Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Did they change the Ebay Authenticity packaging/presentation? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=346355)

G1911 02-15-2024 12:12 PM

Did they change the Ebay Authenticity packaging/presentation?

2 Attachment(s)
Looks like they've downgraded the presentation. No nice blue folder this time, but instead just seated in a cheaper tray. Maybe I just missed the change and am behind the times. I'm not a fan of the program but it seemed the presentation was a point in its favor people liked.

The "Void if damaged" sticker still does not work, it just peels up without leaving any evidence it was peeled, so it's still pointless as any kind of authentication. It would seem this should really be fixed if they are trying to use this service as an authoritative check.

D. Bergin 02-15-2024 01:41 PM

Damn, that's a nice Choynski!

Gorditadogg 02-15-2024 08:53 PM

Yep, they downgraded the presentation box. Good news is I have a whole bunch of the old ones if you need a few.

Leon 02-18-2024 06:54 PM

At the end of the day I just want my card. It can be in a PWE for all I care, as long as it gets to me in good shape.
Quote:

Originally Posted by G1911 (Post 2413196)
Looks like they've downgraded the presentation. No nice blue folder this time, but instead just seated in a cheaper tray. Maybe I just missed the change and am behind the times. I'm not a fan of the program but it seemed the presentation was a point in its favor people liked.

The "Void if damaged" sticker still does not work, it just peels up without leaving any evidence it was peeled, so it's still pointless as any kind of authentication. It would seem this should really be fixed if they are trying to use this service as an authoritative check.

Zach Wheat 02-19-2024 07:24 AM

I think it is more a matter of supply on hand...I just received one yesterday in the full blue "designer" box. Nice card.

tjisonline 02-22-2024 07:51 AM

eBay changed the box for non-SGC slabs & raw cards.

SGC graded cards still come in the presentation style display blue holder.

I notice this about 3 months ago. Assume you can still get a non-SGC slab in the display box.

TMKenKen 02-22-2024 09:28 AM

Bought 3 slabbed in the last 30 days from Ebay, All went through Authenticity. None came delivered with display box.

tbob 02-22-2024 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjisonline (Post 2414677)
eBay changed the box for non-SGC slabs & raw cards.

SGC graded cards still come in the presentation style display blue holder.

I notice this about 3 months ago. Assume you can still get a non-SGC slab in the display box.

Ah! Thanks I was wondering why my slabbed prewar cards were suddenly coming back in the tray and not the nice holder and case as before, it’s because they were PSA and not SGC.