Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   1993 Jeter SP ... some questions (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=228337)

Wannabeoldschool 01-23-2017 01:25 PM

That's nice! What avenue did you purchase the card through?

KingFisk 01-29-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1619865)
Well I partially took my own advice, on the surface score. :D

Given the staggering price differential between a PSA 9 and a BGS 9, any thought to trying for a crossover? I am asking because I have a BGS 9 with the same subs and I have been toying with crossover attempt..though still gun-shy after PSA killed my Ryan/Koosman MB, and this particular card is extremely delicate. Either way, beautiful card, Peter.

irv 01-29-2017 02:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I don't recall purchasing this pack of 93 Pinnacle's, but it was a nice surprise, when going through some older material that I purchased years ago, to find this Jeter RC. :)

KingFisk 02-05-2017 07:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1583354)
The other big thing to consider is that the card was regularly cut short from the factory, and PSA will send them back ungraded because of "MINSIZREQ" (it didn't meet the minimum size for this set). So people who try PSA and don't get a grade normally send it in to BGS. Many BGS cards that are 9s won't cross to a PSA 9 because of this.

I was never aware of this and it got me wondering if there is a particular red flag on the card for PSA, aside from an actual measurement. It seems the shortness is most pronounced on the ball and the NY on Jeter's cap. My two Jeters are in the pic. I can only measure about a 1/64th difference in the size of my cards, but clearly the ball is clipped off in my Beckett...which is the nicer overall card of the two I own (PSA 8.5 and Beckett 9). My PSA has an awful surface blemish that always bugged me so I ended up eventually getting the other one. Now I am bugged about the size, haha. I still think it is in the threshold of "acceptable" size, but who knows.

JoeDfan 02-05-2017 09:48 AM

I just got back 2 from PSA, and your photo made me look at mine. I see that I have both versions of the trim, and PSA graded both.
But now the versions are bugging ME. Hahaha.

swarmee 02-05-2017 11:15 AM

Well, if they both measure properly, that's just a case of off-centering. Not really a variation.

KingFisk 02-05-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeDfan (Post 1627719)
I just got back 2 from PSA, and your photo made me look at mine. I see that I have both versions of the trim, and PSA graded both.
But now the versions are bugging ME. Hahaha.

Ha...did you submit them raw or were they crossovers?

bnorth 02-06-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingFisk (Post 1627872)
Ha...did you submit them raw or were they crossovers?

He submitted them raw.

RayBShotz 02-08-2017 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
eBay scan. Pulled the trigger on this today.
Just didn't seem right that this card wasn't in my collection.
Jeter has meant so much to me and my daughter in the trajectory of our lives as baseball fans.
Feeling at peace now.
RayB

Peter_Spaeth 02-08-2017 04:20 PM

Tough grade on that one.