Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   First time posting and introduction hello! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=226993)

TobaccoGreyhound 08-16-2016 01:23 PM

First time posting and introduction hello!

My first time posting and wanted to say a brief hello to the forum. I have been a long time follower and thought it would finally be the perfect time to join and introduce myself. Thank you to Leon for assisting me with how to register. It is an incredible site and forum. Most if not ALL of you are extremely knowledgeable and just as important are genuine, honest, courteous and from what I have witnessed.... beyond a doubt Friendly.

I just recently attended the 2016 National Convention is Atlantic City and only wished I had joined the forum earlier so I could have met a few of you in person. I must admit there may be a few I have met on this forum in the past but it is for me difficult to recognize any names. I have met one person in particular and it is Ted Z......( Ted, If you can recall, we were next to one another at a auction in Bucks County, Pa. a few years ago that had many, many T206 baseball cards and it is really far from a sports auction house ).

My interest is in all sports cards and memorabilia but as you can see by my username T206 Tobacco Cards are my favorite. As for the Greyhound name...my family has long adopted retired racing greyhound dogs and in actuality wish we could save them all. On the other side we really are strong advocates Against Greyhound Dog racing in every way. That is a subject for another day and in another forum.

I reside in Bucks County, Pennsylvania as well as in Ocean City, New Jersey.

In ending...thank you for taking a moment to read a little about me and in advance for any and all welcome's to this wonderful forum and informative site.

In time I will be posting in the BST forum some T206 baseball cards.....all are graded by SGC and quite a few have Tolstoi Backs as well as I have a few more interesting players.....One of my prize possession T206 Ray Demmitt in the St. Louis Uniform version and was Graded High by SGC was just given to a auction house for a Fall 2016 auction....That one will be missed!

I hope to contribute in some small way to the forums and will continue to enjoy each and everyone's words of wisdom.

Thanks again.......Regards!

cincyredlegs 08-16-2016 02:19 PM

Welcome to the boards and look forward to seeing your collection.

Mark

bravos4evr 08-16-2016 02:26 PM

Welcome ! I'm a relative noob to the forum myself and this place is a treasure trove of both information and snarky comments, so enjoy both! :-p

P.S.- I am the proud owner of a rescue greyhound myself, what great dogs!

bnorth 08-16-2016 03:10 PM

Welcome to the forum from another owner of a rescue dog.:)

mrvster 08-16-2016 06:26 PM

Welcome

friend!!! I love t206:)

any scraps????????????

BROWN OLD MILLS???????:confused::)

Leon 08-16-2016 06:37 PM

Welcome to our board!! Did someone say dog lover? My kind of people!!

tedzan 08-16-2016 07:24 PM

Hi Ocean City Tommy

That live auction that we met at in Bucks County (PA) several years ago was a tremendous T206 experience.

I won every T206 that I was interested in, and then some. How did you do ?

And, welcome aboard the good ship Net54.

TED Z

clydepepper 08-16-2016 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1572942)
Welcome to the forum from another owner of a rescue dog.:)

I adopted mine five years ago...what a great dog!

Welcome, Tommy - you're going to enjoy this forum!

-Raymond

Jobu 08-16-2016 10:59 PM

Three years between signing up and your first post?! I am going to show this to my wife, maybe it will finally make the seven years it took me to propose seem a little better. :D

Seriously, welcome to the posting portion of your Net54 life - I look forward to our future conversations.

Leon 08-17-2016 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobu (Post 1573117)
Three years between signing up and your first post?! I am going to show this to my wife, maybe it will finally make the seven years it took me to propose seem a little better. :D

Seriously, welcome to the posting portion of your Net54 life - I look forward to our future conversations.

Not long ago a member tipped their toes in the "posting pool" after joining almost 7 yrs ago. Sometimes it takes time.
We have 5 dogs, 4 of them we got off of the street (as has been mentioned, and 3 acquired at once were a pack). We almost had 2 more a few days ago but they were just site seeing, we believe, and went back home.

Once again, welcome TobaccoGreyhound.

bbcard1 08-17-2016 06:42 AM

Welcome. I love the retired greyhounds...a friend from church has two and they are lovely dogs. I have a soft spot for Redbone hounds myself...but the Greyhound has a wonderful temperament and in all honesty smells better than redbone hounds.

EvilKing00 08-17-2016 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobu (Post 1573117)

Lol, im gonna show this post to my wife, show her waiting 5 years for me to propose wasnt that long!

EvilKing00 08-17-2016 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobaccoGreyhound (Post 1572885)
My first time posting and wanted to say a brief hello to the forum. I have been a long time follower and thought it would finally be the perfect time to join and introduce myself. Thank you to Leon for assisting me with how to register. It is an incredible site and forum. Most if not ALL of you are extremely knowledgeable and just as important are genuine, honest, courteous and from what I have witnessed.... beyond a doubt Friendly.

I just recently attended the 2016 National Convention is Atlantic City and only wished I had joined the forum earlier so I could have met a few of you in person. I must admit there may be a few I have met on this forum in the past but it is for me difficult to recognize any names. I have met one person in particular and it is Ted Z......( Ted, If you can recall, we were next to one another at a auction in Bucks County, Pa. a few years ago that had many, many T206 baseball cards and it is really far from a sports auction house ).

My interest is in all sports cards and memorabilia but as you can see by my username T206 Tobacco Cards are my favorite. As for the Greyhound name...my family has long adopted retired racing greyhound dogs and in actuality wish we could save them all. On the other side we really are strong advocates Against Greyhound Dog racing in every way. That is a subject for another day and in another forum.

I reside in Bucks County, Pennsylvania as well as in Ocean City, New Jersey.

In ending...thank you for taking a moment to read a little about me and in advance for any and all welcome's to this wonderful forum and informative site.

In time I will be posting in the BST forum some T206 baseball cards.....all are graded by SGC and quite a few have Tolstoi Backs as well as I have a few more interesting players.....One of my prize possession T206 Ray Demmitt in the St. Louis Uniform version and was Graded High by SGC was just given to a auction house for a Fall 2016 auction....That one will be missed!

I hope to contribute in some small way to the forums and will continue to enjoy each and everyone's words of wisdom.

Thanks again.......Regards!

Welcome to the board!

btcarfagno 08-17-2016 07:16 AM

We adopt all of our dogs...three currently. We had a red brindle rescue greyhound about 10 years back. Must say I wasn't a big fan of the greyhound. Just wanted to lay around all day and do nothing. Doesn't discourage me from encouraging others to adopt greyhounds, but my personal experience wasn't the best. It was like having a 90 pound three foot high cat on sleeping pills.

Enjoy the board!

Tom C

Leon 08-17-2016 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btcarfagno (Post 1573165)
We adopt all of our dogs...three currently. We had a red brindle rescue greyhound about 10 years back. Must say I wasn't a big fan of the greyhound. Just wanted to lay around all day and do nothing. Doesn't discourage me from encouraging others to adopt greyhounds, but my personal experience wasn't the best. It was like having a 90 pound three foot high cat on sleeping pills.

Enjoy the board!

Tom C

When my dogs just lay around I use them as pillows. We both love it.

baseball tourist 08-17-2016 08:27 AM

Kudos and thank yous to those that rescue the pups! Where I live it seems to be all about special breeding and upscale prices, while the SPCA is overflowing with wanting dogs. We have a small apartment, a 19 month old and an older cat - so we need to wait until we can adopt.

ls7plus 08-17-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1573153)
Not long ago a member tipped their toes in the "posting pool" after joining almost 7 yrs ago. Sometimes it takes time.
We have 5 dogs, 4 of them we got off of the street (as has been mentioned, and 3 acquired at once were a pack). We almost had 2 more a few days ago but they were just site seeing, we believe, and went back home.

Once again, welcome TobaccoGreyhound.

My kind of person--animal lovers, especially those taking in rescues, are the best kind of people! And welcome to the forum!

Highest regards,

Larry