Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Selling autos help (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=256770)

theshleps 06-27-2018 09:48 AM

Selling autos help

I have a few hundred factory certified auto'd cards of HOFers value probably $10-$100 each. Are there any reputable net54 folks interested in listing them on ebay and taking a reasonable cut? email me at theshleps@aol.com

bnorth 06-27-2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshleps (Post 1790230)
I have a few hundred factory certified auto'd cards of HOFers value probably $10-$100 each. Are there any reputable net54 folks interested in listing them on ebay and taking a reasonable cut? email me at theshleps@aol.com

Do you want them listed as auctions or BIN? Are you determining the starting(auction)/BIN prices? What do you consider a reasonable cut for someone doing most of the work and taking all the risk of selling on eBay? Also is there any compensation for the ones listed that do not sell because of no interest or too high of asking price?

If you can answer these questions feel free to PM me.:)

theshleps 06-27-2018 11:23 AM

Auctions are fine as long as done with decent pictures and descriptions. Can start all at 0.99 so all will sell> I estimate prices will vary from 5.00 to $100 per card depending if Aaron or Randy johnson or gaylord perry etc. Not sure on a fair %. Open to ideas

Topnotchsy 06-27-2018 03:29 PM

I would consider checking out guys like PWCC and Probstein123. I think PWCC is more expensive that Probstein for low dollar items.

There have been complaints about Prostein because some people feel they don't do enough to prevent consignors from bidding on their own items, but as long as you don't plan on doing that :) you should be fine. I've worked with both in the past. PWCC has a more professional set-up (with his own website etc) but did well with both, and the fees are very reasonable.

ubiqty 06-28-2018 05:03 AM

Consignments

I've been happy with Probstein selling items for me. His commission is 8-12% based on the range you gave.

PowderedH2O 06-28-2018 07:59 AM

There are those that don't like Rick Probstein. I am not one of them. I sent him about $20k in cards in 2013 and he had every item sold and money in my hands within 3 weeks. No issues and the cards sold for good prices.

whyconform 06-28-2018 09:37 AM

Hey...

I'm 20 minutes from Probstein.....have dropped off stuff at their location, as much as 10 grand worth over the last few years...... things get listed real quick, and checks immediately. Just follow his listings as sometimes an item is listed with wrong scan or sideways.....

I think Probstein is quicker, but PWCC is a bit more professional and organized....but you'll be waiting much longer for the check.

theshleps 06-28-2018 09:56 AM

probstein

i was trying to find probsteins fees. where are they posted?

Leon 06-28-2018 10:41 AM

I always root for one of our advertisers....

If it is ever a "net neutral" call on where to consign I hope our members will go with an advertiser on our forum....ie PWCC in this case. Also, on fees, I wouldn't let that be the only factor if it is with one or the other. For the right consignment I would think both would be very close in fees, if given the opportunity. PWCC did good on the only consignment I sent them. I haven't sent anything to Probstein though my few buys from him, on ebay, have been fine. Good luck on whatever you do!!