Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Hey, pennant guys (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=183684)

perezfan 03-13-2014 12:54 AM

Jason:
Those are all 3 insanely rare. I have never seen the bottom two. Especially love the Rizzuto, and didn't know it existed.

As for the '62 Yankees... I have only seen one other, and it did not have the "Giant Killers" caption. I do have the matching Giants Pennant, and it doesn't have a caption like that either. Great stuff!

DWR:
Love the Dodger Banners.... They really capture the era and look very cool. :cool:

perezfan 03-13-2014 01:27 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Jason:
Below is the regular (common) version of the Rizzuto/Yankees Pennant.

Also a much less common version, with blue fringe instead of tassels.

DWR:
Below is another cool earlier Dodgers Banner (from Jackie's Rookie Season...)

Rob:
Below is the Giants Pennant that I most regret selling. It's really rare, and is from Willie Mays' time as a New York Giant. I thought I might see another one turn up, but that's not been the case. :( Still feeling the remorse, but it went to a great collector with impeccable taste. He specializes in 1950s "Player Pennants", so it found it's proper home. This is the example pictured on the cover of Mike's Pennant Price Guide. I'm curious if you have this one, as it's about the only Giants Pennant I didn't see pictured in your wonderful collection.

I'll throw in one more Giants Pennant below... I sold this one 3-4 years ago, and haven't seen another with multi-color graphics. I believe this one to be to be fairly rare, too.

doug.goodman 03-13-2014 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwr11 (Post 1253397)
Here is the 1965 version of the Dodgers pennant when they played the Twins.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...gersbanner.jpg

If you EVER want to sell (or trade) that Dodgers / Twins, PLEASE let me know.

Doug

ooo-ribay 03-13-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwr11 (Post 1253397)
That is a great Mantle photo pennant! Here is the 1965 version of the Dodgers pennant when they played the Twins.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...gersbanner.jpg

complete with dripping blood! Awesome. :D

ooo-ribay 03-13-2014 08:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo (Post 1253378)
This is one for Rob in defiance of all the Giants pennants. It's a tough one that I have not seen before or since that actually has a piece of felt fabric glued or stitched at the bottom. Rob, hopefully you got the Giants version as I think the seller had the matching Giants one when I bought it.

Great Yankees pennants, Jason. FYI, I'm a D**ger hater, not so much with the Yanks. That said, they are far from my favorites. ;)

So, the "Giant Killers" was glued on after the Series? That is cool...never seen it. I also have the Giants version in orange on black (reversed).

The bottom pennant is seen in other colors. I also have the red one. Don't know if the Yanks got "top billing" in the ones sold in NY.

ooo-ribay 03-13-2014 08:51 AM

Loved the description with this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MLB-Flag-Pen...item338bde938e

"This item was rolled up and stuck in a drawer since 1961 and is in very good condition.

There are no Pin holes that I can see or stains.

Some of the stitching is not perfect on the flag end but it has not been altered or messed with in any way.

Thanks for looking and enjoy it as much as I have!"

i.e. stick it in a drawer. :D

Duluth Eskimo 03-13-2014 12:43 PM

That description is pretty funny, but I would rather see that than some of the other moronic descriptions from people that should probably know better. At least with that you know you should most likely be getting what you expect with no deception.

I believe the other Giants pennant I saw was your orange version. Very clean. You can tell that blue version you have is tough as well just by the manufacturing process or lack there of. Both very nice pennants.

For Doug,
Both DWR and I come across those Dodgers / Twins banners every once in a long while. They are tougher than the Yankees version, but not impossible to find. The hardest thing to find is either version with a good hanging rod with string that is still complete. If you want to PM me I can try to let you know if I run across one in the future.

Rob,
Here's one that's not quite a Giants, only a Giants farm club that still fits the bill with the batter.

Mark,
I found a couple of the tassel versions too in both colors. I have only seen red and blue. I had another of these, but I think I sold it on Ebay a few years back. I used to have the World Series version, but they are so expensive now that I ended up selling it. Have you ever seen any other tasseled versions other than these three? I have the regular versions as well so I just have always assumed that the manufacture put the tassels on a few to dress them up. Either that or they got a better deal on some closeout gold tasseled piping and went that route to finish an order. Either way, it looks nice.

jsage 03-13-2014 01:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Players Pennant Wall -
Mark - Love that Mays - I do not think we will ever see another one like it.
Appreciate very much that you let it go to me.

Jason - Thanks for helping me with what I think in the best example of the Jackie Robinson Portait Pennant. I have also posted a photo of the fringe 1955
World Series Pennant. Not perfect with coloration - it had a red pennant stacked on top and got caught in some rain - but in great shape

Duluth Eskimo 03-13-2014 01:34 PM

Jerry,
Those are fantastic. I finally showed a photo of the Phil Rizzuto pennant as well earlier in the thread. Better late then never I guess.

ooo-ribay 03-13-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsage (Post 1253679)
Players Pennant Wall -
Mark - Love that Mays - I do not think we will ever see another one like it.

Jason - Thanks for helping me with what I think in the best example of the Jackie Robinson Portait Pennant.

Jerry(?) - gotta get the HVAC guy out to move that vent. ;)

Beautiful wall!

jsage 03-13-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo (Post 1253693)
Jerry,
Those are fantastic. I finally showed a photo of the Phil Rizzuto pennant as well earlier in the thread. Better late then never I guess.

Jason -
The Rizzuto looks great.
Also, I have never seen another of the picture Mantle. Actually with as popular as The Mick was, you would expect to see more examples.
Jerry

Duluth Eskimo 03-13-2014 03:18 PM

All of the photo pennants that are not Twins are very rare. Most of the player photo pennants shown I have seen less than 5 of. I used to own a Reggie Jackson so I know there are at least two. I have only seen that one Clemente and possibly two Mantles. The only other one I have seen is the one pictured in Mike's book, but it might be this same one. I also know of one Hank Aaron with a b&w photo that I have only seen one of. Super tough though.

jsage 03-13-2014 03:41 PM

Player Photo Pennants

Jason -
I have seen some player photo pennants from the Angels. 1960-70"s era.
Jerry

dwr11 03-13-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsage (Post 1253752)
Jason -
I have seen some player photo pennants from the Angels. 1960-70"s era.
Jerry

I had four Angels player photo pennants from the 60's that I sold on Ebay a few months ago. I have also seen two different Koufax photo pennants, Drysdale, Matthews, Spahn, and numerous (at least 13 different players) Green Bay Packers player photo pennants to go along with the ones Jason mentioned. I also use to own a Bill Goldsworthy North Stars player photo pennant to go along with my Jude Druin. I still own a perfect Carl Yaz photo pennant but don't have a picture of it with me.

Jason - that Mantle is awesome! I can't believe we haven't found another Yankee like a Maris.

Duluth Eskimo 03-13-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwr11 (Post 1253764)
I had four Angels player photo pennants from the 60's that I sold on Ebay a few months ago. I have also seen two different Koufax photo pennants, Drysdale, Matthews, Spahn, and numerous (at least 13 different players) Green Bay Packers player photo pennants to go along with the ones Jason mentioned. I also use to own a Bill Goldsworthy North Stars player photo pennant to go along with my Jude Druin. I still own a perfect Carl Yaz photo pennant but don't have a picture of it with me.

Jason - that Mantle is awesome! I can't believe we haven't found another Yankee like a Maris.

Thanks for the compliment. DWR has had some very nice photo pennants over the years, but that Vince Lombardi banner is probably my favorite. I think it is probably the toughest as well, but the auction draw on that one would be crazy. Here is the Yaz you mentioned too. Not your example, but close enough. Jason

dwr11 03-13-2014 05:14 PM

That's the Yaz pennant I was referring to. Jason was able to find the Carew hanging pennant for me a few years ago and that one is not going anywhere for awhile.

thetahat 03-13-2014 08:26 PM

Not my most valuable, but ....

2 Attachment(s)
Probably my favorite. Not just that it shows a full-bodied astronaut, but that the astronaut looks like he is waiting for a bus. This is from what was probably the end of the run of Keezer pennants, perhaps right after the name change. Strange but very cool. I like the Keezer pennants, actually, they are identifiable by their very thick tassels, two-color designs, and double-stitching that doesn't come loose. And many are stamped on the back.

Keezer has two seperate Phillies versions, one of which is fantastic, picture to follow ...

lefty147 03-14-2014 08:59 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is another lefty batter type plus a couple of tough ones. Mike

Bumpus Jones 03-14-2014 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mike: Nice pennants! Here's the Reds version of the last one you posted. Have you seen any other teams represented? Anyone else feel free to chime in:)

Rob: I don't have nor have I seen any other Reds pennants with that type of swinging batter...

ooo-ribay 03-14-2014 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There was a lot of discussion a few pages back about player photo pennants - most commonly seen, I think, in Twins, Cubs, Angels and Dodgers. When I joined this board a few months ago, I had just acquired a Giants pennant that had never been seen before by myself or my fellow Giants collectors. I got it cheap with a Buy It Now. :D

I started a thread on it:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...viously+unseen

In the end, the seller told me this:

"The pennant is from the 1950's or 1960's it was in a storage room at WinCraft in Winona, MN. I received it from a relative who was cleaning out an old store room. I received it in 1982 but it is much much older. The other pennants with that look are from the late 1950's and early 1960's. For example I've seen a MN Twins pennant w/ a Harmon Killabrew card in it."

Mark (perezfan) told me he equates Wincraft with stiff modern pennants (as did I) but the company has apparently been around since 1961.

What makes it different from every other player photo pennant seen in this thread is the fact that mine is 30" long whereas all others seem to be 20" or 23". Mike Egner's book DOES mention a Mark Fidrych that is full sized...

ooo-ribay 03-14-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpus Jones (Post 1254050)

Rob: I don't have nor have I seen any other Reds pennants with that type of swinging batter...

Mark posted three examples on page 16. ;)

ooo-ribay 03-14-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetahat (Post 1253871)
Probably my favorite. Not just that it shows a full-bodied astronaut, but that the astronaut looks like he is waiting for a bus. This is from what was probably the end of the run of Keezer pennants, perhaps right after the name change. Strange but very cool. I like the Keezer pennants, actually, they are identifiable by their very thick tassels, two-color designs, and double-stitching that doesn't come loose. And many are stamped on the back.

Keezer has two seperate Phillies versions, one of which is fantastic, picture to follow ...

Hey Greg - I love that pennant....especially your "waiting for a bus" description :D. I will have to search my collection for Keezer pennants....I have a few that fit the bill (the Seals Stadium ones) but I have never noticed double stitching or a stamp on the back. Do you happen to know where Keezer was based?

jp1216 03-14-2014 11:42 AM

My favorite! No tassels, but great team colors!

http://www.billripken.com/bucket/brownies.jpg

jsage 03-14-2014 11:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Joe DiMaggio as a left handed batter..............
Obtained this pennant from a relative of Vic Raschi - Yankees pitcher with DiMaggio. Had been in a drawer for many years which explains it's mint condition.
Jerry Sage

PS - ooo-ribay - You Mays photo pennant is great.

Duluth Eskimo 03-14-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 1254074)
There was a lot of discussion a few pages back about player photo pennants - most commonly seen, I think, in Twins, Cubs, Angels and Dodgers. When I joined this board a few months ago, I had just acquired a Giants pennant that had never been seen before by myself or my fellow Giants collectors. I got it cheap with a Buy It Now. :D

I started a thread on it:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...viously+unseen

In the end, the seller told me this:

"The pennant is from the 1950's or 1960's it was in a storage room at WinCraft in Winona, MN. I received it from a relative who was cleaning out an old store room. I received it in 1982 but it is much much older. The other pennants with that look are from the late 1950's and early 1960's. For example I've seen a MN Twins pennant w/ a Harmon Killabrew card in it."

Mark (perezfan) told me he equates Wincraft with stiff modern pennants (as did I) but the company has apparently been around since 1961.

What makes it different from every other player photo pennant seen in this thread is the fact that mine is 30" long whereas all others seem to be 20" or 23". Mike Egner's book DOES mention a Mark Fidrych that is full sized...

I don't believe the Fidrych pennant was made by wincraft or related in any way to these earlier pennants. I wouldn't get stuck on the full size difference with this pennant versus the others. Did you ever post a photo of the back of your Mays pennant? Every one from these groups is clearly labeled with manufacturer, etc.

All of the smaller ones are very rare and if this was made by Wincraft or a subsidiary, it wouldn't surprise me if they also made a larger one. Wincraft did make larger team photo pennants. The biggest problem is that a lot of these are almost one of a kind with little to compare with.

Btw, the Mays pennant is awesome in any condition.

Duluth Eskimo 03-14-2014 05:47 PM

I didn't see the part in your first thread about never having a photo. It would make sense that it originated in Minnesota, but the full size sure is strange as well as the original owner saying it never had a photo. Possibly some pre production piece that was never intended for sale

perezfan 03-15-2014 03:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Mike...

Great catch on the Colt .45s also using that same Lefty Batter. That one slipped by everyone...

Also... I never realized that Jay Leno had a mohawk, and played for Milwaukee in his younger years. I do love that pennant, but the artist's rendition of the "Screamng Brave" Mascot doesn't exactly strike fear in the competition :p

lefty147 03-15-2014 10:06 AM

He does have some Leno features for sure.

ooo-ribay 03-15-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp1216 (Post 1254090)
My favorite! No tassels, but great team colors!

http://www.billripken.com/bucket/brownies.jpg

the same brownie the ST. LOUIS Browns used!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsage (Post 1254094)
Joe DiMaggio as a left handed batter..............
Obtained this pennant from a relative of Vic Raschi - Yankees pitcher with DiMaggio. Had been in a drawer for many years which explains it's mint condition.
Jerry Sage

Looks like you may have some stuff to show off in THIS thread: :D

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=166056

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo (Post 1254172)
I don't believe the Fidrych pennant was made by wincraft or related in any way to these earlier pennants. I wouldn't get stuck on the full size difference with this pennant versus the others. Did you ever post a photo of the back of your Mays pennant? Every one from these groups is clearly labeled with manufacturer, etc.

All of the smaller ones are very rare and if this was made by Wincraft or a subsidiary, it wouldn't surprise me if they also made a larger one. Wincraft did make larger team photo pennants. The biggest problem is that a lot of these are almost one of a kind with little to compare with.

Btw, the Mays pennant is awesome in any condition.

My full size has nothing on the back :confused:. Also....yes, I've seen the full size team photo pennants but on those, the cut-out is oriented horizontally not vertically like my Mays.

I was just super excited to get this. My buddy and Giants collecting nemesis has two pennants that I have never ever seen another of. I finally got one he'll probably never find! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1254418)

Also... I never realized that Jay Leno had a mohawk, and played for Milwaukee in his younger years. :p

throw him some "chin" music! :D

ooo-ribay 03-15-2014 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great jobs on the "lefty batter" examples!

Here's another motif I think they used for many, many teams. I personally never liked these pennants....which is probably why I never upgraded this example. :rolleyes:

perezfan 03-15-2014 02:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Those don't do much for me either.

Below are a few other rather generic series with motifs that were used by multiple teams. The last one pictured is by far the most common.

There's also another series with a large Batter superimposed against a Baseball Diamond. Can't locate any images right now, and don't have time to upload mine. But it's a pretty cool set.

ooo-ribay 03-16-2014 10:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
same guy, but with #2.

ooo-ribay 03-16-2014 10:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I couldn't resist this pennant for $17.31 on ebay :eek:. I already had an example but the strength of the 50 year color is amazing....plus, there is MORE color in the stadium than in my other example. Check out the cable car....how often do you see detail..."Municipal Railway"...like that?

perezfan 03-16-2014 12:33 PM

That one is from 1964. I know because my Dad came home from Candlestick Park, and gave that very one to my sister. I always liked it because of the Cable Car. Your Pennant is probably in nicer condition (after 50 years) than hers on Day 1. A beauty, especially for that price!

He brought me home the White One with the Batter, and my brother got the Black one with the Horizontal Bat and Ball (both of which are pictured on your wall).

One of my clearest memories as a 5 year old kid!

gnaz01 03-16-2014 01:23 PM

Giants

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one of my faves in my collection

Scott Garner 03-16-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnaz01 (Post 1255012)

Nothing wrong with a pennant featuring Matty! Very nice!!

Runscott 03-16-2014 05:48 PM

A huge 1915 pennant, and three Cuban.

ooo-ribay 03-16-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnaz01 (Post 1255012)

I would call that an Asian font....wonder why they went with that :confused:

ooo-ribay 03-16-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1255130)
A huge 1915 pennant, and three Cuban.

What does 1915 signify? :confused:

ooo-ribay 03-16-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1254991)

He brought me home the White One with the Batter

Pic? :confused:

gnaz01 03-16-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 1255142)
I would call that an Asian font....wonder why they went with that :confused:

Giants Tour of Japan

Runscott 03-16-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 1255143)
What does 1915 signify? :confused:

No telling - could be a high school or college graduating year. I've seen cabinet photos with 'year' pennants like this in front of a group of people - teams, etc. The reason I bought it was because I was collecting autographs of the 1915 Boston Red Sox and thought it would be an interesting piece to eventually put on the wall with framed photos and autographs scattered around it.

But like most of my projects, it likely won't happen.

tcornett 03-16-2014 08:14 PM

Pennants

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got around to taking some pictures of a few of my pennants.

2 of my favorite (non-Pirate) pennants

perezfan 03-16-2014 08:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 1255145)
Pic? :confused:

This one started the addiction (circled in red). My very first pennant.

Sorry, I borrowed your image... didn't have the time or patience to dig out mine!

tcornett 03-16-2014 08:25 PM

Pennants

5 Attachment(s)
I noticed this thread needs more Pirates, this should help.

thetahat 03-17-2014 04:36 AM

Hi Rob .... Keezer was based in Plaistow, NH. They seemed to make pennants from the mid 50s to mid 60s. Only team pennants, none that are dated, none with scroll.

ooo-ribay 03-17-2014 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcornett (Post 1255196)
Finally got around to taking some pictures of a few of my pennants.

2 of my favorite (non-Pirate) pennants

The font on the Athletics pennants is out of this world! I'm assuming Philly? What era, would you guess?

The team down south from SF had an identical pennant the following year....some had color added; some did not.

ooo-ribay 03-17-2014 08:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1255197)
This one started the addiction (circled in red). My very first pennant.

Sorry, I borrowed your image... didn't have the time or patience to dig out mine!

ahhh....this one. Definitely 1964 and a "one off' in that no other SF pennant looks even close. Just so ya know.....I have a picture of every one of my pennants because we moved in 2010 and I took pictures as I packed them up. :p

ooo-ribay 03-17-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetahat (Post 1255257)
Hi Rob .... Keezer was based in Plaistow, NH. They seemed to make pennants from the mid 50s to mid 60s. Only team pennants, none that are dated, none with scroll.

Thanks, Greg. If you get a chance, maybe you could post a pic....?

Runscott 03-17-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty147 (Post 1254033)
Here is another lefty batter type plus a couple of tough ones. Mike

I love your Colts pennant.

http://www.net54baseball.com/attachm...1&d=1394809101

perezfan 03-17-2014 10:04 AM

Tim:
Great Pirates Pennants :D

Rob:
Thanks for posting that pic. I guess the pennant doesn't look that extraordinary, but it's the quintessential SF Giants Pennant to me :p

tcornett 03-17-2014 10:32 AM

According to the pennant guide the Athletics is from about 1910. definitely Philly :) It is 3/4 sized with everything sewn on.

Tim

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 1255300)
The font on the Athletics pennants is out of this world! I'm assuming Philly? What era, would you guess?

The team down south from SF had an identical pennant the following year....some had color added; some did not.

tcornett 03-17-2014 11:13 AM

Thanks! Amazing what you find on these boards, right? :)

Always looking for more if you run into anything else!

Tim

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1255348)
Tim:
Great Pirates Pennants :D

Rob:
Thanks for posting that pic. I guess the pennant doesn't look that extraordinary, but it's the quintessential SF Giants Pennant to me :p

seattlerainiers 03-19-2014 10:33 AM

Japan Tour Pennnants

2 Attachment(s)
I posted these pics in the Japanese baseball thread too.

1. Here's a pic of a display I did in the late 1990s of 1949 SF Seals Japan tour artifacts. The Seals players were so showered with gifts by their hosts that they had to rent a cargo plane to bring it all back.

Sorry that the view of the pennant of the left side wall of the display is not good. Each player was given a customized pennant with his name sewn on, along with tour information. The silk flag/pennant on the main wall on top was attached to a car antenna in the parade that welcomed the players.

2. Pennant/Banner presented to Lefty O'Doul from the 1951 tour. Rough condition, but I'll take it...!

ooo-ribay 03-19-2014 12:28 PM

^^^^^ that is one beautiful display! :D

I wouldn't mind seeing single pictures of each and every item.

ooo-ribay 03-21-2014 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1254643)

There's also another series with a large Batter superimposed against a Baseball Diamond. Can't locate any images right now, and don't have time to upload mine. But it's a pretty cool set.

gotta bump this...who else has the "slider" for their team?

perezfan 03-21-2014 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They're all pretty common, with this one probably being the toughest...

ooo-ribay 03-21-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1256916)
They're all pretty common, with this one probably being the toughest...

Cool! Kind of a "negative" thing.

doug.goodman 03-22-2014 03:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my slider...

Note that while the art is very similar, it is definitely different.

ooo-ribay 03-22-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug.goodman (Post 1257288)
Here's my slider...

Note that while the art is very similar, it is definitely different.

I never was very good at the "find the differences" game :p but I don't see any...:confused:

doug.goodman 03-24-2014 02:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 1257315)
I never was very good at the "find the differences" game :p but I don't see any...:confused:

Just about every individual line is different, there are so many differences that it's hard for me not to see them.

The hats, the belts, the "dust", the creases in the uniforms, etc.

Look at the Yankees and Dodgers next to each other.

ooo-ribay 03-24-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug.goodman (Post 1258003)
Just about every individual line is different, there are so many differences that it's hard for me not to see them.

The hats, the belts, the "dust", the creases in the uniforms, etc.

Look at the Yankees and Dodgers next to each other.

Thanks for the side by side.

I'll give you the belts :p

mrkrab 03-25-2014 12:52 PM

giants and red sox sliders

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws....14e57d583f.JPG
http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws....4e65b63cec.JPG

perezfan 03-25-2014 01:19 PM

Finally, I can spot all the nuances and subtle differences in that Red Sox Pennant ^^^^^^^^^ :rolleyes:

Always wondered why they decided on the grey graphics against red felt. Not exactly the definition of perfect contrast, but nice examples none-the-less!

mrkrab 03-25-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1258384)
Finally, I can spot all the nuances and subtle differences in that Red Sox Pennant ^^^^^^^^^ :rolleyes:

Always wondered why they decided on the grey graphics against red felt. Not exactly the definition of perfect contrast, but nice examples none-the-less!

Here is a better view!!!http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws....abe253dd33.JPG

mrkrab 03-25-2014 03:29 PM

This is not baseball, but this is another 3D pennant made by collegiate of ames who made the Giants, Yankees and Dodgers 3d pennants. I can recall seeing any others like it.

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws....92631d746f.JPG

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws....afa115a3f6.JPG

ooo-ribay 03-27-2014 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkrab (Post 1258449)
This is not baseball, but this is another 3D pennant made by collegiate of ames who made the Giants, Yankees and Dodgers 3d pennants. I can recall seeing any others like it.

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws....92631d746f.JPG

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws....afa115a3f6.JPG

Beautiful!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 1257040)
Cool! Kind of a "negative" thing.

Here's another "negative" type. What would you guys date this at? The 6-panel cap should be a clue. I would have thought other teams used this image, but I haven't seen any.

Duluth Eskimo 03-27-2014 11:49 AM

I would say 1930's. I have seen some similar to that style from that mid to late 30's era. Might be a little newer, but not a whole lot.

Den*nis O*Brien 03-27-2014 02:25 PM

Two More Cuban Items

3 Attachment(s)
Adding to the Habana Lions previously shown...here are two more. I always liked the stitching and the manufacturer's tag. The SF Giants ceiling/wall display is terrific. Everybody has shown nice items. The Colt .45's really caught my eye. This is a fun thread!!

perezfan 03-27-2014 06:28 PM

Very cool Cuban Pennants. The embroidered graphics are awesome.

Agree that the 3/4 size NY Giants Pennant is from the 1930s. Always liked that one as well :)

perezfan 03-28-2014 12:20 AM

4 Attachment(s)
A few more Oversized, to keep the thread going....

perezfan 03-28-2014 12:23 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Some seldom-seen Bums...

perezfan 03-28-2014 12:39 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Pre-curse Cubbies!

Bumpus Jones 03-28-2014 07:18 AM

Amazing stuff Mark!

Den*nis O*Brien 03-28-2014 09:18 AM

House Of David

2 Attachment(s)
A pennant showing the highlights of the amusement park including the home baseball field. Following the incredible items, shown by perezfan, this is a very pedestrian offering.
Regarding the Cuban pennants...Thank you perezfan for the compliment. The other 3 team's pennants always seemed to be very scarce. I've never seen a Cienfuegos traditional style pennant.

lefty147 03-28-2014 08:08 PM

Mark, Love that 1932 Cubs one with early Mickey Mouse look.

Duluth Eskimo 03-28-2014 10:31 PM

I completely agree with Mike. That 1932 is way cool. Never seen that one before. The other ones are great, but I always like to see new stuff. A couple of those Bums are tough too. Jason

ooo-ribay 03-31-2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty147 (Post 1259800)
Mark, Love that 1932 Cubs one with early Mickey Mouse look.

Mickey Mouse was the first thing that came to my mind, too.

Who else wants to tour Mark's house? :raises hand:

ooo-ribay 04-08-2014 12:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just saw this pennant in the April Pickups thread. The Giants really cheaped out when they later won the NL Pennant. Maybe they would have produced something better if they'd have known it would be 27 years until their NEXT NL pennant...:rolleyes:

murphusa 04-08-2014 01:12 PM

would guess it was an outside the stadium vendor from back in the day who had left overs from the season and he stenciled the champs on the pennant.

Not a official Giants pennant.