Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Ken Griffey Jr. Signed Baseball, does it appear authentic? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=345434)

jtlee321 01-24-2024 04:51 AM

Ken Griffey Jr. Signed Baseball, does it appear authentic?

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone! I'm new to these boards. I've been collecting sports cards, coins and currency for years.

I just decided to pick up a couple of autographs from a local shop, a Nolan Ryan and a Ken Griffey Jr. I'm very familiar with Nolan Ryan's signature and know it's genuine. But I have a question on the Ken Griffey Jr. auto. I'd like to know what you guys think of it. There is a local card show coming up this weekend and JSA will be onsite doing authentications. I wanted to see if you guys thought it was genuine and worth submitting for a LOA?

Thank you for your time and opinions.

SyrNy1960 01-24-2024 05:22 AM

100% authentic!

WhatsNext 01-24-2024 09:27 AM

It's good.

Would only submit for a basic COA, not the (more expensive) LOA.

jtlee321 01-24-2024 06:28 PM

Thank you for your responses. I will be submitting it this weekend along with the Nolan Ryan ball.

Southpaw85 01-25-2024 08:23 AM

Based on research and recent Net54 feedback from a Jr. Griffey I recently shared, it appears authentic. Furthermore - from what I came across online, and I ask you not quote me on this - it is an early/mid career signature, likely '95 or earlier. I say this due to the left to right intro stroke to his "K", which seems to have disappeared in later years. What type of ball is it on? While not conclusive, this might provide some insight on when it was signed.

Please keep us posted with authentication - best of luck

jtlee321 01-25-2024 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Southpaw85 (Post 2407806)
Based on research and recent Net54 feedback from a Jr. Griffey I recently shared, it appears authentic. Furthermore - from what I came across online, and I ask you not quote me on this - it is an early/mid career signature, likely '95 or earlier. I say this due to the left to right intro stroke to his "K", which seems to have disappeared in later years. What type of ball is it on? While not conclusive, this might provide some insight on when it was signed.

I was kinda thinking the same about it being an early signature. The ball is an Official American League Bobby Brown ball.

5-Tool Player 01-26-2024 06:37 PM

Yes Sir ! Good

jtlee321 01-28-2024 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southpaw85 (Post 2407806)

I took the Nolan Ryan and Ken Griffey Jr. baseballs to the Virginia Beach card show yesterday. I dropped them off for authentication with JSA and they both came back authenticated! Pretty happy with the results! Thank you guys for confirming my feelings on the KGJ.

SyrNy1960 01-28-2024 12:41 PM

Do you live in Virginia Beach? I live in Great Bridge Chesapeake.

jtlee321 01-28-2024 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SyrNy1960 (Post 2408612)
Do you live in Virginia Beach? I live in Great Bridge Chesapeake.

Yes, I'm in Virginia Beach. Not far from NAS Oceana.

SyrNy1960 01-29-2024 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtlee321 (Post 2408711)
Yes, I'm in Virginia Beach. Not far from NAS Oceana.

Glad everything worked out for you! Congrats!