Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Leon, is it possible to email the list of folks here next time ebay lists a%off code? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=252694)

JRO$!( 03-19-2018 10:08 AM

Leon, is it possible to email the list of folks here next time ebay lists a%off code?

Hi Leon, I seem to never be aware of these 20% off coupons for ebay that last

about 12 hours etc. Some folks are made aware by ebay themselves, or find

out other ways. I seem to always find out after the coupon is void. Would it be

possible if folks here list a coupon for the % Code off ebay, to be Mass e-

mailed in the same way as other emails we receive from you? Just an idea

that would be, if possibly implemented, greatly appreciated by me and

hopefully others here as well! No worries, just an idea. Thanks very much, JRO.

Leon 03-19-2018 12:06 PM

Hi Jt
As good as the intentions seem I don't think the masses would want more spam in their email inbox. Even if 20 members in a row, in this thread, say it would be great, it wouldn't be for some. The few emails sent from our forum almost always have to do with current auction announcements or other hobby related things. That all said it has never been an issue for members to post the coupons and other discounts on the front page for all to see. We frequently see them posted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRO$!( (Post 1758866)
Hi Leon, I seem to never be aware of these 20% off coupons for ebay that last

about 12 hours etc. Some folks are made aware by ebay themselves, or find

out other ways. I seem to always find out after the coupon is void. Would it be

possible if folks here list a coupon for the % Code off ebay, to be Mass e-

mailed in the same way as other emails we receive from you? Just an idea

that would be, if possibly implemented, greatly appreciated by me and

hopefully others here as well! No worries, just an idea. Thanks very much, JRO.

Snapolit1 03-19-2018 12:34 PM

Plus I believe these are typically non-transferable, so if eBay doesn't shoot you one you can't just use someone else's code. I am sure they have some calculus on who to send it to.

Jenx34 03-19-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1758933)
Plus I believe these are typically non-transferable, so if eBay doesn't shoot you one you can't just use someone else's code. I am sure they have some calculus on who to send it to.

That applies to the ebay bucks offers. The recent 20% offer was on Ebays front page and wasn't sent to anyone. That offer was available to everyone.

bn2cardz 03-19-2018 02:24 PM

If you are wanting an email so you don't miss a post, there may be another solution so that people don't get spammed that don't want to be.

You could star a running thread. Instead of a new thread every time one of these deals pop up. Then if you were interested in email notifications you could subscribe to that particular thread. You may get too many messages if people start to use the thread for a conversation instead of just posting new deals, but it would bypass Leon having to spam everyone.

Snapolit1 03-19-2018 03:02 PM

It seems like everyone of these eBay specials ends up at the top of this page without fail. Check here. Or eBay's front page. Or sign up for emails from eBay on their promotions. Really need more notice than that?

Golf History 03-19-2018 09:59 PM

Tomorrow, March 20th, eBay is doing 15% off everything from 9am - 7pm Pacific Time. Use coupon PSPRINGTIME.

http://www.ebay.com/springsavings

How to redeem your Coupon:

Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions).
Pay for your item by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on March 20, 2018
Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: PSPRINGTIME
Terms & Conditions:

The Coupon is a 15% discount off a minimum purchase of $25, valid from 9:00 AM PST March 20, 2018 until 7:00 PM PST on March 20, 2018. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.com, cafr.eBay.ca and eBay.ca and will be capped at a maximum discount value of $50. Eligible items exclude items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories. Coupon can be used once within a single transaction (or cart), while supplies last.

Only eBay users registered with an address located in the United States, Canada, Latin America or the Caribbean are eligible for the Coupon. Valid only for purchases from ebay.com, cafr.ebay.ca and ebay.ca. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.

Coupon is subject to U.S laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other Coupon, or when paying with PayPal Credit Easy Payments or Gift Cards. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Coupon at any time.

buymycards 03-20-2018 02:59 AM

eBay app

Many of the good eBay specials are only available through the eBay app. Download the app to your phone and you will be automatically notified on these specals.

Rick

dougscats 03-20-2018 07:07 AM

An Ebay Discount Icon?

Leon,

Would it be possible to put up a button for Daily Ebay Discounts,
that anyone who was interested could check on a daily basis?
This would avoid all emails
and be a great service to most collectors.

Maybe it's not that easy,
but thanks for your consideration.

Doug

Leon 03-20-2018 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougscats (Post 1759176)
Leon,

Would it be possible to put up a button for Daily Ebay Discounts,
that anyone who was interested could check on a daily basis?
This would avoid all emails
and be a great service to most collectors.

Maybe it's not that easy,
but thanks for your consideration.

Doug

We could have a link to the ebay area that has the specials but not sure that will help a lot. Random seems to be working ok.