Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   COMC shipping and storage question (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=260678)

iceman15658 10-05-2018 07:53 PM

COMC shipping and storage question

1 Attachment(s)
Hello guys, Just wanted to see if anybody has ever had their COMC order shipped without toploaders? I currently have about 700 mostly 90's inserts ($1-$10 and a few higher). I will surely get the expensive ones top loaded but wanted make sure that the sleeved cards don't get damaged in transit. Would love to hear some of your results.

Also, Wondering if anybody knows what size box holds 4 rows of top loaders? I have a few of these that are pretty beat up and falling apart but do not have the count punched into them like the newer ones. I can find the taller 3 row shoe boxes, but not these. Any ideas?

Thanks for taking the time to read and looking forward to hearing from you guys
Joe

JollyElm 10-06-2018 06:56 PM

I've bought COMC stuff a bunch of times over the years, usually in smaller quantities of around 20 cards or less, and have never opted to pay the additional expense for top loaders. Every single time, the shipment was packed perfectly and arrived with no issues a'tall (sorry, wanted to sound British there for some reason).

commishbob 10-06-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 1817853)
I've bought COMC stuff a bunch of times over the years, usually in smaller quantities of around 20 cards or less, and have never opted to pay the additional expense for top loaders. Every single time, the shipment was packed perfectly and arrived with no issues a'tall (sorry, wanted to sound British there for some reason).

I'll echo Darren's endorsement. I've received many orders from them and every one, whether in a padded envelope or a box, has been very professionally packed. I don't ever pay extra for the toploaders.

bnorth 10-06-2018 07:11 PM

I will 3rd Darren's and Bob's comments. I have bought around 1000 cards total off COMC and have never paid for top loaders and have never had a single problem with their shipping. Now their crap search function and every increasing amount of crazy high pricing is a different story.

iceman15658 10-06-2018 07:43 PM

Thanks bnorth, commishbob and jollyelm for taking the time to read and reply, I appreciate it. Glad to hear that 3 fellow users have not had any problems with the shipping. I was a bit worried about some of the cards (back when they were made of cardboard lol) with black borders on the corners getting dinged by them as I paid extra on the site for nice sharp cards. Sounds like it is all systems go to top load the expensive ones and penny sleeve the rest. I have a case of new loaders here to use with perfect fit top loader sleeves over them (to keep out soot from woodburner downstairs) for long term storage. Have a great night and thanks for helping a newer member out. PS: hope my bloody packet arrives safely lol

Joe