Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Seen any concerts lately? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=207913)

RichardSimon 06-25-2015 07:06 PM

Seen any concerts lately?

I have been going non stop lately, many of my favorites have come to NYC.

Eric Clapton
The Who
VAN MORRISON !!!
Billy Joel
John Fogerty

all in the past few weeks.

CW 06-25-2015 08:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I saw these old farts last Friday in Toronto, and it might've been the best concert of my life. They (Rush) are playing MSG on Monday. :)

Leon 06-26-2015 06:51 AM

I/we have kind of gone from classical rock to more country lately.....Saw Zac Brown earlier this year, Darrius Rucker last week and going to see Rascal Flatts in a few months.......

CW 06-26-2015 10:10 AM

Zac Brown is one country artist that I wouldn't mind seeing in concert. From what I've heard on Pandora, his live sets sound just like the albums.

Cmount76 06-26-2015 02:42 PM

The Dave Matthews Band - My 67th show over the past 22 years. The most recent one was at Jones Beach on Long Island earlier this month. Quiet year for me because of the birth of my first child. I did manage to get to 9 last year, in 5 states.

"Eat, drink, and be merry - for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews

cool-vintage 06-26-2015 06:36 PM

Not yet but July 9th I'm seeing Rush.

Beatles Guy 06-26-2015 09:49 PM

Saw Rush in St. Louis last month and Willie Nelson in April. Next up is Alice In Chains and Foo Fighters in August and The Who in December (rescheduled from May). My wife and I go to a lot of concerts.

2dueces 07-01-2015 12:41 PM

Saw Wishbone Ash twice in April. Still rocking and Can't beat $20 tickets. Small venues front row. Awesome shows!

OldEnglishD 07-15-2015 08:47 AM

Saw The Rolling Stones last week - those guys continue to amaze.

Wish I would have seen the current Rush tour, no good excuse for that one.

BB King was on my list, but sadly, that won't happen now.

Last year was Bob Seeger and then the Eagles.

Next up, Steely Dan and Elvis Costello. I hope they do a couple songs together!

On my list - James Taylor, The Tragically Hip, Robert Cray, AD/DC

benderbroeth 07-15-2015 12:44 PM

going to see John Mellencamp next Tuesday, then Jackson Browne on August 4th

judsonhamlin 07-15-2015 05:45 PM

Last one (at my 15 y/o daughter's insistence) was Crosby, Stills and Nash. She is in full retro mode and knew all the lyrics to their hits.
The Trews will be at City Winery in NYC in a few weeks and that should be my next gig

bnorth 07-15-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldEnglishD (Post 1431470)
Saw The Rolling Stones last week - those guys continue to amaze.

Wish I would have seen the current Rush tour, no good excuse for that one.

BB King was on my list, but sadly, that won't happen now.

Last year was Bob Seeger and then the Eagles.

Next up, Steely Dan and Elvis Costello. I hope they do a couple songs together!

On my list - James Taylor, The Tragically Hip, Robert Cray, AD/DC

That is one of the few bad things about living out in the middle of the sticks. Any decent concert is going to be at least a few 100 miles away.

Dave AC/DC is amazing. I have seen them 3 times. The first time was for the Who Made Who Tour and they where so loud they cracked the brick arena so bad a decible limit was put in place after that concert. I also seen them in Amsterdam at the Ajax Arena in 2009 and it was by far the best concert I have ever been to. What I can remember of it anyway.:D

talkinbaseball 07-17-2015 03:30 PM

Eagles

My wife, youngest son and his girlfriend saw the Eagles this past Wednesday night at the Hartford Civic Center in Hartford Connecticut.

It was awesome,

They played 27 songs.

They started it with Saturday Night, closed the first set with Take It to the Limit.
The second set was much more Rock.

I won't tell you anymore in case your going to see them

an eagles fan for many years.

john

the 'stache 07-17-2015 06:03 PM

I saw Rush on May 18th at the American Airlines Center in Dallas. First show I've been to in seven years. They were incredible, as always.

midmo 07-17-2015 11:37 PM

Earlier this summer I went to the Shaky Knees Festival in Atlanta. Spent a few days in Nashville checking out bands. Then saw Willie Nelson/Beck in Kansas City. Last Friday I saw Jane's Addiction in Pittsburgh. Heading to NYC next month for Hum/Failure, then going to Chicago for Riot Fest. Tons of local bands in between.

Pretty bummed I missed Rush when they came through. It's probably been 20 years since I last saw them. It sounds like this might have been the last shot.

Leon 07-18-2015 09:19 AM

Saw Darrius Rucker recently and am going to Rascal Flatts soon....looking to get more Zach Brown tickets (*probably my favorite current band)

Bestdj777 07-18-2015 06:50 PM

I just saw Taylor Swift and going to see Kenny Chesney and a couple of smaller concerts later this year.

jfkheat 08-09-2015 08:43 PM

My last concert was Lady Antebellum last year in Greenville SC.
James

thedutymon 08-13-2015 11:11 AM

Busy Concert Month Here!

Morning,

Lot of talk about Rush, seen them 39 times now, somebody said maybe this years tour would be last, I hope not, would like to see them 20-30 more times!

This month (Sept.) I have Wishbone Ash....Been a Fan for 45 years and this will be the first time I've ever seen them, have like 50 different albums by them with different line-ups, only one original member from the late 60's.

Then its Duran Duran at Red Rocks, best place on the Earth to see concerts, been to over 600 there.

Then Best Coast a new California band I'm into.

Next is an International act called Empire of the Sun, a little out there, but I really like a couple of their anthem style songs.

All in Denver for September, haven't even started to look at October yet!:D:D:D

Neil

nsaddict 08-29-2015 03:04 PM

Saw one of my favs early August, Cheap Trick and last Saturday AC/DC at Gillette Stadium. Neither one disappointed :)

cool-vintage 08-29-2015 10:00 PM

Found out one of my favorite (and probably the first metal band I listened to) Underoath is going on a Rebirth tour next year after being on hiatus for a few years. Only problem is I'm currently at school and they aren't playing near where I am...looks like I'm going to have to be "sick" that day. I know it's a bit early, but is it ever too early to look forward to a concert?

jiw98 08-31-2015 02:51 PM

Crowder and Mathew West on back to back nights at Unity Fest in mid Aug. Both shows were great, as was the music festival overall.

talkinbaseball 08-31-2015 06:18 PM

Joe Walsh soon on October 16th at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut.

john

Section103 09-01-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedutymon (Post 1441497)
Morning,

Lot of talk about Rush, seen them 39 times now, somebody said maybe this years tour would be last, I hope not, would like to see them 20-30 more times!

This month (Sept.) I have Wishbone Ash....Been a Fan for 45 years and this will be the first time I've ever seen them, have like 50 different albums by them with different line-ups, only one original member from the late 60's.

Then its Duran Duran at Red Rocks, best place on the Earth to see concerts, been to over 600 there.

Then Best Coast a new California band I'm into.

Next is an International act called Empire of the Sun, a little out there, but I really like a couple of their anthem style songs.

All in Denver for September, haven't even started to look at October yet!:D:D:D

Neil

Caught the Psychedelic Furs at the Ogden last night. Great, great show. The Church opened, but man, the lead singers voice is g-o-n-e.

basesareempty 09-02-2015 07:27 AM

[QUOTE=Leon;1432603]Saw Darrius Rucker recently and am going to Rascal Flatts soon....looking to get more Zach Brown tickets (*probably my favorite current band)[/QUOTE

Brothers Osborne is one of the opening acts on Darius Ruckers current tour. They are from our hometown. Have met them several times when they come home at the local watering hole. Nice guys who are making their way in country music.

pariah1107 09-03-2015 02:45 PM

Went to see Mark Pickerel & His Praying Hands (Screaming Trees), and Star Anna at the Brick in Roslyn for the DNR fireman's relief fund in Washington during this unprecedented season. When Star laid into her cover of "Play with Fire" (Stones) the room was electric...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiIt...ature=youtu.be

RichardSimon 09-08-2015 10:22 PM

Van Morrison in Forest Hills, NY.
Fantastic show

familytoad 09-09-2015 09:02 PM

Hot

Quote:

Originally Posted by pariah1107 (Post 1448906)
Went to see Mark Pickerel & His Praying Hands (Screaming Trees), and Star Anna at the Brick in Roslyn for the DNR fireman's relief fund in Washington during this unprecedented season. When Star laid into her cover of "Play with Fire" (Stones) the room was electric...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiIt...ature=youtu.be

Thanks for that link , Ty!
Great, sultry rendition of "play with fire":p
Though I never had heard of Star Anna, I always enjoy discovering new music.

And you sure are right about the wildfire season in Washington. It was an unreal, dry hot summer, and unfortunately , our forests are hyper susceptible:(

Some real life heroes died fighting the fires this year. The fund raiser sounds like a great idea.

LEHR 09-10-2015 09:01 AM

I saw my favorite band again last Thursday and the venue they played at was only 10 blocks from my house. Win-win!

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/o...psjpmyuvrd.jpg

esd10 11-03-2015 01:13 PM

I went and saw icp(insane clown posse) last weekend in Columbus. you might laugh but i have listened to them since middle school around 94-95 and still love the music.

bdangelo 11-13-2015 08:03 AM

Concerts

I saw the Psychedelic Furs last week. Still sound as good as they did when they played 1980s alternative stuff.

Bob

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1424837)
I have been going non stop lately, many of my favorites have come to NYC.

Eric Clapton
The Who
VAN MORRISON !!!
Billy Joel
John Fogerty

all in the past few weeks.

Beatles Guy 11-13-2015 08:22 AM

Upcoming I have:

Punch Brothers
The Who (rescheduled for the 2nd time)
Dead & Company (possibly)

powderfinger 11-24-2015 07:13 PM

A couple from this past summer

Got to see the Stones on June 23 and Neil Young on July 5 at the same venue in Milwaukee. First time for the Stones since 1972 and haven't seen Neil since CSNY. Looking forward to Jason Isbell in February.

Paul S 11-25-2015 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powderfinger (Post 1475888)
Got to see the Stones on June 23 and Neil Young on July 5 at the same venue in Milwaukee. First time for the Stones since 1972 and haven't seen Neil since CSNY. Looking forward to Jason Isbell in February.

Hey, 1972 - that was The Stones Exile On Main Street tour. I saw them at The Forum in Inglewood, L.A. Stevie Wonder opened for them (his Talking Book record had just come out). Totally great concert! The last time I saw the Stones was 1989, the Steel Wheels tour. My nephew had just moved to NY and was staying with me, was listening to the radio and won two tickets for being ?#-caller contest. He took me with him because he couldn't decide between two other friends his own age. It was either at Shea or Yankee Stadium - I don't recall exactly. BTW, I'm in the Waiting On A Friend video, they filmed it at a bar I used to manage in the East Village.

Joshchisox08 12-03-2015 09:53 AM

This year was only two:

Neil Young
Motorhead \m/\m/

Jantz 12-03-2015 08:57 PM

Cooper & Crue in September this year.

Next year.....

Maiden in April

Black Sabbath in August

rsn1661 12-13-2015 07:14 PM

Been to only 3 this year. The first was a 2 day event at the Horseshoe in Columbus Ohio. It was the Buckeye Country Superfest The Lineup was

Saturday, June 20
Blake Shelton
Rascal Flatts
Lee Brice
Tyler Farr
Cassadee Pope

Sunday, June 21
Kenny Chesney
Keith Urban
Cole Swindell
David Nail
Parmalee

All the acts were excellent except for David Nail. He played maybe 40 minutes and acted as though he would have loved to have been anywhere else. I know someone who saw him with Darius Rucker a couple weeks ago in Dayton and he said he was the same.

About a month and a half ago saw Night Ranger, Foreigner and Def Leppard at The Shott in Columbus. All bands were great, with Foreigner being the best of them. Have to say though, that Joe Elliot's voice has seen some better days. Then again, I am not in my 20's anymore either.

The last show I saw was last night. I went to get some stuff a few days ago at Menard's and saw a box to sign up for a contest run by the local tv stations. I had no idea what the prizes were. They called me the next day and said I had won Home Free Christmas concert tickets. I had never heard of Home Free, but my wife said they are an acapella group that won a tv show called The Sing Off. She wanted to go, so I took her and was prepared for the most boring night of my life as I am more into 70's rock. By the time I left the auditorium they had me hooked. It was one of the most enjoyable concerts I have been to.

I would recommend that anyone go see them.

cool-vintage 12-14-2015 09:45 PM

Going to see '68 open for Fit for A King later this month. I am mainly going for '68. It always shocks me when I remember '68 is a two-piece band.

I listened to their vocalist's (Josh Scogin) old band The Chariot, Josh was also the vocalist for Norma Jean.

RichardSimon 12-20-2015 12:09 PM

Bruce in January at MSG.

pawpawdiv9 12-20-2015 01:03 PM

Geez! love the ol rock n rollers, but never been to one of them. Its been a number of years, maybe 2003-2006?? But i was in Panama City Beach and i think it was sunshine of my love' they play and some country dude was the headliner- i left as he started, cuz he sounded drunk as shit. The day after , guys at work were near front row, and said the same thing.
Aside, anyone got those Adele tickets? or did those scalpers got them all for 10-12k a pop. HeLLO?? it will be old and gone by the time she visits our area.

Jantz 04-06-2016 12:55 AM

Went to a Iron Maiden concert tonight and it was a great show.

Last time I saw them was in 88.

Stampsfan 04-06-2016 01:08 AM

Last Friday night took my two daughters to see the Offspring, with Gob opening up. First time for Gob, several times for the Offspring. Sound was shit in the venue, but the show was hard driving, lots of fun. Became a bit of a Gob fan after seeing them.

bnorth 04-06-2016 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampsfan (Post 1524019)
Last Friday night took my two daughters to see the Offspring, with Gob opening up. First time for Gob, several times for the Offspring. Sound was shit in the venue, but the show was hard driving, lots of fun. Became a bit of a Gob fan after seeing them.

Offspring is playing at a pawnshop here tomorrow. Hate their(pawnshop) Thursday night concerts, can't wait till they move them to Saturday nights.

benderbroeth 05-29-2016 02:15 AM

Got the privilege to see Paul Simon this last Wednesday. Also had a blast at Billy Joel a week ago. I enjoyed Billy Joel a little bit more, better sound and I knew more of his music.

Jantz 06-24-2016 11:09 AM

Alice in Chains & Guns N Roses last night.

Ford Field, Detroit

The energy in the stadium while Guns n Roses were playing was unreal.

RichardSimon 06-28-2016 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul S (Post 1475981)
Hey, 1972 - that was The Stones Exile On Main Street tour. I saw them at The Forum in Inglewood, L.A. Stevie Wonder opened for them (his Talking Book record had just come out). Totally great concert! The last time I saw the Stones was 1989, the Steel Wheels tour. My nephew had just moved to NY and was staying with me, was listening to the radio and won two tickets for being ?#-caller contest. He took me with him because he couldn't decide between two other friends his own age. It was either at Shea or Yankee Stadium - I don't recall exactly. BTW, I'm in the Waiting On A Friend video, they filmed it at a bar I used to manage in the East Village.

Paul,
It was at Shea, I was also there. And Jagger remarked how the Mets did not have a good season :(.

talkinbaseball 06-28-2016 05:13 PM

Jackson Browne at Oakdale in CT, soon Joe Walsh and then Don Henley in Sept.

John

clydepepper 06-28-2016 07:35 PM

Seen any concerts lately?

Nope.

mmcgruff 06-28-2016 08:25 PM

David Bowie in Jacksonville, Fl. of all places in 1990 on the sound and vision tour! Adrian Belew was there in his band as well. Standing up we were right against the stage. Awesome concert!

Cmount76 06-29-2016 01:32 PM

Springsteen at Barclays in Brooklyn about a month ago and the Dave Matthews Band at Jones Beach about a week ago...

I'll check in in a couple of more weeks when I can update... :D