Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I need to hear some good news. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=202323)

DHogan 02-27-2015 07:09 PM

I need to hear some good news.

It's been a rough couple of weeks for my wife and I. I'd like to hear some good (happy) news from anyone. Anything and everything. :) Thanks !

clydepepper 02-27-2015 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHogan (Post 1385411)
It's been a rough couple of weeks for my wife and I. I'd like to hear some good (happy) news from anyone. Anything and everything. :) Thanks !

Kimbrel's working on a changeup!

check out any Brian Regan video (several on YouTube) - laughter is always good medicine.

- I'll keep y'all in my thoughts too!

-Raymond

clydepepper 02-27-2015 08:46 PM

Two cannibals were eating a clown when one of them asks, "Does this taste funny to you?"

Thanks, I'll be here all week.

DHogan 02-28-2015 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1385468)
Kimbrel's working on a changeup!

check out any Brian Regan video (several on YouTube) - laughter is always good medicine.

- I'll keep y'all in my thoughts too!

-Raymond

Thank you.

DHogan 02-28-2015 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1385471)
Two cannibals were eating a clown when one of them asks, "Does this taste funny to you?"

Thanks, I'll be here all week.

If a vegetarian eats animal crackers. Are they still vegetarians ?

TUM301 02-28-2015 06:57 AM

Good News

Hey Dave some good news is you guys in the Hub should actually see some 40 degree days this week and us western mass`ers close to it. Also it`s day lights savings time next sat so before you know it the 2 of you will be "experiencing" 'tourists", cape traffic, it`s wicked hot out, is the T running yet, and of course another roller coaster Red Sox season. Hang in there...... !

steve B 02-28-2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TUM301 (Post 1385528)
is the T running yet,

We've been asking that since they started phasing out the old PCC cars on the green line in the 70's. :D

Yes, the weather looks to be the best news of the week. I'm enjoying the upper 20's already, 40's would be fantastic.

Good news? When I fell on the ice Wednesday night it was just a strain. could have been way worse.

Steve B

pariah1107 02-28-2015 09:16 AM

Travis Kvapils' stolen NASCAR was found by police. Seriously, how redneck is it to get your Sprint Cup car stolen from a motel parking lot? This story writes itself....:D

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup...reme-no-44-car

....and it's the weekend!

DHogan 02-28-2015 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TUM301 (Post 1385528)
Hey Dave some good news is you guys in the Hub should actually see some 40 degree days this week and us western mass`ers close to it. Also it`s day lights savings time next sat so before you know it the 2 of you will be "experiencing" 'tourists", cape traffic, it`s wicked hot out, is the T running yet, and of course another roller coaster Red Sox season. Hang in there...... !

40 degree weather would be great. It will melt some of these 5'-6' snow piles. The T is trying to get back to normal sevice. Last I heard, they said full service will be restored by the end of MARCH ! The commuter rails are much worse off I guess.

egri 02-28-2015 12:01 PM

It's almost March, so the weather has got to start warming up soon.

This, and this

CW 02-28-2015 01:16 PM

http://www.goodmood-news.com/

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news

and if you like dogs...

http://twistedsifter.com/2015/01/hea...-adopted-dogs/

digdugdig 02-28-2015 01:35 PM

I hear Pablo Sandoval lost a couple pounds!!

DHogan 02-28-2015 01:45 PM

All great stuff. Keep them coming. Thanks :)

grainsley 03-01-2015 08:14 AM

PETE CARROLL LEAVING THE SEAHAWKS!

Pete Carroll, head coach of the Seattle Seahawks, is reported to be very near to signing on as a special consultant to The Pope in Vatican City. The Pope looks to recruit Carroll to be a spokesman for the Catholic Church because he is the first man in history that made 100 million people jump up and yell "Jesus Christ!" at the same time.

More information will be reported as details emerge………

7nohitter 03-01-2015 03:33 PM

Hi Dave,

Live not too far from Boston, watching more snow fall as I write this, BUT the Sox play BC and Northeastern this week....to me, this game has ALWAYS signaled the 'official' start of the baseball season!

Let's hope Ortiz can keep his damn feet in the box!

Take care,
Andrew

DHogan 03-01-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7nohitter (Post 1386190)
Hi Dave,

Live not too far from Boston, watching more snow fall as I write this, BUT the Sox play BC and Northeastern this week....to me, this game has ALWAYS signaled the 'official' start of the baseball season!

Let's hope Ortiz can keep his damn feet in the box!

Take care,
Andrew

I saw some where that Ortiz wasn't happy with the new rule to speed the games up. :rolleyes:

GrayGhost 03-02-2015 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egri (Post 1385651)
It's almost March, so the weather has got to start warming up soon.

This, and this

:)agreed. I don't have jokes, but pitchers and catchers have reportted and soon the smell of grass, hot dogs and the crack of the bat will make you smile. People on here are awesome when folks are having bad times. I know from personal experience. GOD and your friends wil help.

SmokyBurgess 03-02-2015 07:36 AM

Good News

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHogan (Post 1385411)

Try www.bbnradio.org

clydepepper 03-02-2015 04:43 PM

Termite walks into a bar and says, "Where is your bar tender?"

DHogan 03-16-2015 05:53 PM

Come on guys. I really need to hear more good news. :o

Econteachert205 03-16-2015 06:12 PM

As a teacher I can tell you that the kids I have seem to get nicer and nicer every year. Not necessarily smarter, but nicer. There's always hope in youth.

egri 03-16-2015 06:26 PM

The snow is melting, the new season of House of Cards is the best one yet, and after last season, the only way the Sox can go is up.

Leon 03-17-2015 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHogan (Post 1391152)
Come on guys. I really need to hear more good news. :o

It's starting to dry out in N.Texas (yea), but the rains are coming back.....which means our low lake levels will be helped. So, it's a win-win!!...sort of

Runscott 03-17-2015 01:50 PM

My girlfriend didn't get the termite joke. I had to tell her that termites eat wood and bars are made of wood. It was funnier than the actual joke.

Good: Office Depot didn't have the bubble mailers I needed, so they gave me over 50% off on something that was close.

Good: I held a puppy the other day and decided I needed to get another dog.

Good: About to have a pot of my favorite tea and will also get to meet my girlfriend for lunch. Whoop!

Good: free refill at new coffee shop.

gregr2 03-17-2015 02:04 PM

I've been to two Spring Training games so far. Three more to go. Going to see the Cardinals and Mets on Friday. Then on Sunday going to the Pirates and Astros. Then the following Friday going to see the Marlins and Astros! Yay for spring baseball!

DHogan 03-17-2015 07:28 PM

Thanks guys. :)

digdugdig 03-18-2015 10:27 AM

From my sister's sent birthday card I learned that the origin of the Irish Jig goes way back to an ole Irish tavern that served free beer but had no restrooms!!

clydepepper 03-26-2015 06:23 PM

Things could always be worse:

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 184320

DHogan 04-03-2015 06:20 PM

Anyone have anything new, fun or exciting going on ? ;)

billyb 04-04-2015 04:12 AM

Dave,
I volunteer at a local Genealogy Society helping people research their families. I have been approached by the local Junior High School, that the History Club wished to research their families. So for the last month or so, I have been meeting with this History Club and teaching them how to research their families, mainly through the free sources that are available.
I have been pleasantly surprised that these kids are excited about doing their research. When they randomly yell out "I found my great grandfather", is very rewarding. Sparking their interest in their family history and what involvement their family may have had in shaping our towns, counties or countries histories, will certainly perk their interest when it comes time for them to study about our countries events.
We do our work in the school library, and at one of our sessions, several kids had to serve their detentions in the library. After the session was over, a couple of the kids serving their detentions, approached me about researching family histories. These kids are curious, they want to know about their family's past. This has turned out to be a very rewarding program. And it is something anyone can do with their children.

DHogan 04-04-2015 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyb (Post 1397934)
Dave,
I volunteer at a local Genealogy Society helping people research their families. I have been approached by the local Junior High School, that the History Club wished to research their families. So for the last month or so, I have been meeting with this History Club and teaching them how to research their families, mainly through the free sources that are available.
I have been pleasantly surprised that these kids are excited about doing their research. When they randomly yell out "I found my great grandfather", is very rewarding. Sparking their interest in their family history and what involvement their family may have had in shaping our towns, counties or countries histories, will certainly perk their interest when it comes time for them to study about our countries events.
We do our work in the school library, and at one of our sessions, several kids had to serve their detentions in the library. After the session was over, a couple of the kids serving their detentions, approached me about researching family histories. These kids are curious, they want to know about their family's past. This has turned out to be a very rewarding program. And it is something anyone can do with their children.

Bill, very cool. It's good to hear that young kids are still interested in some history.

t206blogcom 04-06-2015 10:27 AM

In less than 2 weeks our new home will be finished!

DHogan 04-06-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t206blogcom (Post 1398763)
In less than 2 weeks our new home will be finished!

Nice ! :)

DHogan 05-04-2015 01:45 PM

It's been a while since anyone had some good news to share. I just got home to find an unexpected package in the mail from a small non-sports company called RR Parks Cards. They sent me a freebie collectors kit from the 2014-2015 Chronicals of the Three Stooges. It contains promos from all four series and a complete 6 card subset of film cell relic cards. Good stuff. Yes, my wife thinks I'm nuts too. :p. They also produce other sets of monster cards. I'm looking forward to their 3rd and 4th series from the sets. Hopefully, it will help kick me back into working on my older sports card sets. :)

jerrys 05-08-2015 10:12 PM

Blame. Deny. Betray. Divide. A lie. The truth. Which one shall I use?

You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. Al Capone

billyb 05-08-2015 11:23 PM

Dave,
Weather is warming up, have my boat in the water, and will be out there fishing for some bass, perch, bluegill and other pan fish. Occasionally a Pike will come by, they are a lot of fun, but very boney to eat.
Do you do any fishing Dave? That cures all ailments. Getting a hold of a five pound Bass is a lot of fun. But better yet, is getting about 30 or 40 perch. Not only a fun day, but a great meal. A little egg and Italian bread crumbs, fry them puppies up and a little lemon juice over the top, and what a meal.
Dave, if you live close to Michigan, come for a visit, we will do some fishing, a couple of cold beverages a lot of stories and later, the hammock will soothe away the rest of what troubles you. Then guess what, we can do it all over again the next day.
This is God's Country, pure and simple. By the way, we have only three traffic lights in town. So all troubles are far behind, in them big cities, caught up in all that traffic.

Bill

Leon 05-09-2015 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHogan (Post 1397839)
Anyone have anything new, fun or exciting going on ? ;)

no

sporteq 05-09-2015 01:32 PM

I save 15% on Geico insurance by switching.

Albert

DHogan 05-09-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyb (Post 1409445)
Dave,
Weather is warming up, have my boat in the water, and will be out there fishing for some bass, perch, bluegill and other pan fish. Occasionally a Pike will come by, they are a lot of fun, but very boney to eat.
Do you do any fishing Dave? That cures all ailments. Getting a hold of a five pound Bass is a lot of fun. But better yet, is getting about 30 or 40 perch. Not only a fun day, but a great meal. A little egg and Italian bread crumbs, fry them puppies up and a little lemon juice over the top, and what a meal.
Dave, if you live close to Michigan, come for a visit, we will do some fishing, a couple of cold beverages a lot of stories and later, the hammock will soothe away the rest of what troubles you. Then guess what, we can do it all over again the next day.
This is God's Country, pure and simple. By the way, we have only three traffic lights in town. So all troubles are far behind, in them big cities, caught up in all that traffic.

Bill

Bill, Thanks for posting this. I'm from Massachusetts. I used to fish. Never really caught anything. I did drown a lot of worm though. :eek: I never knew of anyone eating bluegill. They don't get too big around here. I went ice fishing one time in northern Vermont and caught some pike. It was pretty wild seeing the shiners trying to swim up out of the hole and then have a 18" pike take a line. I liked going salt water fishing. I caught a few nice cod backing the mid 70's.

DHogan 05-09-2015 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1409497)
no

There's always tomorrow Leon.

DHogan 06-21-2015 08:24 AM

It's been a while since anyone has posted some good news. Let's hear some !

wazoo 06-28-2015 04:47 PM

Adrian isn't on the board anymore...so we think...

wazoo 06-28-2015 04:49 PM

OH OH OH! I have some good news! I graduated two fridays ago!!! I'm going off to college, (The University of Vermont), I just had my orientation and met fellow engineers that I will be working with. I also have been playing a lot of American Legion baseball. I'm finally getting my change up to have some movement on it. All good stuff!

DHogan 06-28-2015 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazoo (Post 1425591)
OH OH OH! I have some good news! I graduated two fridays ago!!! I'm going off to college, (The University of Vermont), I just had my orientation and met fellow engineers that I will be working with. I also have been playing a lot of American Legion baseball. I'm finally getting my change up to have some movement on it. All good stuff!

That's all great news. Enjoy the summer while you can.

pawpawdiv9 06-30-2015 05:04 PM

Todays my B-day, and only Net54 cared to send me a email!

No matter how little i do, I always feels i could do less.

DHogan 06-30-2015 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 1426249)
Todays my B-day, and only Net54 cared to send me a email!

No matter how little i do, I always feels i could do less.

Happy birthday.

egri 07-01-2015 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazoo (Post 1425591)
OH OH OH! I have some good news! I graduated two fridays ago!!! I'm going off to college, (The University of Vermont), I just had my orientation and met fellow engineers that I will be working with.

What discipline of engineering are you headed into? I'm in Industrial and Systems Engineering, a few states south of you at URI. I knew an engineer who had gone to UVM (I want to say he was Mechanical) and was able to retire at 54.

DHogan 08-03-2015 05:59 PM

It's been a while. I would like to hear some good news that anyone has to share. Thanks !

Runscott 08-04-2015 09:46 AM

I picked 7 tomatoes yesterday! I have 12 different varieties producing and really enjoying my first garden.

bnorth 08-04-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1438083)
I picked 7 tomatoes yesterday! I have 12 different varieties producing and really enjoying my first garden.

Now that is some great news. Not much better than a fresh picked tomato. Here the outside gardeners are just starting to get ripe tomatoes. As a inside grower I have had them for close to 2 months.:D