not a proffesional grader what i have said is my best guess. The only thing i gaurantee is you will reicive everything listed. Saying that all sales are final . They can be hand delivered in the continental us only or picked up. The packages will come with shipping numbers and be fully insured. Once the package leaves my hands the post office assumes all responsability. If items are lost or dammaged your claim will be filled with the post office and not through me. Once the packages are sent and you recive tracking numbers our transaction is compleate. If you do not agree with any of my terms don't bid.

Last but not least happy bidding!

birdman42 10-13-2009 08:00 PM

My favorites are the cards that are "printed singed." That's how you'll end up if you bid.

The sad part is that somebody put a lot of work into that little spreadsheet.

Bill

Leon 10-13-2009 08:04 PM

well

I kind of feel bad for the guy :(. Here he thinks Pops is going to finally cash out ....and one thing is finally going to come his way...and KAPOW!!! Right in the kisser!!

btw- Bill H. - great to have you back. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

frank5k 10-13-2009 08:25 PM

got $4.5 million to spare

I emailed this guy to tell him that at $4.5 million was not enough , thank you frank , by the way I am recovering from a concussion

Peter_Spaeth 10-13-2009 08:29 PM

The poor guy went to a lot of trouble to list the cards. Clearly he just doesn't know what he is doing.

bh3443 10-13-2009 09:51 PM

thanks to all

Dear Leon, Pup, Ghost et al,
I'm very happy to see you all write such kind words of support to me.
I'm doing as well as can be expected and thank you all for your kindness.
My best days are filled with hours on our net54 forums and my days surrounded by family are a great combo that has me doing better than I ever imagined.
You all are wonderful and amazing friends and I am proud to know you as well as proud to be a member of the great Net54 community.
For me, the best therapy is here where i dwell among you fine people: the heart and soul of collecting is here on net54!
Thanks so much.
Your friend for eternity,
Bill Hedin
Massachusetts

Jantz 10-13-2009 10:18 PM

Thnaks Paul!

Wy iz it everytyme I'm watching an awkshun on eBAY, sumone on hear haz to "out" it? :rolleyes:

Jantz