Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Ebay user to block (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=253660)

bn2cardz 04-10-2018 02:35 PM

Ebay user to block
 
Posted here because I only see that this user deals with modern cards.

Ebay user: sals9087
Sal Saluccio

I have a Living Set on ebay. The user made an offer of $92. It was accepted. Then this exchange happened:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebay User sals9087
Not buying please cancel

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Response
It was already accepted. Ebay will auto open a non-paying case probably Thursday (I think it takes 3 days). Then if you don't pay it will be cancelled and you will receive your non-paying buyer mark at that time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebay User sals9087
You will receive Feedback accordingly. Thanks. Fix the issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Response
This issue is yours. You can fix it as soon as you pay. Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebay User sals9087
Nothing paying for an item I donít want. It wasnít a bid. You can very easily cancel it. But you want to extort me now. Ok. Letís see how that works...

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Response
Not extortion.

Stated clearly when you make an offer:

"By clicking Submit offer, you are agreeing to and entering into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller."

Again. Ebay will cancel the sale when you don't pay. At that time they will give you a non paying buyer strike. Then it will be over. Or you can pay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebay User sals9087
You didnít lose the sale because I won a bid. I asked you nicely if you could cancel yesterday. Iíve cancel customers orders if requested. But since you are going to go this route I hope you enjoy your upcoming feedback. Oh well. Letís see what happens

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Response
Sal Saluccio,

I would suggest you read the Feedback Extortion Policy for Ebay
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/f...policy?id=4230

Thank you for your business.

This wasn't the end, but now he has decided to use language I would rather not repeat.

Those that may be questioning why I won't cancel the sale, it is because I want him to get his deserved "Non-payer strike". I use those strikes to block bidders/buyers and wouldn't want to cheat other users from this benefit.

Also if I do cancel he can still leave a feedback because of the loophole in ebay that allows feedback if the Seller cancels the sale.

Hxcmilkshake 04-10-2018 03:29 PM

Sucks to be an ebay seller nowadays....I applaud your conviction but it will probably get you a negative. I would just cancel and move on. Until they click the pay button i just let em cancel. Like amazon and walmart I guess....

Ebay did all a real disservice changing their feedback system years ago. It takes away the checks and balances and is just totally heavily in favor of the "buyer".

I also wish you could leave feedback when sellers don't respond to buy it now offers. Common courtesy if I shoot you a message, ask a question, submit an offer , why not reply. If you don't like my offer you can change your settings to Auto decline it so you're not bothered.. Yet sellers like this have a 100% feedback. Blech!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

bn2cardz 04-10-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hxcmilkshake (Post 1766238)
Sucks to be an ebay seller nowadays....I applaud your conviction but it will probably get you a negative. I would just cancel and move on. Until they click the pay button i just let em cancel. Like amazon and walmart I guess....

Ebay did all a real disservice changing their feedback system years ago. It takes away the checks and balances and is just totally heavily in favor of the "buyer".

I also wish you could leave feedback when sellers don't respond to buy it now offers. Common courtesy if I shoot you a message, ask a question, submit an offer , why not reply. If you don't like my offer you can change your settings to Auto decline it so you're not bothered.. Yet sellers like this have a 100% feedback. Blech!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Ebay has already been contacted and they assured me the buyer won't be able to leave me a negative feedback and they are going to monitor his account and possibly suspend it due to some extra threats that followed. Also he has been blocked from my account.

Jenx34 04-10-2018 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hxcmilkshake (Post 1766238)
Sucks to be an ebay seller nowadays....I applaud your conviction but it will probably get you a negative. I would just cancel and move on. Until they click the pay button i just let em cancel. Like amazon and walmart I guess....

Ebay did all a real disservice changing their feedback system years ago. It takes away the checks and balances and is just totally heavily in favor of the "buyer".

I also wish you could leave feedback when sellers don't respond to buy it now offers. Common courtesy if I shoot you a message, ask a question, submit an offer , why not reply. If you don't like my offer you can change your settings to Auto decline it so you're not bothered.. Yet sellers like this have a 100% feedback. Blech!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

What kind of response/message does someone that makes an offer get when their offer is auto-declined? I also set up the Best Offer with auto accept and auto decline #'s with room in-between for negotiation. But always wondered what the "buyer" receives when a # is auto-declined.

dclarkraiders 04-10-2018 11:53 PM

Andy,

I applaud you for taking a stand against this individual. They need to be held accountable.

Duane Clark

seanofjapan 04-11-2018 01:11 AM

Good for you for not taking that (and I say this as someone who has never sold on Ebay).

You had me on your side at him saying "Not buying please cancel". Just so presumptuous and rude, he should have been apologizing profusely for cancelling rather than casually telling you to do something.

bobbyw8469 04-11-2018 06:15 AM

Quote:

Those that may be questioning why I won't cancel the sale, it is because I want him to get his deserved "Non-payer strike". I use those strikes to block bidders/buyers and wouldn't want to cheat other users from this benefit.
There are ways around the NPB strike. I had a person win an auction, JBVEGAS10. After the auction, he claimed some bullcrap story about not liking the spider wrinkles on the back, even though I clearly showed pictures of them and described the card as "GOOD". The way around the NPB strike is to pay the auction, then immediately say you want a refund and threaten to return to due to "not as described"....the best advice is to block, out them and move on.

Peter_Spaeth 04-11-2018 09:12 AM

A lesser annoyance, but I love when you go back and forth with someone in real time on a best offer, you accept their offer, then they take 5-8 days to pay you.

bn2cardz 04-11-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1766367)
There are ways around the NPB strike. I had a person win an auction, JBVEGAS10. After the auction, he claimed some bullcrap story about not liking the spider wrinkles on the back, even though I clearly showed pictures of them and described the card as "GOOD". The way around the NPB strike is to pay the auction, then immediately say you want a refund and threaten to return to due to "not as described"....the best advice is to block, out them and move on.

I saw that thread. It is scary how many loopholes there are.

I do feel there are some protections for the seller, but you have to call ebay as soon as possible to get ahead of it, which is a headache.

I have been in constant communication with Ebay about this user. It is actually the first time I have contacted to report a member, but this guy got really bad after my last shared post above. I stopped responding as it was becoming cyclical.

The strange thing is that the Non Payer Strike doesn't even have any noticeable affects if it is just one. I have had non payers, I have gotten used to it, but never have had someone so upset about that strike before.

bn2cardz 04-11-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1766386)
A lesser annoyance, but I love when you go back and forth with someone in real time on a best offer, you accept their offer, then they take 5-8 days to pay you.

I have thought about stopping the best offer because they don't require instant payment when the offer is accepted. I have had more non paying issues with Best Offer listings than with auctions.

As a matter of fact, because of this issue above and paranoid he was using a second account, when I received an offer on a lot yesterday. I just removed the best offer and put the listing to that offer amount, then messaged the user stating if they wanted the listing at that price they could purchase directly. That way the listing was still there, but now at their offer price. So if they didn't pay it was still available to anyone that would (they did purchase and pay a few hours later).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.