Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jackie Robinson 1950-56 Copyart submission (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=348424)

rlevy 04-15-2024 04:27 PM

Jackie Robinson 1950-56 Copyart submission

Looking for some advice here. I submitted a JR Copyart 1950-56 postcard to PSA thinking it would get a 1 or 2 with the thought of having it sent over and auctioned in Goldin's weekly auction. While I thought it looked nice, I always get lower grades than I expect, but to my surprise it is a 3.5. Out of 43 graded, only 5 are higher.

So my question: is Goldin an okay place for this, or should I send it to PWCC or somewhere else? I only have the one card for sale, so I don't expect many auction companies will get too excited. I have no idea for a price, so I don't want to list it in B/S/T.

thanks for any input. I need to make a decision before it completes the grading process in entirety.

Rick

raulus 04-15-2024 05:50 PM

I'm not sure it makes that much of a difference where you send it. There are multiple reputable AHs in the industry, most of which would probably be as good as any other. I'd pick the AH that you trust to take care of you, not bury your item, and has fees that you find reasonable.

My best guess is that this piece might bring $1,000 to $2,000 at auction, in terms of total cost to the buyer. As a result, the range of outcomes is unlikely to be too huge. If you want more control over how much it brings, then you can always list it here under the B/S/T. Or you can list it on eBay with a BIN price that works for you, or a high enough starting bid that you can live with.

Just keep in mind that it might sit for a while on the B/S/T or eBay, depending on how much you ask for it.

CardPadre 04-15-2024 06:46 PM

Here’s a probably useful comp on a PSA 4 from September.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...b21c555dca.jpg

rlevy 04-16-2024 07:38 AM

Thanks all good advice. I may have it sent to me to list here or on ebay.

Rick

irv 04-18-2024 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlevy (Post 2427069)
Thanks all good advice. I may have it sent to me to list here or on ebay.

Rick

Looking forward to seeing a pic/scan of it if that's what you plan on doing?

rlevy 04-19-2024 10:54 AM

They had already sent it to the vault immediately after grading, so I never had a chance to change the delivery to me. It goes live next Tuesday.

Rick

rlevy 04-19-2024 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's the scan from their website:
Attachment 618682

irv 04-19-2024 12:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlevy (Post 2427879)
here's the scan from their website:
Attachment 618682

Thank you!
I was wondering if it was a blank back or actually had post card written on it.
My copy is a blank bank so I was just trying to keep a handle on its current value today.
Good luck with the auction. :)

JollyElm 04-19-2024 03:16 PM

For anyone who finds it pertinent, there is a significant cropping difference in these cards.

The 'version' shown in posts #3 and #8 has much more room on the left side (most visible by looking at his hand and following it down to where his lumber disappears) than the one in post #7, where his knuckles practically scrape the border and there's no extra room next to the bat.

CardPadre 04-19-2024 03:22 PM

Jackie Robinson 1950-56 Copyart submission

I didn’t know PSA would label it JJK Copyart if it didn’t have that specific branding on the back. I believe it is thought that the more generic postcard back was possibly/probably made by JJK but I didn’t know it was certain enough that PSA would label those anything beyond “Real Photo Postcard.”

sflayank 04-20-2024 09:35 AM

PSA should not label it jjk copyart
Same for olmes, dormand, graphic arts, etc etc etc
Unmarked cards were simply distributed by anyone