Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Anyone Else Collecting a 1987 Topps Autographed Set? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=201961)

dgo71 02-25-2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmopar (Post 1384698)
Any chance you could help on a Noe Munoz?

Sorry, he never had any mainstream cards so I never got him on anything. :(

mrmopar 02-28-2015 10:46 PM

Thanks. I meant if you had a mexico connection, perhaps there was a chance to get him in the future. I believe Munoz is still quite active down there with baseball. I tried to reach him through a Facebook group, but received no reply. I saw a blogger collector got him through the mail a while back and sounded like he was really a nice guy, but not sure if there are any current addresses floating around for him. Need him for the dodger auto project and the only 2 on ebay in the last 6-12 months are from the same seller and it's a 3x5 for $30 (OBO) and a really cool, but expensive custom for $99 (OBO). I want him, but not at those prices!!

I don't have any cards for him, but he does have a minor league card. If I knew I had a chance to get his signature, I'd track down the card. Probably should get the card anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgo71 (Post 1384719)
Sorry, he never had any mainstream cards so I never got him on anything. :(

dgo71 03-01-2015 12:08 AM

I'll keep you in mind the next time my friend goes down there. I'm sure he'll be making 2 or 3 trips.

I actually know the guy who makes those custom cards but I don't know that seller. The gentleman who makes those customs is an active online trader that I've dealt with before, and actually got a ton of early Mexican signatures from. The seller is probably someone he trades with. I can try to contact him to see if he has any extras, he usually prints several of the customs when he makes them.

roarfrom34 03-01-2015 12:31 PM

I have a 87T signed Randy Myers that is currently @ PSA being slabbed (blue flip)

dgo71 03-02-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmopar (Post 1385894)
Need him for the dodger auto project and the only 2 on ebay in the last 6-12 months are from the same seller and it's a 3x5 for $30 (OBO) and a really cool, but expensive custom for $99 (OBO). I want him, but not at those prices!!

I contacted the guy who made the customs and he had 5 left, so I was able to negotiate for one at a far more reasonable price. As an aside, he knew the seller on eBay and suspects that he obtained that card directly from Munoz himself, as when the guy who made the custom got them signed he gave Noe a bunch of extras. Apparently the seller is an active collector who makes several trips to Mexico and holds signings with the ex-players. PM sent.

mrmopar 03-02-2015 09:16 PM

Awesome, PM sent!! Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgo71 (Post 1386403)
I contacted the guy who made the customs and he had 5 left, so I was able to negotiate for one at a far more reasonable price. As an aside, he knew the seller on eBay and suspects that he obtained that card directly from Munoz himself, as when the guy who made the custom got them signed he gave Noe a bunch of extras. Apparently the seller is an active collector who makes several trips to Mexico and holds signings with the ex-players. PM sent.

CooperstownExpert 11-27-2015 01:55 PM

Have 5 signed sets, looking to trade one

I'd love to trade a signed set. I've got Topps sets from 1985, 86, and 87 and the 87 Fleer and 86 Donruss. It's almost all the same players. Would love to chat with someone who has a complete or near complete set of another year. Figuring out a trade would be wonderful.

Topps206 12-01-2015 09:43 PM

I currently have 184/792 signed.

baseball tourist 12-03-2015 08:47 AM

If anyone is breaking up an 1986 Topps set, I am looking for a handful of Blue Jays cards. Thanks!

Topps206 12-03-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baseball tourist (Post 1478210)
If anyone is breaking up an 1986 Topps set, I am looking for a handful of Blue Jays cards. Thanks!

I don't really break up sets, but maybe I can help you obtain them should you specify who you're looking for.