Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Shop at home forgeries (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=253242)

MantleBham 03-31-2018 12:53 PM

Shop at home forgeries

How are the guys who sold all of these forgeries not in jail? I remember their stories about how they collected all these things in person & how difficult some of them were to obtain.

It’s incredible they got away with such a high profile scam.

roarfrom34 03-31-2018 01:02 PM

I know that QVC didn't sell forgeries.........The Goldin COA's unfortunately were easy to replicate and be placed with bad items on the secondary market.

MantleBham 03-31-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roarfrom34 (Post 1763040)
I know that QVC didn't sell forgeries.........The Goldin COA's unfortunately were easy to replicate and be placed with bad items on the secondary market.

Not sure if they did just guilt by association, which I shouldn’t do.

There were also some independent shows on national television, where they would buy the airtime late at night and sell stuff, I’ve seen those get rejected.

Ballsy scam.

Duluth Eskimo 03-31-2018 10:12 PM

If you’re going to give your “opinion” you should have your full name with your post. Clearly by some of your other threads and posts you don’t know what you’re talking about when it comes to certain autographs. If you plan on throwing crap at the wall, you should stand by what you say.

Leon 04-01-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo (Post 1763185)
If you’re going to give your “opinion” you should have your full name with your post. Clearly by some of your other threads and posts you don’t know what you’re talking about when it comes to certain autographs. If you plan on throwing crap at the wall, you should stand by what you say.

Fixed....

shelly 04-01-2018 10:39 AM

Those baseballs came from B&J Howards and of course My favorite Player.
They where sold on Home Shopping Network.
The main items where Five hundred HR balls Mantle Williams ball, Sandy Koufax. Just to name a few.

MantleBham 04-01-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1763297)
Those baseballs came from B&J Howards and of course My favorite Player.
They where sold on Home Shopping Network.
The main items where Five hundred HR balls Mantle Williams ball, Sandy Koufax. Just to name a few.

Crazy! Operation Bullpen or whatever it was called was like $750k in forgeries, that takes an amazing amount nerve.

RichardSimon 04-01-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MantleBham (Post 1763302)
Crazy! Operation Bullpen or whatever it was called was like $750k in forgeries, that takes an amazing amount nerve.

Chump change compared to what is coming out of Florida now.

thetruthisoutthere 04-01-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1763322)
Chump change compared to what is coming out of Florida now.

Richard is so right!!!

The "Florida" forgeries, with the majority being "authenticated" by Stephen Rocchi and John Gorajczyk of Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators, is a serious and significant "Forgery Industry."