Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The weird &*$#! That runs through my head... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=260604)

Aquarian Sports Cards 10-03-2018 07:42 PM

The weird &*$#! That runs through my head...

Do you think Hank Allen ever considered playing in Japan just to hear himself announced as Hank Aaron?

How about you? What weirdness lurks in your brain?

SAllen2556 10-04-2018 05:46 AM

I have a long commute to work. This pops in my head usually once a day.....

A guy comes home from work in the middle of the day and catches his wife in bed with another man. He pulls out a gun and shoots them both dead. A horrible, tragic event, but I do understand why the guy did it. I don't agree with it, but I understand it.

But why someone cruises in the far left lane of a 3 or 4 lane wide freeway without passing someone - that is something I just can't wrap my brain around. Why? What possible rational explanation can there be? THE LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING! Do you enjoy getting tailgated? Do you enjoy getting cut off as cars swerve around you? Do you enjoy blocking 10 cars behind you when there's traffic? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!

I want to follow the person home and just politely ask them, "why?" Just give me some sort of rational explanation so I can get on with my life.....

Bill77 10-04-2018 07:56 AM

Ever since the Ice T/Lemonade commercial I have often wondered if Ice T drinks his body weight in lemonade would he become Arnold Palmer?

bnorth 10-04-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAllen2556 (Post 1817256)
I have a long commute to work. This pops in my head usually once a day.....

A guy comes home from work in the middle of the day and catches his wife in bed with another man. He pulls out a gun and shoots them both dead. A horrible, tragic event, but I do understand why the guy did it. I don't agree with it, but I understand it.

But why someone cruises in the far left lane of a 3 or 4 lane wide freeway without passing someone - that is something I just can't wrap my brain around. Why? What possible rational explanation can there be? THE LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING! Do you enjoy getting tailgated? Do you enjoy getting cut off as cars swerve around you? Do you enjoy blocking 10 cars behind you when there's traffic? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!

I want to follow the person home and just politely ask them, "why?" Just give me some sort of rational explanation so I can get on with my life.....

I asked 2 people about this. One is my cousin who lives in a big city with a lot of 3,4, and 5 lane roads. The other was a friend who I was riding with that lives in a little town.

Both gave me the same answer. Driving in the right lane scares the hell out of them because of all the people getting on and off the road.

I am with you if you are driving in the left lane speed up or get the hell out of the way.:)

clydepepper 10-04-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1817207)
Do you think Hank Allen ever considered playing in Japan just to hear himself announced as Hank Aaron?

Since I laughed out loud, I have to chalk that up as a guilty pleasure!

Aquarian Sports Cards 10-04-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill77 (Post 1817277)
Ever since the Ice T/Lemonade commercial I have often wondered if Ice T drinks his body weight in lemonade would he become Arnold Palmer?

That's the spirit!

The-Cardfather 10-04-2018 08:04 PM

Everyone knows that Clark Kent wears his Superman suit under his regular clothes. But where does he keep his cape? Doesn't it get all bunched-up at his rear end?

These are the types of questions that keep me awake at night.

samosa4u 10-07-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1817207)

Too much to write about

familytoad 10-08-2018 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cardfather (Post 1817436)
Everyone knows that Clark Kent wears his Superman suit under his regular clothes. But where does he keep his cape? Doesn't it get all bunched-up at his rear end?

These are the types of questions that keep me awake at night.

I’ll find out for you. I know a guy who knows a guy...
It’s an excellent question ;)

RedsFan1941 10-08-2018 05:59 PM

why did the Flintstones celebrate Christmas?

cardinalcollector 10-09-2018 08:38 AM

How do you throw away a trash can?

1952boyntoncollector 10-09-2018 09:54 AM

why cant punters wait to get tackled and while falling to ground on angle kick the ball one yard by barely touching ball.....since the ball wasnt blocked isnt that roughing the kicker..

steve B 10-09-2018 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1818431)
why cant punters wait to get tackled and while falling to ground on angle kick the ball one yard by barely touching ball.....since the ball wasnt blocked isnt that roughing the kicker..

Other than that the next time it most certainly WILL be roughing the kicker...

That's brilliant!

There must be some finer point of the rule.

1952boyntoncollector 10-09-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 1818482)
Other than that the next time it most certainly WILL be roughing the kicker...

That's brilliant!

There must be some finer point of the rule.

i was wondering if you could even kick it backwards but assumed it had to go forward. Quarterbacks all the time are getting hit then throw the ball last second...its real easy to kick a ball on either foot away from a tackler an inch..

Tennis13 10-12-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalcollector (Post 1818419)
How do you throw away a trash can?

I have always taken satisfaction in the fact that my trash bags come in a box that ends up being thrown away in one of those trash bags.

CobbSpikedMe 10-12-2018 05:57 PM

Why do we drive on the Parkway and park in the driveway?

dabigyankeeman 10-31-2018 01:29 PM

Coming from Brooklyn, the last generation or so used to pronounce the "OY" sound as "UR', and reversed it and pronounced the "UR" sound as "OY", so if WAITE HOYT GOT HURT, a person from Brooklyn back then would say WAITE HURT GOT HOYT!!!!!!!

irv 11-01-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe (Post 1819319)
Why do we drive on the Parkway and park in the driveway?

Why are the benches where people sit called stands?

MarcosCards 11-02-2018 01:50 PM

Church Pews

Why do people sit at the very end of church pews - and make you climb over them in order for you to sit in the pew. I sometimes make a point to sit right next to them - our bodies almost touching.;)

The-Cardfather 11-03-2018 12:38 AM

Why is it when two planes almost hit each other it is called a "near miss?" Shouldn't it be called a "near hit?"

Why do we say that an alarm clock "goes off" when it begins ringing?

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

Aquarian Sports Cards 11-03-2018 07:21 AM

Why is it so many board members assume they're the only ones who've ever listened to Steven Wright... :)

clydepepper 11-03-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1824338)
Why is it so many board members assume they're the only ones who've ever listened to Steven Wright... :)

I was wondering how long it would take to mention him...:D....kind of like waiting until you're eight-years-old before having a birthmark. :D

chalupacollects 11-03-2018 04:12 PM

I have a friend who is an AM radio DJ. When we drive together and go into a tunnel, I can't hear him.

tschock 11-06-2018 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1824338)

Or George Carlin. Some of these are before Wright's time.