Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone know anything about this grading company? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=80755)

Archive 04-10-2006 10:45 PM

Anyone know anything about this grading company?

Posted By: <b>Tim Newcomb</b><p>Arrowgrade, apparently a subsidiary of William Tell Authenticating. <br /><br />I know nothing about them myself. I may be negotiating for some things graded by them, so I'd appreciate any opinions.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Tim

Archive 04-11-2006 12:43 AM

Posted By: <b>Jim F</b><p>Tim. I doubt anyone else does either. Jim.

Archive 04-11-2006 08:23 AM

Posted By: <b>Steve M.</b><p>Never heard of it. <br /><br />Why would you consider having material graded by an unknown company? When buying graded cards I give great weight to the grading company. SGC is number 1. I try not to buy PSA cards unless I have to. GAI is up and coming. Beckett, I don't see much vintage there. CSA, no way. <br /><br />Is their grading fee so attractive that you would risk turning potential buyers off? Or. are you doing it just to have your cards encapsulated for your collection with no thought of ever selling them?<br /><br />Chris, thanks for the clarification. I misread his post. Bottom line, RUN!!!

Archive 04-11-2006 08:30 AM

Posted By: <b>Chris Bland</b><p>I think tim is saying that he may be buying something that has already been graded by this company, not looking to have them grade his stuff.<br /><br />I have seen a couple items for sale on ebay graded by them - I think they are in the same mold as Pro - what I saw was clearly trimmed.

Archive 04-11-2006 08:37 AM

Posted By: <b>Jeff</b><p>Here is their site.<br /><br />Good for a laugh anyway.<br /><br /><a href="http://www.arrowgrade.com/" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.arrowgrade.com/</a>

Archive 04-11-2006 04:33 PM

Posted By: <b>Jeff</b><p>Just got this and thought it really funny.<br /><br />"Hey Jeff,<br />What have you accomplished in your life?? I guess very little since you spend your "life" in chat rooms.<br />Frank Garo<br />Arrowgrade"<br /><br />LOL!!!

Archive 04-11-2006 04:39 PM

Posted By: <b>Richard Simon</b><p>Frank Garo was part of the HBO test on their undercover report on the autograph hobby, on the Real Sports show.<br />He had five forgeries submitted to him. He issued COA's for three of them.<br /><br />--<br><br>I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.<br />Unknown author <br />--<br />We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.<br />No retreat baby, no surrender.<br />The Boss

Archive 04-11-2006 04:45 PM

Posted By: <b>Charlie O'Neal</b><p>I finally have a place to send all my 1988 Fleer cards to be placed in toploaders. 3 bucks is a little expensive though considering 1988 fleer being a dime for every 4 dozen. He should of at least put up a better card for his sales pitch, but then again he was probably to busy consulting with Topps and Fleer instead of learning something called marketing.

Archive 04-11-2006 06:36 PM

Posted By: <b>Richard Simon</b><p>I too received an e mail from Arrowgrade@aol.com. <br />Here it is:<br /><br />"I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with someone who in effect thinks a trashy TV program, based on the rantings of a convicted criminal, lends credence to his inadequate abilities." <br /> <br />Oh, I know, he paid the money back. That makes it "okay"<br /> <br />"No surrender baby!" U.S. Grant <br /> <br />"People who spend their life in chat rooms bragging about themselves should look in a mirror and realize there is nothing worth bragging about." Frank Garo<br /><br /><br />When I attempted to answer it I got a message from AOL that stated this member is refusing to accept e mail.<br />However the e mail address on the arrowgrade website is not an AOL address.<br />My opinion of Mr. Garo aside, I suspect that Mr. Garo might not be sending those e mails.<br /><br />--<br /><br />I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.<br />Unknown author <br />--<br />We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.<br />No retreat baby, no surrender.<br />The Boss

Archive 04-11-2006 07:04 PM

Posted By: <b>Jeff</b><p>I'm kinda leaning towards that it's not him as well. <br /><br />These emails sound more like a child that thinks it's funny impersonating others.

Archive 04-11-2006 07:08 PM

Posted By: <b>Joann</b><p>But ... wouldn't that almost make it a member of this board? Either that or someone on the arrow website w/access to emails.<br /><br />Joann

Archive 04-11-2006 07:41 PM

Posted By: <b>Richard Simon</b><p>Anybody can read this board. Anybody can send out an e mail using somebody else's name. Especially if you have AOL, which allows you 7 screen names.<br />This is very childish and certainly sounds like someone of low intelligence.<br />--<br><br>I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.<br />Unknown author <br />--<br />We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.<br />No retreat baby, no surrender.<br />The Boss

Archive 04-11-2006 08:43 PM

Posted By: <b>Chris Bland</b><p>"Hey Chris,<br />Want a job as a card grader? With your eyes you'd be great. Of course you can't take it since your life is spent in chat rooms spouting garbage you know nothing about.<br />Frank Garo <br />Arrowgrade" <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />