Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Boxing / Wrestling Cards & Memorabilia Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Tyson Fury (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=214891)

aaroncc 12-04-2015 10:11 PM

Tyson Fury

Curious everyone's thoughts on the new Heavyweight Champion Tyson Fury? Who is going to win the rematch? Does anybody care?

D. Bergin 12-04-2015 10:45 PM

Horrible, horrible fight. Fury doesn't inspire and Wlad can't pull the trigger anymore. They might have to pay fans to watch the rematch.

aaroncc 12-05-2015 08:48 AM

I will watch it in hopes Fury get's knocked out. He is a poor excuse for Heavyweight Champion. Fury has height and........... Would like to see Deontay Wilders uppercut land and bring Fury back to reality.

th38larg 12-05-2015 08:12 PM

Just watched the replay last night. Was genuinely surprised to see Klitschko look small in the ring compared to his opponent. I think the experience of fighting someone significantly larger and the natural process of aging led to the defeat. To Fury's credit, he came in with a specific game plan, executed it throughout the fight and probably gave the peak effort his skill set would allow. The same cannot be said for Klitschko.

Writehooks 12-07-2015 12:42 AM

Wlad looked like he was fighting in quicksand ... which gave the illusion of Fury having fast hands. Happiest guy on the planet has to be Wilder, but it looks like the rematch might happen before he can lower the boom. Either way, Fury is a caretaker titleholder ... but I'm getting a good chuckle from some of the Brit bloggers referring to him as "a champion for the ages."

D. Bergin 12-07-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Writehooks (Post 1479413)
Wlad looked like he was fighting in quicksand ... which gave the illusion of Fury having fast hands. Happiest guy on the planet has to be Wilder, but it looks like the rematch might happen before he can lower the boom. Either way, Fury is a caretaker titleholder ... but I'm getting a good chuckle from some of the Brit bloggers referring to him as "a champion for the ages."

:D Gotta give them their moment in the sun though. If you consider Lennox Lewis Canadian, or Jamaican, or whatever...........he's gotta be their best Heavyweight since Frank Bruno.

..........unless I'm forgetting somebody else, and I very well might be.

D. Bergin 12-07-2015 12:25 PM

I think Vitali of just a few years ago would have whipped Fury. He was always better at controlling space then Wlad.

Out of necessity, Manny Steward taught Wlad how to lean on guys to keep out of trouble on the inside. He was essentially teaching him now to fight like Lennox Lewis, but it eventually morphed into something closer to the John Ruiz style, and Wlad has been using it as a crutch lately, because it has gotten him wins, and he could still hurt guys with his right hand when he would occasionally land.

Now, he can't even pull the trigger on the right, and his leverage on his left hook has nearly disappeared.