Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   LLP Auctions of Tampa - 100% forgeries!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=150810)

Deertick 05-06-2012 10:41 AM

LLP Auctions of Tampa - 100% forgeries!!

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/catalog.asp?aid=52487

Most you can't get a good look at, but scroll down to the baseballs. Especially remarkable is the last item. I don't want to ruin the fun!

mr2686 05-06-2012 11:14 AM

Seriously? Those baseballs are so bad, I could do a better job with my off hand while blindfolded and drunk.

Deertick 05-06-2012 11:24 AM

You forgot to add: while riding in a jeep without a seatbelt on while off-roading.

Deertick 05-06-2012 11:39 AM

Actually, they may be considered quite good for someone who has never before attempted (or seen) these particular autographs. Or written on a baseball for that matter.

Wymers Auction 05-06-2012 01:41 PM

Deertick look at the Johnny Bench ball you may change your mind. Johnny has great handwriting and would never sign that sloppy. I am a Reds fan and was amazed that they even have a horribly fake Pete Rose. Why fake a photo with so little value. I guess this is a beginning forger.
I emailed the auction house and said the following
I was looking at your autograph auction and that is nothing but fake garbage. If you want me to email you pictures of real photographs or call you and explain why let me know. You have been warned that these items are bogus. Not even decent forgeries.

travrosty 05-06-2012 01:58 PM

these are the shakiest, worst ever, where are the feds?

they specialize in gold and silver, and autographs that look like a 3 year old did them.

roberto clemente signed photo in black sharpie. not gonna happen.

thetruthisoutthere 05-06-2012 02:31 PM

LLP Auctions Tampa Florida Lou Gehrig Forgery Fake

2 Attachment(s)
How about Lou Gehrig signing with a black sharpie.

Attachment 62837

Attachment 62839

Bilko G 05-06-2012 02:34 PM

Bahahahahaha, the Michael Jordan Basketball is hilarious!!!!:p

Bilko G 05-06-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wymers Auction (Post 990718)
You have been warned that these items are bogus.

After warning them you should have said that if the auctions are still running in 24 hours you are contacting the FBI's local Tampa office.

thetruthisoutthere 05-06-2012 02:38 PM

LLP Auctions Tampa Florida Derek Jeter Forgery Fake

1 Attachment(s)
Look at this mess!!!

Attachment 62840

travrosty 05-06-2012 02:40 PM

thats derek jeter's cousin derek jitter.

Bilko G 05-06-2012 03:01 PM

omg what an absolute mess that Jeter is. I really hope these auctions are a big joke somehow.

Deertick 05-06-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilko G (Post 990737)
Bahahahahaha, the Michael Jordan Basketball is hilarious!!!!:p

My favorite also:D

Another possible explanation for how slow and shaky these are: Someone was slowly spelling the names as the guy signed them.
"D-E-R-E-K J-E-T-E-R"

drc 05-06-2012 03:13 PM

A saw a Mickes McUntle

Wymers Auction 05-06-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 990740)
Look at this mess!!!

Attachment 62840

I think that maybe they were eating at the same time. Wow they must sell their practice materials!!!

Deertick 05-06-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travrosty (Post 990724)
these are the shakiest, worst ever, where are the feds?

I tried before (see other thread, http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=150386 ) with no understanding of the problem elicited from any of the authorities I contacted. Investigative consumer reporter for the newspaper still hasn't got back to me. They have still shown MUCH more interest than the others.

BTW, that Auction Kings event sold those bogus items for in excess of $2K. I told them they were fake. They don't care. $800 cut must be worth their intergrity.

RichardSimon 05-06-2012 03:27 PM

I think these were signed by the interns at CC, they are just practicing for the real thing but so far they are so awful that Lee has said "NO WAY" to these.
I never thought I would say this but these would be rejected by CC.
There is no way any of their authenticators could pass these.
Not even at CC.

Deertick 05-06-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 990765)
I think these were signed by the interns at CC, they are just practicing for the real thing but so far they are so awful that Lee has said "NO WAY" to these.
Not even at CC.

I emailed asking who COA's were on several of the items, no response.

Looks like all of the photos were taken in the bathroom. Classy.

mr2686 05-06-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 990765)
Not even at CC.

Wow, you mean even CC has its standards? Too funny Richard :D

HOFAUTOS 05-06-2012 04:30 PM

Whoever signed the Gwynn signed his sons autograph, Tony Gwynn Jr. They must have used an UD card where the stickers were placed on the wrong Gwynn, as an exemplar. Absolutely horrible. This is in my neck of the woods. I might have to go check it out.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...28103#topoflot

http://www.sportsautosttm.com/tonygwynnjr.JPG

Wymers Auction 05-06-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOFAUTOS (Post 990785)
Whoever signed the Gwynn signed his sons autograph, Tony Gwynn Jr. They must have used an UD card where the stickers were placed on the wrong Gwynn, as an exemplar. Absolutely horrible. This is in my neck of the woods. I might have to go check it out.

You should bring a copy of this thread with you. That would be really fun to get their face on video reading this thread.

thetruthisoutthere 05-06-2012 04:44 PM

www.proxibid.com LLP Auctions Tony Gwynn

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HOFAUTOS (Post 990785)

Here it is:

Attachment 62860

Attachment 62861

Deertick 05-06-2012 06:21 PM

Papa Gwynn

1 Attachment(s)
For comparison

GrayGhost 05-07-2012 05:43 AM

It boggles the mind that idiots will bid on the garbage like that, and as has been said by MANY On here, that these guys get away w selling crap like that.

thetruthisoutthere 05-07-2012 10:51 AM

Johnny Bench Autographed Baseball LLP Auctions Tampa FL

1 Attachment(s)
Johnny Bench autographed baseball listed by LLP Auctions, Tampa FL.

This is as hideous a forgery as you will ever see.

Attachment 62942

Wymers Auction 05-07-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 990971)
Johnny Bench autographed baseball listed by LLP Auctions, Tampa FL.

This is as hideous a forgery as you will ever see.

Attachment 62942

I agree Chris!!! Check out the Pete Rose it is no where near as bad as Johnny Bench, but still a complete laugh.

thetruthisoutthere 05-07-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 990734)
How about Lou Gehrig signing with a black sharpie.

Attachment 62837

Attachment 62839

Some moron actually placed a bid for this piece of crap!!!!

Wymers Auction 05-07-2012 05:16 PM

I called and left a message that I was going to contact the police and FBI if they proceed with this sale.

thetruthisoutthere 05-07-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wymers Auction (Post 991059)
I called and left a message that I was going to contact the police and FBI if they proceed with this sale.

I went to the Facebook page of Proxibid where they are promoting a Michael Jordan autographed jersey. Yes, I left a comment about their Jordan autographed jersey.

Wymers Auction 05-07-2012 06:39 PM

That Jordan looked fake to me would you agree Chris?

thetruthisoutthere 05-07-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wymers Auction (Post 991079)
That Jordan looked fake to me would you agree Chris?

It is a forgery. Yes.

Bilko G 05-08-2012 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wymers Auction (Post 991059)

NICE!!!:cool:

7nohitter 05-08-2012 06:27 AM

My 4 year old has a better signature than what's on this site!

Deertick 05-08-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7nohitter (Post 991163)
My 4 year old has a better signature than what's on this site!

I hear they may be looking for more experienced workers! Can she sign righty? The current guy is mouth-handed.

jgmp123 05-08-2012 07:50 AM

I just don't know which one to bid on!!

2 Attachment(s)
This guy was lucky enough to find Stan and Yogi in the same place with that same bright blue pen...

These guys should be put in jail as soon as possible.

RichardSimon 05-08-2012 08:48 AM

Considering the twenty five cent bids, this place will be lucky to cover the cost of the frames and baseball holders.

thetruthisoutthere 05-08-2012 09:41 AM

Please note that Proxibid did the right thing and removed all of the auctions listed by LLP Auctions, Tampa Fl.

Deertick 05-08-2012 09:54 AM

Success!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 991213)
Please note that Proxibid did the right thing and removed all of the auctions listed by LLP Auctions, Tampa Fl.

He never did answer my emails or phone messages.

RichardSimon 05-08-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deertick (Post 991221)
He never did answer my emails or phone messages.

Looks like some comments on their Facebook page initially by Chris and then by me actually got action from Proxibid.
Glad to see that Proxibid is a responsible company. Wow,, when have I said something like that on this forum? :D.

barrysloate 05-08-2012 10:21 AM

It used to be that forgers would spend hours and hours honing their skills, trying to replicate someone's signature with such care that most would not be able to detect it's a forgery.

These clowns are skipping that step altogether. They're merely penning a sloppy signature that's borderline passable, and then letting the bad LOA do the work for them. These forgeries are becoming so commonplace that it is no longer necessary to waste time learning one's craft...if you can call it a craft.

thetruthisoutthere 05-08-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 991232)
It used to be that forgers would spend hours and hours honing their skills, trying to replicate someone's signature with such care that most would not be able to detect it's a forgery.

These clowns are skipping that step altogether. They're merely penning a sloppy signature that's borderline passable, and then letting the bad LOA do the work for them. These forgeries are becoming so commonplace that it is no longer necessary to waste time learning one's craft...if you can call it a craft.

Barry, the fact that people were actually bidding on that junk says it all about those wannabe collectors.

barrysloate 05-08-2012 11:10 AM

I know Chris. It's amazing how stupid or trusting people can be. But there are many who do not realize that the LOA's are bad. They assume since it has one they are safe to bid. Still stupid, I know.

mighty bombjack 05-08-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 991258)
I know Chris. It's amazing how stupid or trusting people can be. But there are many who do not realize that the LOA's are bad. They assume since it has one they are safe to bid. Still stupid, I know.

This is it. I was at an "antiques mall" (read: indoor flea market) when I spotted some autographs. I asked a lady to open the case for me (general salesperson, not the seller of the items), but while she was doing so I saw that they had ACE certs (and, not surprisingly, looked bad). I told her that she could keep the case closed. She sensed that I didn't trust the stuff, but then she kinda got indignant and told me that the LOAs definitively proved the autos were real, and that "You can look up the numbers on the internet and everything!"

mr2686 05-08-2012 11:24 AM

Well heck, if that doesn't prove it, what does? :rolleyes:

Wymers Auction 05-08-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

The sad thing is Chris we were too late in the past. They had another sports auction that completed and brought way too much money for that phoney garbage. My hope is that they go back to selling worthless gemstones.

thecatspajamas 05-08-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Huzzah!

thetruthisoutthere 05-08-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wymers Auction (Post 991351)
The sad thing is Chris we were too late in the past. They had another sports auction that completed and brought way too much money for that phoney garbage. My hope is that they go back to selling worthless gemstones.

That is sad, James.

Do you know if LLP Auctions, Tampa FL, was selling that same garbage before we discovered them?

It is difficult to comprehend that anyone would bid on forgeries that looked as bad as they did.

thetruthisoutthere 05-08-2012 03:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have also been in communication with Proxibid about the numerous other forgeries listed on their platform.

I've already done a thread on both LLP Auctions and DK Listing on another site that I write for and I informed Proxibid that I would hold off on doing more until I see if they take any action on the other auctioneers I reported to them.

This is the kind of junk DK Listing, Fairfield OH, has listed on Proxibid.com

Attachment 63033

tinkereversandme 05-08-2012 04:12 PM

Even those authenticators we know and love would fail this stuff. This stuff is nasty.

Larry

jgmp123 05-08-2012 04:55 PM

DK Listings is a huge offender...once a week they are peddling garbage...tons of Morales and Nick Burkskskdkfhfk (however it's spelled)