Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Scary Possibility with PSA holders (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=64938)

Archive 04-06-2004 12:00 AM

Scary Possibility with PSA holders

Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I just received a PSA 4 T206 Wallace that appeared at first glance to be trimmed, but my second thought was that it can not because the card fits snugly into the space allotted for the card. So I sized it up to other cards I have and it appears smaller. I then got the ruler out and it measuresreally close to being short. I could not figure out how this card fit so nicely into the holder, so I compared it to the few other PSA holdered T206s and the spacee where the card sits is larger on all the other holders.<BR><BR>Now for the scary thought, Does PSA have holders for cards they know are trimmed to make them fit nicer into the holders and not make it so obvious that the card has been trimmed?<BR><BR>The serial #11667689, did they change the size of there resting area recently? This would not make sense since any card slightly larger would be damaged being put into the holder.<BR><BR>Does anyone else out there have any PSA holders with different sized resting areas?

Archive 04-07-2004 11:42 PM

Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>OK, guys I now you have PSA graded T206s does anyone else have any that have different sized areas that hold the cards?

Archive 04-07-2004 11:50 PM

Posted By: <b>Bill Cornell</b><p><i>"Does PSA have holders for cards they know are trimmed to make them fit nicer into the holders and not make it so obvious that the card has been trimmed?"</i><BR><BR>Lee - If that was true, why would they put cards in those sleeves where the card looks like it's in swimming in an aquarium? Describing PSA as devious is overreaching - they're too lazy.

Archive 04-08-2004 12:08 AM

Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Wasn't the comdom holders a old way of holdering the smaller cards? I do not bid on any PSA cards in thos holders.

Archive 04-08-2004 12:14 AM

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I thought the condom holders were used for caramel cards and other issues too large for the t206/5 holder?<BR><BR>Jay

Archive 04-08-2004 10:54 AM

Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>In all fairness to PSA, T206 cards come in many sizes and factory cut that way, not trimmed. Maybe to further protect the card from sliding and damaging it, PSA may have created a smaller internal area.<br><br>I find it hard to believe that they would do that to purposely slab trimmed cards.

Archive 04-08-2004 11:07 AM

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I highly doubt PSA has custome holders the way that the SGC insets can be customized. Having said that, if PSA is knowingly is grading trimmed cards and wants to try and cover up the evidence, then the logical thing to do is get some new holders made that are slightly smaller to make it appear that the cards are full sized.<BR><BR>If they were truely concerned about small t206s swimming around in a normal holder for t206s, then why not create a holder for caramel cards too?<BR><BR>Jay