Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   eBay seller fees (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=238988)

itjclarke 04-28-2017 11:24 PM

eBay seller fees

Quick question, when and how does an eBay seller pay their fees? I always figured it was automatically deducted prior the money being deposited to a seller's Paypal account. I just sold my eBay first item tonight and now see the fees are not automatically deducted. I've searched their site high and low for an answer, but can't find it. Figure I can get a quick answer here.

Ideally I'd like to either pay eBay immediately, or have their % deducted automatically, as opposed to receiving a bill later. Any help is appreciated.

TheNightmanCometh 04-29-2017 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itjclarke (Post 1655803)
Quick question, when and how does an eBay seller pay their fees? I always figured it was automatically deducted prior the money being deposited to a seller's Paypal account. I just sold my eBay first item tonight and now see the fees are not automatically deducted. I've searched their site high and low for an answer, but can't find it. Figure I can get a quick answer here.

Ideally I'd like to either pay eBay immediately, or have their % deducted automatically, as opposed to receiving a bill later. Any help is appreciated.

My eBay > Account

It's right at the top under "Payment methods for Seller Fees".

"You can make a one-time payment using PayPal or another payment method."

You can either pay right after you sell an item, or you can wait until they send you an invoice.

itjclarke 04-29-2017 12:49 AM

Thanks Ryan! Exactly what I needed.

itjclarke 04-29-2017 01:31 PM

One more question, how do you make a blanket advisement that "the seller is away" when traveling? I added as a "note" to all listings but don't see it on the listings. Hoping there's a way to select "away" like an out of office and have it apply to all listings until I get back.

swarmee 04-29-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itjclarke (Post 1655998)
One more question, how do you make a blanket advisement that "the seller is away" when traveling? I added as a "note" to all listings but don't see it on the listings. Hoping there's a way to select "away" like an out of office and have it apply to all listings until I get back.

The only way you can do it is to have an eBay store. Regular sellers can't. So either upgrade to a store, or cancel all your listings before vacation. That's what I do.

swarmee 04-29-2017 05:18 PM

And to your first question, eBay sends and invoice after a full month of sales, and then takes it out of your bank account (if that's what you have linked) like 10 days later. They will email you the total invoice and also a notification that they've made the withdrawal.

itjclarke 04-29-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1656094)
And to your first question, eBay sends and invoice after a full month of sales, and then takes it out of your bank account (if that's what you have linked) like 10 days later. They will email you the total invoice and also a notification that they've made the withdrawal.

Thanks for the feedback, now I can at least stop looking. I newest of the newbie to eBay selling. Had an account since 1999, but never listed/sold until 2 days ago. This is good to know. I may just add a note into my individual descriptions.

Going forward, depending on how long I'm gone, I may decide to pack a few of the cards.. ones which seem to be attracting most attention and just take with me.

I got up to 100 free listings, so just maxing that out as much as I can before 5/1... will consider the store later. Clear there are several tiers, which get you discounts on your seller fees, but as of now, I'm ok just listing and selling as is.