Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   REA memorabilia pickups (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=123312)

Rob D. 05-02-2010 11:54 AM

REA memorabilia pickups

1 Attachment(s)
When I saw this group of items in the REA catalog, they became the one lot I really wanted to get. Not only did Jack Graney have a long association with the Cleveland Indians, which alone would have been enough for me, but I'm also a dog lover. So the photos of the Indians' canine mascot will occupy a special place in our home. There are a few things in this group that I'll sell because I already have them, but nevertheless it will be fun to go through everything.

Would love to see what other Net54ers added to their memorabilia collections.

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/...x?itemid=14348

perezfan 05-02-2010 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had vowed to pass on REA, but just couldn't let these go... 1911 AL and NL Champs (Athletics and Giants).

I may consider selling the Giants one, so anyone interested, please feel free to inquire....

David Atkatz 05-02-2010 01:28 PM

Here's my win:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...em_14546_1.jpg

thekingofclout 05-02-2010 02:49 PM

Atta Boy Mark!

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 804283)
I had vowed to pass on REA, but just couldn't let these go... 1911 AL and NL Champs (Athletics and Giants).

I may consider selling the Giants one, so anyone interested, please feel free to inquire....

Nice pick up buddy.

MVSNYC 05-02-2010 03:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
i should have posted this here, rather then in the card thread...1951 Yankees Ball.

sbfinley 05-02-2010 03:11 PM

This one blew my mind. $7,000? Wanted it, but not that bad.

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/...x?itemid=14168

bobbvc 05-02-2010 03:25 PM

pickups...

I did not pick this up, but wish I would have for the closing price. Great deal.

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/...x?itemid=14465

perezfan 05-02-2010 03:39 PM

I did not understand that one either... Best buy in the auction, IMO as well...

Scott Garner 05-02-2010 04:16 PM

I had to have it....

1 Attachment(s)
This fits my collection of B/W signed no-hit pitcher postcards and 3 x 5 photos perfectly. I'm proud to own it!:D

perezfan 05-02-2010 04:22 PM

Magnificent pickup, Scott....

I was watching that beauty the whole way. Congrats!

HiNeighbor 05-02-2010 04:44 PM

Maybe it's me, but I think some people have more money than common sense.

$5000 for a 1915 WS Boston Press Pin? This pin sold for a little more than $2000 a couple of years ago (I know, I consigned it).

$6000 for a 1915 Game 3 Boston WS program? This is a fairly common program unless the scoring is making it worth more for some reason.

$80,000 for a 1903 WS program. This one I can almost (??) see because of it's rarity. But the other two?????

Plus the premium?

Yikes. I know I haven't been actively collecting for about a year now (it's gotten out of hand), but holy cow.

P.S. if anyone wants either one of the first two pieces at these prices, let me know...

If anyone wants to buy the real Sox right now, you can probably get them cheaper than these auctions prices. Sorry, in a bad mood since losing three straight to the Orioles. It's not going to be a fun summer...

greg

sox1903wschamp 05-02-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiNeighbor (Post 804350)
Maybe it's me, but I think some people have more money than common sense.

$6000 for a 1915 Game 3 Boston WS program? This is a fairly common program unless the scoring is making it worth more for some reason.

greg

Hi Greg,

This one also blew me away. This was on my list to compliment a photo I have of this game but it went for triple what I would have paid. I was stunned.

sox1903wschamp 05-02-2010 05:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Rob,

Great pickup on the Jack Greney lot. I love that canine mascot.

Despite being blown away on the WS program I did manage to grab a very nice picture lot. From the estate of former Sox player Amos Strunk. Total of 13 photos from Spring training 1919. A nice capture of time from just after a WS win and before the sale of the century.

GrayGhost 05-02-2010 05:46 PM

Nice pickups all. I had seen that Dog lot, cool stuff.

HiNeighbor 05-02-2010 07:14 PM

Nice pickup Mike. I didn't even see that lot in my search, not that I was looking real hard. The one piece I did like was the Cy Young program. Somebody explain to me why that 1915 program went so high...

Greg

ValKehl 05-02-2010 10:01 PM

Scott - Congrats on your pickup of the signed Johnson photo. I was the under bidder. Should you ever lose interest in it, please give me a shout!
Val

Scott Garner 05-03-2010 06:29 AM

Thanks Mark! Congrats on your pickup as well-very nice!!

batsballsbases 05-03-2010 02:15 PM

pickups

Scott,
Very nice pickup. I also had my eye on that piece but decided I didnt want to become like my good friend Jimmy on companion pieces.:D:D Hi Jimmy That is the same picture used on the 2 johnson pins from the 20s. Good luck with it.

101SOX19 05-03-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob D. (Post 804256)
When I saw this group of items in the REA catalog, they became the one lot I really wanted to get. Not only did Jack Graney have a long association with the Cleveland Indians, which alone would have been enough for me, but I'm also a dog lover. So the photos of the Indians' canine mascot will occupy a special place in our home. There are a few things in this group that I'll sell because I already have them, but nevertheless it will be fun to go through everything.

Would love to see what other Net54ers added to their memorabilia collections.

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/...x?itemid=14348

I was also looking at this lot because of Larry (the dog) who was somewhat of a superstar, entertaining players before games throghout the American League and even on road trips until his death in 1917.

He also appears in front of Jack, front and center on the T200 Cleveland team card of 1913.

Enjoy!!!

Scott Garner 05-04-2010 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batsballsbases (Post 804584)
Scott,
Very nice pickup. I also had my eye on that piece but decided I didnt want to become like my good friend Jimmy on companion pieces.:D:D Hi Jimmy That is the same picture used on the 2 johnson pins from the 20s. Good luck with it.

Thanks Al! I have seen the Johnson button on the right, but what info can you supply on your button on the left?

thekingofclout 05-04-2010 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batsballsbases (Post 804584)
Scott,

Well Al. It's a good thing for Scott that those pins weren't mine then! ;)

Another terrific addition to your already superb collection Scott!

BTW...Al. Are you taking good care of my Gehrig/Burke photo?:D

batsballsbases 05-04-2010 06:10 PM

Pickups

Scott,
An intresting pin 1 1/4 inch in size. Is listed in both Hakes and Pauls book. Both dont say much about it. Mine has the back paper Pin was made by James Spencer &Co. Philadelphia Probably early 20s. A very nice picture of him.
Jimmy yes the photo is being very well taked care of .;) I think it might need a visit from your beautiful autogragh Gehrig piece that you have. Here is a little picture visit via net 54:D:D

Scott Garner 05-05-2010 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekingofclout (Post 804801)
Well Al. It's a good thing for Scott that those pins weren't mine then! ;)

Another terrific addition to your already superb collection Scott!

BTW...Al. Are you taking good care of my Gehrig/Burke photo?:D

Thanks Jimmy! I especially like the fact that the photo was signed around the time frame that Johnson threw his last strikeout (he had 3508 K's in his career). This became the strikeout standard that Ryan (and subsequently others) passed en route to his career 5714 K's. I look at this as essentially passing the torch, one generation to another. Walter was the flamethrowing right hander of his era, Nolan ditto during his.

Scott Garner 05-05-2010 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batsballsbases (Post 805059)
Scott,
An intresting pin 1 1/4 inch in size. Is listed in both Hakes and Pauls book. Both dont say much about it. Mine has the back paper Pin was made by James Spencer &Co. Philadelphia Probably early 20s. A very nice picture of him.
Jimmy yes the photo is being very well taked care of .;) I think it might need a visit from your beautiful autogragh Gehrig piece that you have. Here is a little picture visit via net 54:D:D

Al,
Thanks for providing the info on the Johnson pin!