Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Tough Active MLB Players (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=244524)

Johnny630 09-04-2017 07:39 AM

Tough Active MLB Players

Good morning and happy Labor Day to all. Does anyone know who are toughie autograph's to obtain of active duty players? I know from my own personal experience that Zach Greinke is very tough was wondering who is is difficult.

Thanks

Topnotchsy 09-04-2017 11:39 AM

While some players may be harder to get in person, I am not sure anyone is rare. There are thousands of Greinke signed autograph cards out there from Topps, Upper Deck etc.

Johnny630 09-04-2017 03:48 PM

I agree there are, I was talking about in person or through the mail.

MrSeven 09-05-2017 01:16 AM

Zack Greinke is actually a really reserved sort of person. I think a lot of fans think he's somewhat arrogant because of fan interaction but it seems like he just wants to go out and play baseball.

Johnny630 09-05-2017 02:52 PM

I agree ! He is good guy just quiet

D. Bergin 09-05-2017 03:35 PM

Doesn't Greinke also have a well documented case of Social Anxiety Disorder going all the way back to his minor league days? That would help explain his limited interactions.

Reminds me little bit of Jim Eisenreich back in the day, who was eventually diagnosed with Tourette's.

Big Six 09-05-2017 04:26 PM

Greinke is a good egg. Seems to have managed his social anxiety very well and is thriving 10+ years in the league. Saw him when he was a rookie at Royals spring training and there were a bunch of us looking to get his autograph. He was shagging balls in the outfield and not really acknowledging the requests...those guys really changed tones and started giving him a rough time. They eventually left and I was the only guy left...the practice wound down and he came over near me in left field to retrieve a few stray balls. I called over to him and told him I was sorry folks were giving him a hard time and not to hold it against everyone looking for autographs. He called me over, said thanks for understanding and asked for my ball and pen...got a sweet spot ball for being patient and polite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrSeven 09-05-2017 05:54 PM

From what I've been told he's just kinda shy with people he doesn't know. By virtue of other players he's a hell of a great teammate.

packs 09-06-2017 07:53 AM

Jurickson Profar had a horrible reputation when I was at Rangers camp a few years ago. He was still a top prospect then. I heard more than one fan describe him as human garbage. Not sorry his career is where it is.

I've always found Verlander to be impossible too. Even when he was a rookie he ignored people. Tigers camp has always been one of the most accessible and fan friendly camps and I have never seen Verlander sign one autograph.

MrSeven 09-06-2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 1698331)
I have never seen Verlander sign one autograph.

Aren't some players under contract to only sign autographs for a particular company? Maybe that is the case.

shelly 09-06-2017 10:11 AM

That is no reason to turn down a little kid. It is their way of just shinning you off.

packs 09-06-2017 10:13 AM

My understanding is that such an agreement would only limit the player from signing on the sweet spot or making inscriptions. For example, nearly every Yankee is under an agreement with Steiner. I would see Jeter turn baseballs and sign on the side panel when he signed in person.

tazdmb 09-06-2017 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSeven (Post 1698390)
Aren't some players under contract to only sign autographs for a particular company? Maybe that is the case.

Usually only applies to paid signings and inscriptions. Players can sign for free. Verlander was known in Detroit to sign:

1) at Tigerfest, last year left early before his assigned one hour was done
2) First day of Pitchers and Catchers in Spring Training

Other than that, he was TOUGH. I know first hand he turned all attempts at paid signings. DC had him at the beginning of his career and he hated it.

packs 09-06-2017 11:40 AM

I've spent a lot of time at Cardinals camp too and have never seen Yadier Molina sign even one autograph.

Scott Garner 09-07-2017 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazdmb (Post 1698413)
Usually only applies to paid signings and inscriptions. Players can sign for free. Verlander was known in Detroit to sign:

1) at Tigerfest, last year left early before his assigned one hour was done
2) First day of Pitchers and Catchers in Spring Training

Other than that, he was TOUGH. I know first hand he turned all attempts at paid signings. DC had him at the beginning of his career and he hated it.

I couldn't agree with you more Taz.
BTW, the ONLY times that I was ever successful getting Verlander was at Tigersfest (in 2008) and at the DC Sports paid signing event when I brought my kids.

HRBAKER 09-07-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 1698428)
I've spent a lot of time at Cardinals camp too and have never seen Yadier Molina sign even one autograph.

He has been pretty decent in the past in my experience when was in Kissimee to play the Braves. It's been several years since I have tried to get him.

packs 09-07-2017 01:40 PM

I've never been to the games, only practice.

bigfanNY 09-07-2017 07:23 PM

Ichiro has never signed for me in person. Always smiles and is polite but never signs..not in Florida or here in N.Y..

dgo71 09-07-2017 07:48 PM

Ichiro was the best signer I saw all spring his first year with the Marlins. He signed by the fence around the players parking lot every day when he was leaving. He definitely had his routine down but if you were by the corner of the fence when he left and had good position you could get him multiple times. I'm sure in the overall scheme of things he's a fairly tough graph to get but he was a champ that spring.

packs 09-21-2017 07:54 AM

Read this amusing article about Pat Neshek failing to get Zack Greinke's autograph and calling Greinke a "turd"

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...autograph-snub